Why I Like the Mercy Changes

This just isn’t true for these hero’s there are many scenarios where none of these characters can help a feeding team mate due to resource management which mercy players haven’t really had to deal with until now

This place is like 75% support mains.

1 Like

This is straight facts lmao. I realized the same thing when I did a poll on Reddit that asked everyone’s main role and I got like 5K responses. 3k of them were supports….

1 Like

When it comes to base healing and damage, Zen, Baptiste, Kiriko, and Ana do not have really any thinking when it comes to resource management. That’s more their abilities, which isn’t relevant to my point. They can all heal the teammate in 99.99% of scenarios. My point still stands, and I’ll restate it just so it’s not ignored:

You know what. I’ve seen this enough so I’m calling it out.

Stop talking down to Mercy players, it’s honestly so annoying. This doesn’t have anything to do with resource management for Mercy players(it’s just an extension of decision making all Mercy players always have made), but you wanted to throw in a little jab because you have a bias against them.

2 Likes

Evidence? Or I have to go and get my Hitchens’s razor?

A lot of ‘aim elitists’ have actually…

LMAO this is why it’s impossible to have any discussion about mercy at all. You get offended so easily. It wasn’t even a jab at mercy players, it was pointing out a fact that GA has never really had to be thought about as rescourse management. It’s hilarious because I’ve been told I’m “bad” because I just “never used GA right, and that’s why I don’t care that the CD got nerfed” or told that I’m “probably just a pocket bot, so I never used GA” as a GM 1 top 500 support

1 Like

It’s honestly everyone.

Before her death rates didn’t increase everyone was saying “now Mercy mains have to learn to position”

So much of the community consistently talks down to Mercy mains and it’s so frustrating. It happens with a decent amount of heroes, but it happens to Mercy by far the most along with Moira, distantly followed by Genji.

This tribalism over literally nothing is so dumb.

Hey so like you ignored my main point to hyper focus on that comment. It’s hard for you to have a conversation because you don’t want to. You ignored my main point to make that comment.

Also it’s funny that you imply I’m a “Mercy player.” I have rarely played her since this game(OW2) came out.(seeing how you acted you’re probably just going to respond to this last sentence and ignore my main point)

1 Like

Yeah I know… And it does not help that Blizzard gave every one basically a green light to do it with that dumb piece on OWL… Or does not take any actions against employees that are hateful towards Mercy mains. That is just disgusting…

Yes it is… But what can we do? We can point that out, and they will just laugh and keep doing it…

1 Like

I can tell you why people do that. You may not like the answer. People see Mercy players as non-FPS players who hide behind a DPS and press 1 key to make their DPS better than you.

At the end of the day it’s a “don’t hate the player hate the game” thing. But I can definitely understand why many players get frustrated and talk down to Mercys. People just want to have a fun 1v1 with the enemy DPS and an unmirrored Mercy pocket ruins that experience. It’s like having a personal healbot.

Might be true but every argument against Mercy is literally that she shouldn’t be viable above gold because she requires no aim and Mercy players just like to be afk. So again, her flying around shouldn’t be more of an issue than taking down a Pharah with hitscan. And she doesn’t even shoot back…

1 Like

That just show that they do not know what they are talking about…

You try playing DPS without a pocket into DPS that have a pocket. You don’t know what it’s like because you ARE the Mercy lol.

Translation: try to play 1 versus 2…

It’s not a fun experience when your supports are Reddit Lucio and a DPS Moira and you have to play perfect on your own with no support or lose.

I can’t fault Mercy mains for playing a hero that is in the game, but I don’t have to respect players who hard pocket 1 player to climb the ranks.

That is a MM issue, not a hero issue…

That is how you play Mercy this days… This is optimal play style for her… And guess what, it was not what Mercy players wanted. It was what every one else wanted when they forced her rework since ‘Mercy should not be main healer’…

I didn’t ask for this, but this is most optimal play style for her now. Figure out who is best pocket target then pocket them…

This is how I’ve seen her played for as long as I remember. They are almost always in a duo and never leave their Ashe/Soldier/Cree. It’s infuriating to play against.

Not saying it’s every Mercy main, but there’s a reason people call Mercy mains boosted. Many of them only play Overwatch to get boosted by a DPS. I’ve encountered Mercys who are proud of being boosted. I just think is it really that fun for them to only exist to solely ruin the experience for other players?

bro…??? are you fr?

mercy is even BETTER at pocketing now and she’s never supposef to heal the tank. girl…

1 Like

i don’t play much mercy myself but the change just seems like a failure on every level to me, but mostly i feel kinda bad for people who’ve invested hundreds of hours into her and found her movement incredibly fun only to be basically turned into a stationary healing/dmg boost turret, which also effectively lowers the skill ceiling by quite a bit

i’m not a high rank player so i don’t want to throw my weight in too much when it comes to discussions of balance, but her dmg boost and rez are what should have been looked at, while changing her movement just makes her a less engaging hero. i mean, she’s boring now, she feels awkward and clunky and i think they not only jumped the gun but they’re currently demonstrating some pretty obtuse behavior when it comes to acknowledging players’ feedback

Your probably at best plat with this thought process

2 Likes