Why I Have Yet to Not Despise Mercy's Current State

I see waaaaaaaaaay more expressing the former rather than the latter.

2 Likes

This can be done with abilities as well as other ultimates that are far better at it.

2 Likes

I see roughly an equal number, myself, but I dont keep specific records on such things

Right, I dont either but I do not see an equal number and see far more dissent concerning Mercy’s state than people who like her current state.

2 Likes

Understood.

As I said, I see roughly an equal number of those who support Mercy and those who complain about Mercy

I understand as well.

As i said, I do not see an equal number.

I understood your statement each of the three times you stated it

Well I understand your statements that you understand

3 Likes

Woah, here we are (yet again) on the main page of the “Latest” category.

so we have that going for us, which is nice

And I’ve also understood yours the many many many times you have said it but have continued to say it anyway.

You see how its annoying?

No, not really

I just wanted to convey to you that I understood each each time you said it

Oh, well then I really dont have much to say.

I’m sure you don’t either but seeing that you have a tendency to need to have the last word, I would not be surprised if you responded.

5 Likes

Yeah… I did some research regarding that “God awful ability”

Jeff himself said, in his opinion, that Mercy’s issues were nowhere near as big of a problem as you make it look like.

He said
Jeff Kaplan
Jul 7, 2017

“[…] I also think we need to do some brainstorming when it comes to Mercy’s resurrect, for example. The ability is extremely powerful in a very unfun way for both Mercy and everyone playing against that Mercy.”

-As A Side Note:
I partly agree with him here. The issue i have is that the
“in a very unfun way for both Mercy and […]”
Since that argument is only based on hide and res, which as everyone should know by now, was only done to abuse the SR system and had nothing to do with res as an ability/Ult. Not to forget that it was completely unviable in higher ranks.
-End Side Note

He continues:

“But it’s not doomsday. These aren’t game breaking issues. They are better fixed slowly and carefully as the overall game is not ruined by them. […]”

He then proceeds to talk about the perception of balance and that stuff as well as that this and his statement about Roadhog are examples.
Quite an interesting read.

Even way after the point in which the SR exploit was unintentionally revealed, he still considered Mercy’s issue with resurrect as not that big of a deal.

So, please stop spreading the misinformation that the dev’s considered Mass Res as such a big issue that there was no way to fix it.
They probably, really just got pressured hard by Streamers/Pro’s to change her. Something which after XQC’s last rage became more than obvious again.
Especially if you look at her rework and how insanely rushed it was (and still is).

"They are better fixed slowly and carefully"
A dev which says things like that would never rush something unless they are hard pressured.

12 Likes

clarification: I have spread no misinformation whatsoever in this regard

The devs stated clearly and succinctly when the change was made that (thankfully) removed mass rez from the game that they had observed unwanted behavior associated with the existence of mass rez in the game; and as such, they acted swiftly (and correctly) to remove it.

brawl clearly showed that wasn’t the case since it was a massive issue for the devs till “pro players” complained about it despite ignoring mercy very clearly in their matches.

2.0 was far less healthy for the game as a whole long term as they had to focus on resolving a rushed rework instead of focusing on other hero’s who needed that attention more.

There’s a reason why torbjorn’s rework was so much better than mercy’s was.

very clearly have since jeff himself mentioned it as not a huge issue.

why are you incapable of admitting when your wrong.

8 Likes

I clearly described statements that the devs did indeed make in regards to the release of the changes that included the removal of mass rez, as as such, this was indeed the case

I ask that the personal attacks cease

Nobody’s attacking you, just learn to admit when your wrong for once.

6 Likes

I think you don’t get my point here… again
Said issue was not that big of a deal
You always play it out as if Mass Res crashed the entire game if it was used. You are exaggerating to help your points. That is basically the same as spreading misinformation.

Maybe not directly, but definitely indirect.
You always push the agenda how awfully bad Mass Res was and that the dev always wanted to get rid of it.
This is just plain wrong since, as i showed, it was considered as a small issue.

Nothing… And i repeat
Nothing as big as the changes to Mercy should be done “swiftly” and the insanely negative result for doing the rework “swiftly” caused major issues for the entire game for almost half a year as well as the biggest controversy the game ever faced.
“swiftly” in game development is and never was “correctly”.

Not to forget that, not only the rework was pushed to live/PTR “swiftly”. Mercy’s last change before her rework was her IF buff on Mass Res, which means that they also had way more time to change her properly when needed.

Only that you are again ripping that out of context. As i said, you made it look like that the dev always wanted to remove Mass Res straight up.
Which never was the case.

You are really good at that…
Context destruction, changing topics if you don’t know what to say anymore, Ignoring direct questions and working around them, cherry picking statements from others and so on and so on.

And of course they said something when the rework came out because they had to say something.
That’s like Logic 101.
Also… the day i saw that i really had to laugh about that, since apparently that’s the behavior they want from Mercy palyers.
https://clips.twitch.tv/EncouragingProtectiveCurryVoHiYo
Anyway, I’m done with you here.

13 Likes

clarification: i have never made any such statements in any thread on these forums

Clarifications:

1. None of my statements in this thread have contained any form of exaggeratio, though there are indeed many exaggerated statements in statements made by others in this thread

2. I repeat, I have spread no misinformation in this regard

clarification: while it is indeed my opinion that mass rez was a very, very bad thing, I have no agenda in regards to it

clairifications:

1. I am only aware that the devs wanted to get rid of it as of the statement they made that I have described earlier in this thread.

2. I have never stated in any thread in these forums that the devs always wanted to get rid of it

clarification: It was a very, very large issue…so large that the devs acted far more swiftly than they generally do to implement this change.

In my opinion, such issues pale in comparison to the problems created by mass rez.

as such, I am glad it happened as it did.

in this case, given how much of a problem mass rez posed for the game, I think they did the right thing

It actually was the case, as evidenced by the fact that this is precisely what they did - they thankfully removed the ability from the game