Why I Have Yet to Not Despise Mercy's Current State

…and that wasnt even the worst thing about it

I think the only changes she got before her rework were the Mass Res IF buff, 60 HP/s and the buff which removed the “don’t move while resing” nonsens. Other than that she didn’t got more changes. (I’m excluding global changes like the Ult charge adjustment to all heroes).
I even remember Jeff saying on the old forum that Mercy is only a minor issue alongside with Roadhog… But that was before the SR story and streamers started to get mad at Mercy for no real reason.

Before Stremers started with the “Mass Res is BS” bs, i never really saw someone complain about Mass Res. Sure, Mercy players wanted an E ability, but that had nothing to do with her ult.
So before that point, it’s more than obvious that those against her 1.x version were basically just as much as the daily “I lost against that hero!” complain.

Then the Stremer Bs started. And even at that point most complains only went against the fact that palyers abused the SR system by only going for massive res’s with Mercy.
Hate and frustration, not directed purely at Mass Res, but the SR system.

And then after her rework…
Tons and tons and tons of poll’s and surveys were made by the community to see what everyone thinks about Mercy (Just to point that out… the controversy sustained over more than a year and is still a thing. Says enough about the general opinion i think) and basically all the time the outcome was that around 3/4 wanted to see another rework or a revert. Even some You Tubers like YourOverwatch went out and said that they should revert or at least rework her again.

The complains against the idea to revert/rework her, after what i saw, always came from the same people (here on the forums) while i always saw new people which went to the forums for the first time, to say that they want Mercy to be change drastically again.

Sooooo after going over that timeline and how the situation always went over, i think it’s save to say that the vast majority wanted to change her again or revert her.
The unfortunate part is that those, Pros and streamers, are the only one with realy strong impact on hero changes.
So if you want to call a very unfair dedication of the devs to those as “the majority” your right.

8 Likes

I read and heard many such complaints, and aside from that, the devs observed the widespread unwanted behavior that mass rez resulted in; and thankfully acted swiftly to remove this ability from the game

You’ve reposted this like 10 times in this thread.

Quit spamming.

3 Likes

Clarification: there has been no spam in any statements I have made. Each statement is individually typed with no cut and paste involved whatsoever

Dude what are you even doing? This is a video game that doesn’t truly affect any of our lives, and you are taking such offense to people wanting something different for their character. I assume your’e a moira main, so how does mercy’s state genuinely affect you so much that you continually return to a group convo in which you are not going to change anyone’s mind? Is this simply just to get a rise out of people?

7 Likes

lumanaska: If you are addressing me

I repeat …if…

Then i am a support main. I like and play all of the supports

you main torbjorn and mei on xbox?

what are you talking about.

2 Likes

Clarification: i do not play Mei or Nerfedbjorn

I’ve seen your stat page before though.

ik you know you do so its no use lieing to my virtual face.

5 Likes

If you saw a stat page that purported to be mine with that information, one or both of 2 things are true

1. That wasnt me

2. The website in question contains incomplete and or innaccurate data

Take your pick, doesnt really matter to me

I ask that the personal attacks cease

Im not seeing the personal attacks here, your just a torbjorn and mei main but somehow interpret that as an insult.

Your just clearly not a support main.

The data should be more than accurate as it usually is when concerning things you seem to always disagree with when actually having sizable chunks of people to collect from and it wasn’t that long ago when it was last updated so it cant be that far off from than.

Very contradictory statement there, you don’t care but at the same time you do.

There’s only one MegaDodo and it matched your player tag aswell so i mean it’d be pretty hard for both the fairly recent data or the site’s id of you to be wrong.

Just accept your wrong for once.

5 Likes

Saying i am a nerfedbjorn or mei main isnt a personal attack, it is simply an incorrect statement

I have already stated that i am a support main, and that the data you have reported here is not my data. I have nothing further to add to that particular piece

I dont care which of the two reasons you choose for how your data is wrong. I do care to let you know that it is in fact wrong. Ergo, no contradiction occurred

2 Likes

:robot: Beep boop. :robot:

I see that we’re staying on-topic and not derailing the conversation at all. Good job. boop beep.

So, what do you think about Mercy’s current state?

4 Likes

In terms of staying on topic

1. I did not begin this side thread
  2. I merely addressed incorrect statements about me and a personal attack made on me
1 Like

i’m really hoping that this next “big patch” will include this in the update.

if not, i just want the devs to see this thread. this shouldn’t go unseen.

3 Likes

By “include this”, what is the “this” you are referring to?

the ability, pacify.

i really wanna see something like this ingame. actually, maybe it could be created on the workshop

3 Likes

It is far more likely imo to be created by a player in the workshop than ever being added to the game

The devs have made multiple statements in recent months that they like Mercy as she is

Yes, I know that. Everyone does.

That was meant towards your stance. Everyone who has read a Mercy post of yours knows your stance. Regurgitating it as you do adds nothing to a discussion.

Because you dont look for those I assume, but there are plenty.

And I would bet that if they were to remove superjump or nerf Mercy again in anyway you would be the first to say, that she is fine and the changes are necessary. You would say that she is fine and needs no changes, as you have done long in the past before the healing nerf when you has said she was fine and needs no changes.

At this point I am almost convinced you are an undercover blizz employee trying to silence opposition in regards to Mercy’s state.

Saying “I think shes fine” again and again and again does nothing. Everyone already knows your stance. People as myself go out of my way to go in depth and provide more than just a “i disagree” to actually contribute to a discussion and you being unable to do the same is fine but it also does not add any value to your opinions.

7 Likes