Why I Have Yet to Not Despise Mercy's Current State

I feel Mercy achieves that.

Currently the only hero with such a mechanic is Brig. I can see how this is satisfying. Repair pack is a slept on ability imo. So clutch in so many situations.

Couldn’t we say GA and the bunny hop and GA tech allows for such a mobility type expression?

Worth for an enemy to die for? How so? Could you expound on this?

Instant kill sort of renders the previous points you mentioned irrelevant don’t you think? And Mercy is the only one that can react to an instakill via Rez.

Alright that makes sense, didn’t know we were making those distinctions.

I guess. Instant rez was pretty ridiculous tho. I was getting away with Rezes I had no business pulling off with instant rez. The restrictions placed on it seem fair to me. What would you like? Less of a movement speed reduction?

Where are you getting these numbers from? Could you please link me? As far as I know only GA speeds were really adjusted. I could be wrong though.

What is Pharah flight speed? Are you talking about during her shift ability? I don’t consider a 63% increase in movement speed “slight.” Why do you feel it is such?

Amped Lucio healing is like… 50 hps I think? Which is on par with Mercy’s basic healing. How can that be saving someone from focused fire and Mercy can’t?

Yeah that’s what it does.

Yeah for sure. And that’s why those two, the off healers in essence, are given such burst save ultimates.

Provides 30 armor per second, which is not enough to save someone from focus fire.

Yeah that can save someone in a clutch, but if they’re being focused fired they’ll still die. It’s not an HPS to negate focus fire, unlike Zen’s ult at 300hps. Can focus fire through Moira ult, and it’s restricted by it’s hitbox and overall team positioning as you all have to be in a line.

Yeah Anas nade provides a burst healing potential, still can be killed via focus fire through it.

It didn’t save team mates, it brought them back from the dead after they were failed to be saved. Here is where one could bring up the distinction between “main” healers and their ults, such as Ana, Moira, and Mercy, and those of off healers, like Zen, Lucio, and Brig.

Sure. In environments that allowed it, due to a lack of coordination and such, to be used in such a way.

That’s not what Mercy HAS to do. Mercy is a very good healer in a lot of different settings, thanks to the mobility and people not just eating damage for the sake of eating damage.

1 Like

Means, that I am valuable enough for enemy to die, if it means killing me as well.
To prevent me from using such powerful ability, which can cause much damage.

Just pointing out, why Sombra isn’t hero for me, either. Managing disguise to act as believable as possible was fun.

1 Like

Ah… So you’re wanting to be focused only on healing, and to be the main focus of the enemy team as you are doing so? Personally I think deleting the supports is still a huge and primary focus of any engagement… Mass Rez doesn’t seem necessary for me.

1 Like

When you got ults, you don’t need to kill supports, that have only 60 hps at best to stop you. So every time I am being chased, I am questioning enemy’s stupidity.

You can easily combo my whole team, and I won’t be able to stop you. Yet you choose to abandon everything to chase one of most mobile heroes in game? Really?

1 Like

You always have to kill supports. Ults aren’t just press Q to win buttons.

Well I gotta check myself on that… In certain settings/tiers/game environments, alright maybe they are… That just makes me want to circle back to player issues and mistakes… There is no Q to kill sort of ult. There is always more involved.

You still have to hit with them, and that’s it: unless enemy support got powerful ult to tank your damage, enemies are going to die.

To guarantee this, many players can use their ults at the same time, aka ult stacking.

Already had few games won, because enemy thought like you: “we have to kill supports”, and chased me around, instead of pushing payload. Better put those efforts on something more useful, rather than catching harmless fly. As only thought it causes for me is “great, more enemies greatly overestimating my power”.

1 Like

There are a lot of things involved in “hitting” with them. You can shatter and not have the follow up, or grav and not have the ability to kill, etc. That’s not even including support ults.

There is no “I press Q and everyone within a 15m radius immediately dies” type of ult. The closest comparison would be Dva which has the long wind up, blocked by LOS, etc. Thus why it’s typically referred to as a zoning ult outside of a grav or shatter combo.

DPS ults aren’t all that powerful tbh. They can be mitigated without the usage of support ults.

If they are used one by one, maybe. Not when used as ult stack: your team simply won’t be able to handle all ulting enemies at once.

Saw this happen many times, too, from safe distance. Both boring and upsetting to watch.

2 Likes

And then the ult economy swings in your direction. You have the same ability to spam ults at the enemy as the enemy has to toward you. That’s what ult economy is about.

Never worked for me that way on defense.

Unlucky :frowning: You’ve gotta be on the ult spamming winner side from time to time at least? If not, you have terrible luck my friend xD :frowning:

No, never ult spam for me. But sometimes other team tries to use ults one by one.

Attackers aren’t limited to objective, and can hide from ults wherever they want. We, on the other side, have to stay on objective.

1 Like

The ladder Gods must really hate you :frowning:

Did you kick a kitten in a previous life?

Random gods never liked me, in any games. Playing competitive strictly as part of duo - playing alone would be even less enjoyable.

1 Like

I know that feel… RNJesus threw me to the gutter long ago. That’s why I don’t play MMOs and looters anymore. The next time I play a game with a friend and they get the drop I’ve been grinding for I am going to drive to their house and punch them in the throat.

It’s just how it is :woman_shrugging:

Nerfs to Mercy healing are annoying to me, as they prevent me from using strategy from TF2 - pocket best player you got, and keep everyone else healed, as extra targets/some fire support. Now there should be second healer, or it would be very likely that only me and that one player would be alive most of the time.

Same applies to damage boost change/nerf.

It was very fun to capture second point on Hanamura as Pharmercy, because no one else could even get close against Bastion shielded by Orisa…

Story of my life PepeHands.

Yeah I can appreciate that. Tbh, I’m kind of glad people be appreciating how much of a difference -10hps made, as prior to the change so many argued it’d change nothing and Mercy would be mandatory so long as Rez was on E. Don’t see any of those arguments anymore. That’s nice.

Like I said, I wish we could’ve seen the changes to other supports and snipers going through without that -10hps. I’m not convinced it was necessary. But there’s no way to know…

Would you be happy if Mercy’s base healing was made to be say 55hps and her Valk was adjusted to be a lower duration but more "oomph"y?

I will, but hope for damage boost change to be reverted too. Not exactly sure about 55 hps - damage rises over time, and 60 hps even back there was lowest main healer had.

3 Likes

Good good… Thank you, for like going on this back and forth journey with me. I feel like I can understand and appreciate your perspective much more than I had prior to this. I really do wish a compromise can be reached, at least verbally between us denizens of the forum. Only RNJesus knows what the devs will decide on :wink: Haha.

I really appreciate your willingness to compromise like this. Thank you.

11 to 9, then during GA during Valkyrie it was reduced 50%. So, more precisely (due to me originally misreading it, or pages updated) it was a double whammy, since 9 flight speed normal then GA to someone was (according to many) too hard to hit was reduced 50%. Those are the only 2 I have found about Mercy’s reduction in flight speed.

However, from original ones read back then I could have sworn it was 75% reduction in flight speed then another 50% reduction. Been a while since 1st Nerf (over a year).

Talking about flying, or trying to fly, beside Pharah while she is already in the air. GA gets you up to her, but once Valkyrie is activates Pharah can still fly a bit faster than Mercy. An though 9 as opposed to 5.5 (your numbers) is still only slightly faster than running, but you can cut corners by flying over things.

YEAH, exactly. Mercy HAS NO BURST HEALING, an she still has no burst healing. But she COULD Rez dead Heroes. It was unique, it offered game changing plays, an not everyone played “Hide and Rez” like some streamers, an even Jeff suggested/implied happened every game.

Yeah, pretty much she has to Pocket Damage Boost with occasional Healing. I could take a 4 man DPS team with 1 tank an keep everyone alive till Ults Storms started coming in, then punish enemy team for using all their Ults at once by Rezing my team because they ignored me even though I was right next to them. OR, if my team dove for cover an only 1 to 3 people died I could Rez them. I died a lot doing it, but it often allowed the game to proceed and we could pull off a win.
But even back then (season 1 to 3) I was called out a LOT for going Mercy, because it was either Lucio/Zenyatta of Lucio/Ana or Zenyatta/Ana. Did I let my teammates die so I could Rez them, no. Did I occasionally leave a teammate dead on the field to save my Ult for more people to possibly die, of course I did. If you are a Genji and on the other side of the map, next to a Health Pack, and spamming ‘I need healing.’ while at full health then died because you were out of position, I would not even try to heal/rez ya because you were being a mutton head and not playing properly.
I took cover a lot, I’m squishy after-all and an easy target. I would also move around to get a better position to heal teammates or if need be, because they took two to three Ultimates at once, Rez them. But if anyone told me, much less screamed at me, to go hide once I got Rez I wouldn’t because I could offer other things besides Rez to the game play. Unlike this person:

(Pardon his language, he needs a chat filter)
4 Likes