Why I Have Yet to Not Despise Mercy's Current State

No, I won’t. And I never strived to go for GM, so keep this out of here.

Old ult allowed to ignore busted matchmaking much easier, than new one.

2 Likes

Alright… That was like an impressive side step of the point I was trying to make… Not sure how I should progress from here.

Yeah… I’m glad that you got some value out of it… And hey. I hope you find something that can do that for you?

Like… I don’t see really how any of this is relevant to balance.

1 Like

There is nothing left that can do it for me. Just nothing.

You should’ve tried playing Brig after she initially dropped. That would’ve done it for ya.

Jk. Sarcasm… Ish…

I hate all other healers, that’s it. I am not playing to deal damage, I am playing to keep my team alive.

Used to like Torbjorn and Symmetra, but they were changed, so not anymore.

1 Like

I don’t know how to help you, friend. You’re very active in Mercy threads and stuff… But I don’t see a way to really remedy this. You seem to have a really specific desire from this game, and it seems to be completely tied to the presence of Mass Rez…

In that sense… I think there’s nothing that can be done for you. Maybe check out another game?

1 Like

Truth is, if Mercy wasn’t in game, I wouldn’t be buying Overwatch in the first place.

And, honestly, I don’t really care about rez as much, as about independent impact, that isn’t tied to kills.

Fair enough. I’ve bought tickets to a concert just for the opening band before. Wasn’t ideal but hey, worth in the end.

I wish you could find more things to bond to and enjoy in this game other than just Mercy. Tbh, this game offers a lot more than this forum makes it seem imo. I wish we all could appreciate those other elements a little more.

1 Like

Too late. I don’t enjoy hybrid heroes, and few heroes I enjoyed were all messed up by Blizzard.

All game offers is aimed for bloodthirsty players.

That’s fair. I’m not about to force feed someone Pad Thai just because I love it. You’re not wrong for not enjoying it. I hope you can find a game that gives you what you want.

1 Like

There is none, unfortunately. And I don’t want to go back to TF2.

Being hunted by enemy team used to be fun, as I knew, that I can really ruin everything for them, if left alive. Now it’s no fun.

Like, what can I do against ulting enemy? Fly away? Or watch my team getting shredded from safe height?

Yeah… I mean, from what you’ve said to me, I thought of MMOs and stuff more. Supportive/healer classes in those sort of games and such seem to be more what you’d enjoy.

Never liked MMOs, at all. Overwatch is my first game from Blizzard, too. Sad, that it’s going to be last as well.

We’re getting pretty off topic, but what other games have you spent a lot of time on/enjoyed? TF2 I’d assume is one due to your previous mention, what other ones have you enjoyed?

Mostly it. Played TF2 for really long time, since 2008. Other games were just way to spend time, nothing to stay.

Well what other games did you enjoy spending time with the most? There has to be something more than just TF2… Well, there doesn’t HAVE to be I guess. Tbh if your gaming experience is basically just TF2 -> Overwatch I find that amazing and incredibly impressive in it’s own weird way lmao xD

Not much, those were singleplayer games. Like Half-Life 2. Tried CS:GO, but didn’t find it fun.

1 Like

I was talking about after all the Nerfs, but to be sure the Rework and insta rez was not good for the game (an brought a ton of new hatred against Mercy). But Rez as it is now is VERY punishing.

Original Flight speed minus 75% (first Nerf to Valkyrie flight speed) = 25% flight speed. New flight speed - 50% (2nd Nerf to Valkyrie flight speed) = 12.5% of original flight speed.
Between Running speed and Flight Speed, flight speed is only slightly faster than running speed, an less than Pharah flight speed.

Well, the evidence speaks for itself. Split Beam Valkyrie won’t save anyone from focused fire, much less Ultimates, unlike:

• Lucio’s Amped Up healing or Ultimate- specifically Ultimate can save a team.
  • Zenyatta’s Ultimate- providing it isn’t hit with Ana Nade (same with Lucio) will save teammates.
  • Brigitte’s Ult and battling- specifically Ultimate will save teammates.
  • Moria’s Ultimate or Healing Orb- Ult damages enemies & heals teammates an can save them.
  • Ana’s Nade- Burst heals teammates and anti heals enemies.

an what does Mercy have?

• Valkyrie- either Heals teammates @ 60 hps each OR Damage Boosts teammates OR unlimited ammo for going full on Battle Mercy.
  • Battle Mercy’s get reported for throwing.
  • Pocket Healing/Damage Boosting was boring at release with Pharah/Mercy, Bastion/Mercy (season 3 after Bastion’s Nerf), or any other combination of Mercy pocketing 1 person. IF I wanted to only Pocket Heal someone I would go back to TF2 an play Medic (which I did for a long time till release of Overwatch) an latch onto Heavy.
  • 60 hps for every teammate that beam hits will NOT save team from focused fire, much less from most single ultimate’s much less an Ult Storm (3 or more Ults thrown at once). It doesn’t promote Ultimate Conservation, so the match/game comes down to who has the most Ultimates to throw on the Point/Payload at the end of the match to win.
  • Valkyrie Damage Boost- CAN help with a push, so long as Teammates utilize it properly. This it is out of Mercy’s hands as to whether the match is won or lost.

Mass Rez, on the other hand, COULD and DID save teammates. It could and did make game changing moments. Both teams, on a really good clutch Rez (not ‘Hide and Rez’), congratulated the Mercy player who pulled it off. An there was never any guarantee that even a successful Rez would win the game, so long as a single enemy teammate had saved 1 ult. I had a 5 man ‘Huge Rez’ after running back from spawn and seeing my teammates dead. A single Tracer turned that into a 6 man wipe with a single Pulse Bomb, an both teams congratulated that player for a game well played. They still lost the game later, but man that was well played.

Going from that, where Mercy could Solo Heal her team and POP Rez if need be, to what we have now. Where Mercy HAS to be a Pocket Damage Booster with occasional Pocket Healer for the same Hero…

Huge Difference in play style that many Mercy Players do not like.

5 Likes

That’s fine. I’m balls deep in Sekiro right now, love them single player. Just trying to get a gauge on what you look for when you play a game. So far it seems to be FPS orientated and with a large focus on healing.

What was it about Medic in TF2 that you really enjoyed?

Few things:

• don’t have to shoot anyone to be credit to team;
  • keeping everyone overhealed, to win by having more health than other team;
  • specific item that allowed me to mirror explosive jumps of patients;
  • ubercharge as ability, that is worth for enemy to die for;

For similar reasons liked to play Engineer. Spy was also interesting, mostly for his instant kill ability/being sneaky.

Didn’t really need much training to pick Mercy, as using healing beam and avoiding enemies was transferred from that game. Mobility is great, but mostly for times I still get caught and have to escape. Which isn’t very often, as in that game being caught usually was punished with immediate death.

1 Like