Why I Have Yet to Not Despise Mercy's Current State

If it is Heal to Resurrect in a not fixed cast rate then the value would be heal to full health which again was shot down due to the ‘time’ it takes to fully heal meaning Mercy would generally heal the DPS more since they are easier to revive… but then you are leaving people to die

200 HP heroes would take 4 seconds to revivew

Tanks like Roadhog would take 12 seconds to revive whilst Reinhardt would take 10 seconds.

Also what about Ultimate value, you don’t gain value from resurrect meaning you don’t gain from doing it, meaning you are giving up value for Valkyrie to bring someone back, chances are once you start the connection cannot break meaning once broken and the original 10 second down time is up, people will auto res since the skill failed.

2 Likes

The most upvotes of a sample size of the overarching OW community does not make you the majority, kid. Good job and all but 1) you really have to boast as much as you do? and 2) how are we sure those upvotes aren’t bloated/skewed in some way? I am absolutely confident it is safe to assume they are, and therefore aren’t a good metric to go by. But keep chugging on, little one.

I mean the likes from op pale in comparison to the amount of views this post has.

And its pretty telling when 2nd place behind this thread is a thread about wanting hacked lucio to play mariachi music (which is pretty rad ngl)

“This thread blew up but it contradicts what I want so it obviously must be rigged”

nawh that’s not really a claim you should make without hard proof.

why not? they made a consistent post that has around a 30 minute read time in just op alone.

I’d be pretty proud too if I were them especially with how active they’ve been on their own threads and others.

I much prefer this gloating to the time when mercy was first reworked and everyone was cheering that the witch was finally dead (spoilers that wasn’t the case at all as moth meta is proof)

Don’t believe they’ve made claims for being in either spectrum of being in the majority or minority.

But yea fun stuff.

choo choo.

11 Likes

I find this funny.

“You’re a minority.”
Provides no evidence to back that statement up.

No comment.

“No, we’re not a minority.”
Provides evidence to back that statement up.

“Stop bragging.”
:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

And why is that?

Is it because you don’t agree with it?

16 Likes

Let’s keep things constructive. Also, I already refuted this argument. :blush: I’m sure you’ve seen it since it was a reply directed at you. :smiley:

𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓜𝓮𝓻𝓬𝔂 𝓘𝓬𝓮 𝓒𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓶 𝓜𝓸𝓿𝓮𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽

:shaved_ice::chocolate_bar:

Spreading positivity and ice cream, one Mercy at a time.
4 Likes

They also said once upon a time ago that implementing a resource meter/charge for Mercy’s Resurrect is too difficult.

Noted to be said when EeveeA was told such during a past stream.

:confused:

3 Likes

“We have made resource charges in the past but on Mercy nope no tooooooo hard”
I mean really though, Torb’s turret earned him a ton of charge in the past for his resources as did picking up everyone’s elses kills for scrap. Mercy’s would be easier because there wouldn’t be anything to pick up.

No reason to disbelieve them, tbh. The coding is not trivial, and its impact in all levels of play (OWL, CP, QP, etc.) is substantial. But they were willing to rework Mercy and see through its impact on all levels of play.

My sense of it all is that we as a community have to be careful about what we wish for – while it is easy to state that I don’t mind Mercy being F-tier, it is in Blizzard’s interest to make Mercy interesting in all levels of play, including the very top end.

Which is why I find the theorycrafting in this thread really interesting, and I consider contributions that focus on impact on tactical play, and subsequent discussions on how it aligns to Mercy as a character to be the most important of all.

4 Likes

I wonder how another blocking support would do in the game, but when they block it creates healing effects instead of how Brig works with damage triggers her healing.

(I have been playing my favourite game more often lately, GW2 and I keep thinking of the classes that are best able to become supports because every character can loosely play whatever they want because you aren’t confined to thr trinity and I feel Blizzard breaking the trinity rules reminds me of GW2 doing the same)

I know this is off topic to Mercy but, I always think variety is important and can help with the pick rate issues and I mean, brainstorming new abilities is fun and new concepts for other supports will be good for the game.

3 Likes

I think introducing more AOE defensive ults with a small window of opportunity and a short duration is good for the game. As of right now, there are only 2: Zen’s Trans and Lucio’s Sound Barrier, and both are excellent.

Mercy’s Mass Res used to be another, until the rework. My preferred tweak prior to Valk for Mass Res would’ve been to shorten the window of opportunity for the Resurrect Ult – no cast time for Res, make the death orbs of fallen team mates last only for a short period of time. One additional counterplay to Resurrect other than killing the enemy Mercy would have been to stagger the deaths of the enemy team.

Now that I think about it, that’s still my preferred fix for Resurrect on E – instead of rendering Mercy immobile during its long cast time, tweak it so that the death orb of the resurrect target does not last long. I prefer the Resurrect cast time to be instantaneous on a death orb of a fallen ally that lasts for 1.75 seconds than the other way around.

Back to the original point of Mercy’s ult, I’m ok with any AOE block, disable/disarm, pacify that is purely defensive, has a small window of opportunity, and has a short duration.

1 Like

I know why your endorsement level is 1, Titanium…

You know? Can you share that secret with us?

1 Like

I want to know why he can still post memes. :angry:

𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓜𝓮𝓻𝓬𝔂 𝓘𝓬𝓮 𝓒𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓶 𝓜𝓸𝓿𝓮𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽

:shaved_ice::chocolate_bar:

Spreading positivity and ice cream, one Mercy at a time.

It’s very short time, meaning that you will resurrect only your current target.

Yeap, if Blizzard wants to buff resurrect on E for balance purposes. It’s the sort of buff that expands the applicability of “rez on E” in light of other recent support buffs. The counter play is to camp on a recently dead enemy for a short period of time (1.75 seconds or maybe slightly more, depending on how Blizzard balances around cast times, the death vs. respawn timer, and the like).

As long as it’s only 1 player, it’s pointless to buff resurrect that way. Especially if they will continue trying to keep Valkyrie underpowered ult.

You know, rather than slandering someone, it would be better if you can actually pick out points and argue back, which is something I have done.

Like I try to stay neutral, which is why despite being a mercy player, I put the over game design and development first which is why I am no bias for or against Mercy

I think that’s the issue though, if they add a resource meter based on her healing it is essentially a second ultimate which is not something they want (partially because they don’t want to admit E rez is pretty much already a second ultimate and always has been). If it’s not based on healing it’ll either promote bad play or she has to pick something up like Torbwhich isn’t viable with her kit.

4 Likes

Honestly at this moment i am stsrting to struggle to see what else they can do now. Buffing valkyrie any more isnt healthy and tweaking res will probs be ineffective so… yeah, honestly not sure what will happen

New rework, apparently. They run out of choices, and they know it.

Curious, if they realize root of the problem, or will replace Valkyrie with different ultimate…just to start whole cycle all over again.

11 Likes