Why I Have Yet to Not Despise Mercy's Current State

If they do decide to abandon the rework, it seems like the best course of action would be a revert, possibly with tweaks. It just worked better than what we have now for Mercy.

6 Likes

Let’s see how well you’ve been paying attention… :wink:

What is that reason?

I think they do. Lol, I wouldn’t be surprised if the Mercy nerfs are purposefully done to make her horrible, and if it was on purpose, it’s probably a prelude to another rework. So in a weird way, I hope Mercy suffers in OWL, that way she can be reworked sooner rather than later.

7 Likes

Okay so looking at this, in theory, this isn’t even a revert to Valk before the standard hp/s nerf. This is just a straight up nerf by 1 second? lol

I am hoping that whatever rework they will settle on (and they will rework her for sure eventually, they can’t keep ignoring the criticism forever) she’ll start out being weak and they can power creep her up to a balanced state from there

You think you do, but you don’t.

As AkiraNasuki mentioned, I forgot to count the passive ult generation.

• 60hps, 1950 ult charge

60hps means 48 ult charge per second
+ 5 passive ult charge per second
= 53uc/s (ult charge per second)
:arrow_right: 1950 ÷ 53 = 36.7924528302s ~ 36.79s

• 50hps, 1950 ult charge (live Mercy)

50hps means 40uc/s
+ 5uc/s
= 45uc/s
:arrow_right: 1950 ÷ 45 = 43.333333333s ~ 43.33s

• 50hps, 1657.5 ult charge (PTR Mercy)

50hps => 40uc/s
+ 5uc/s
= 45uc/s
:arrow_right: 1657.5 ÷ 45 = 36.83333333s ~ 36.83s

Keep in mind that this is represents one of the best scenario, it will most likely not happen in a game, but the comparison is still interesting.

Considering the last iteration of Mercy (live Mercy), this is a net buff as the ultimate takes 6.5s less to charge. However, Mercy is still locked at 50hps during her “normal” mode, which in my opinion is not enough for a “main healer”.

But if we consider her previous iteration (60hps, 1950ult charge), this represents a minuscule nerf for the time to get the ultimate. From that angle, this change affects pretty much nothing.
But Mercy is now only able to heal at a rate of 50hps, while she used to heal 60hps. This is why the last two changes are a net nerf. That’s not debatable.

What is beyond me is how people can be satisfied of these changes that can literally be sumed up by

1. Nerf a hero who didn’t need it
  2. Partially revert the nerf and change something that is meaningless
  3. Profit
11 Likes

If put it simply, bad ultimate stays bad, regardless from how fast it can be charged.

10 Likes

It is not even an ultimate anymore. The only thing that made valk an ult was the ties to rez but since thats gone its just a basic ability that lasts too long to justify it as ultimate.

10 Likes

Valkyria must be eliminated

5 Likes

We have to wait until Ragnarok…

3 Likes

Bit more detailed than mine since I rounded mines to the nearest second, which is 37 seconds.

As I have mentioned before, this change is nothing more than a superficial buff. It was the only thing they can do to make up for the HPS nerf in the previous patch.

They can only touch on either Resurrect or Valkyrie and the changes will be superficial. Blizzard has only worded it in such a way it can mislead people into thinking the changes are massive, when in reality… it isn’t even all that different from before.

5 Likes

They are stuck with this terrible rework and should finally give it up and make a new one.

9 Likes

i have to disagree with you. fissure even says himself in the owl main tank video that his best hero was reinhart

Mercy is still strong despite all the complaints people give… it’s just… you have to play without relying on Resurrect and the ‘Passive’ Playstyle works better when you prioritise your safety above your team mates… and team mates have to play more safely and take less damage.

But yeah… she is in a state like the very early versions of Mercy but without Mass Res to act as a last line of defense.

2 Likes

We know they wont do that, it never happens.

So back when she was f tier but even more f tier.

so she’s X tier?

she’s transcended being bad and became super bad.

noice

8 Likes

If Mercy is X, where does that leave Bastion?

But seriously, Mercy is a C tier hero. And I’m not sure if the only thing keeping her in C is that she’s one of 3 main healers or if its her actual kit. But either way, Mercy is in a much better position than say McCree or Bastion.

REMOVEhttps://i.gifer.com/9qFv.gif

2 Likes

Bastion is a very niche character that is brutally effective in certain situations.

Mercy is just bad, bad in all situations.

4 Likes

Nawh man you skipped Y tier.

And at least a good mcree can still distinguish themselves from the bad ones and get aton of value.

mercy cant exactly say that in her current state from the last year. lol