Why I Have Yet to Not Despise Mercy's Current State

Prevention is best medicine, so I prove my skill by not trying to resurrect in contested areas. Resurrecting under fire and surviving is proof of your teammate’s ability to protect you, or enemy’s inability to hit immobile target.

Pretty much, like honestly if we cant res there is nothing we can do there is no higher form of healing for Mercy

I mean… If she ult gains faster… It will probs be not and res since fastest possible time to achieve Valkyrie is 32 seconds

2 Likes

Rez should, at least, give you ult charge.

1 Like

A bit off topic, but idk about you guys but I feel like the devs are setting the bar for Mercy so low that if they make a change even if it doesnt fix her problem, it would keep a majority happy.

5 Likes

Majority not going to use her anyway, so at this point it’s only small group of really dedicated players. Why use healer, when devs clearly don’t want you to heal?

At this point I dont really know anymore.

Theyre setting the bar so low that Im just gonna go meh with whatever Mercy changes and thats such a disappointing view to even have.

We going to need a lot of patience, hopefully by end of 2019 either they will fix mess they made or Overwatch will be dead once and for all.

It’s funny to think, that if Mercy will remain beginner-level healer, new players will be completely unable to play other healers, since Valkyrie was doing all work.

It makes it more difficult because it is so easy to be punished for pressing an E ability which really should not be the case, but that does not make it more skillful.

There is no choices to be made with it however, if you can rez safely you do. There is no thought or skill to that. You don’t need to choose who to rez or why, it is a simple rez whoever you can safely every 30 seconds. If it isn’t safe don’t do it.
This line of thinking is skill-less and is all they left us with.

The nerfs to E Rez lead you to that direct line of thinking which often results in the only choices being Rez before the team fights begin so that the enemy decides to not push in on the advantage they gained.
Especially now because the nerfed healing results in a team mates death so even if you manage to find a safe looking rez mid-fight, which was rare anyway unless the enemy are tunnel visioning, then you don’t even bother with the rez because you have a more important job to try and do.

E Rez skills are simply you either don’t use it to save one or you use it to save one and the thought process behind this is pretty much safe or not.

Something that is difficult to use does not make it skillful to use, especially if that thing is made needlessly more difficult to use. Having to make an ability that has that many punishments to it’s usage shows that at this stage it is a heavily nerfed ultimate on an E because it can’t be balanced like an actual E ability.

9 Likes

I don’t want to argue anymore. Being ganged up on and told my favourite hero takes no skill makes me feel really bad. Please stop replying to me. We need to agree to disagree because this is getting ridiculous. We can’t convince each other so can we just stop, please?

Actually, I understand why they were so vehemently debating beforehand. It didn’t hit me until now, so I’m grateful they said what they did about their favorite hero. It sounds like in the end, we all want the same thing: fun, impactful, engaging Mercy. Not OP. Not gg ez must pick. Just a fun, skillful character to play in a video game.

Please respect their wishes. Hopefully Mercy will reach a better point sooner rather than later, for people on both sides of the fence (and on it!).

1 Like

I’m more bitter at this point than anything. This whole debacle is worse than the embarrassing three-ring circus I’m dealing with at work — and it ain’t pretty.

2 Likes

If you want an example of that, McCree.
Some of the worst winrates across the board but people think the recent change to his stumble is more than enough to solve his issues.

They’re going to pull the same thing here, so on top of your uphill battle you’ve got a whole new argument to deal with. “But she just got buffed.”

1 Like

Yep. Like we are supposed to rejoice at this indirect revert disguised as a buff. But Mercy is so blah, that you can’t help but accept it in the fact that it helps her. It still doesn’t address our concerns though, and that is something that won’t fade with time. It was a problem and still is a problem, and a year later finds us still here, fighting.

6 Likes

Yeah, it’s kind of pathetic that it’s being passed off as some kind of saving grace change, and people actually fall for it.

6 Likes

They’ve fallen for every single one of McCree’s so I’m not surprised at this point.
I’m more worried about how Blizzard have started using it against all characters, not just the one’s they’re afraid of because they’ve been op in the past.

Oo yes, love this idea. I’ve personally never been a fan of damage boost in the first place as it is more about enabling others rather than taking action yourself so if it were removed all together I honestly wouldn’t complain.

Damage boost also conflicts with Mercy’s lore and is obviously a somewhat problematic part of her kit as it promotes Mercy to be used solely as a pocket healer.

2 Likes

Normally it better to make buff to a character rather than nerf after nerf

Whats worse is the buff literally puts her back to where she was before for her Valk, while her primary healing gets nerfed. Legit there are people acting like this is a blessing where we already have gone through 60hps Valkyrie.

7 Likes

As I have told people they would either buff/tweak res or Valkyrie and any buff made to Valkyrie is in fact superficial

1 Like

I am gonna be a bit of an oddball here but I think they can mess with Mercy all they want AS LONG THEY DON’T EVER TOUCH THE CURRENT STATE OF GUARDIAN ANGEL.

Seriously Blizzard don’t touch that ability ever, is honestly the most fun part of Mercy.

As for the Valkyrie and Rez dilemma, one thing I was suggesting even before the rework happened is that people always hide as Mercy because there is no way to keep yourself alive back in the day. I always suggested to give Mercy a double jump or flight as an “E” ability to fix the issue to have more active Mercy’s on the field without the fear of getting dived.

But then a PopularStreamerwhoIcantmention decided to whine on a game they lost and soon the sheep of the community followed the Shepard. This is what caused the “Mercy is always hiding Blizz nerf her” mentality. BUT HEY said streamer played Mercy once and got destroyed by all the dive so shrugs

Edit: I should also mention that Mercy is currently viable AS LONG AS YOU ARE GETTING VALUE OUT OF YOUR RESURRECT if you dont just change to Moira or Ana lol

1 Like