Why I Have Yet to Not Despise Mercy's Current State

You’d say that. But in general (though maybe this is because of the constant re-balancing), the team that adapts the least, ends up on top.

Ranking system isn’t supporting flexing.
It’s possible to “cheat” system by playing unpopular heroes, as there will be less to compete with.

It’s not only because of constant re-balancing, but because even OWL players, best of the best, can’t play more than 2-3 heroes on maximum level.

2 Likes

It depends on the form of Adaptation… example, if you are exceptionally skilled to the point where a little foreign elements, like Mercy or Brigitte is introduced into a fight that was vastly different from all your previous 100 fights that were all mirror or similar… you should be skilled enough to work your way around it because you are that strong. (Not sure if this make sense lol)

But yeah… If the Pro is a master of their character they should be fine in general.

Even if a new element is introduce to their match like Mercy, they should be able to win (it might be a bit harder than usual) but you should be able do something rather than go, we’ve lost because Mercy res, which seems to be something the Pro’s was complaining about.

But again this depends on players playing for casual fun competitive or serious pushing yourself to the limit competitive to prove yourself

1 Like

An important point is that the system favours individual performance on x hero… which doesn’t make sense when the game should have focus on flexibility.

If you were ranked on Hero and then get a Average Ranking then maybe that would make more sense… but Free For All Competitive, gives me a better sense of satisfaction, because I can see/feel how good I am as an individual.

1 Like

I DON’T blame the healer when I don’t get healing if I’m in a bad position. But that’s just common sense.

Not as common. If people even bother to communicate, I often get some bad words for refusing to fly right into middle of combat to heal that one player ahead of everyone else.

1 Like

Then that is their problem. But that does not give you the right to dictate their movements.

Yeah. I’ll decide who gets the healing noodle and when they get it.

Rarely get complaints from people regarding my Mercy plays. Certainly not in-game. And a few toxic messages via Xbox Live are easily reported and/or deleted.

5 Likes

Playing on PC, not on Xbox…

Which is why these days I point out people’s flaws and then people have no choice but to agree it was their bad since i am covering everyone else and they aren’t dying.

I wish that actually worked instead of making everyone defensive and passive aggressive.

I don’t mean in a angry toxic way but more like a corrective point it out nice way and if the others are calm they tend to join in…

Usually the mistake is diving in alone and out of range or sight so as Mercy or Ana I can’t help them, which I point out rather than flip my s… at them

If they get it, they will hold back and the team regroup and we make a team push or stand, if they don’t… Well we will be man down because I ain’t chasing them and I literally will point out

Sorry I can’t res you, you died in a really bad position and the general reply is I know, don’t bother, don’t die for me

2 Likes

Speaking of pros… On paper it sounds like a good idea to balance the game around these who play it well, but in reality pros hate Mercy, they love dive so much, they would love to keep that meta alive forever xd

As for Mercy, so gg ez to play hero is now less viable pick in Gold! Losing to superior Ana:

Ana: 8.89%
Moth: 6.33%

And funfact from the Weekly stats: these two are really close to each other in Silver rank: having 7.26% and 7.27% (Mercy is higher by 0.01%… so far) xd

4 Likes

So we are back to Mercy being troll pick, except this time it’s everywhere…
It’s equal to erasing hero from existence.

8 Likes

wow, this post is #1 and will probably not be passed by any other post, yet it gets ignored

3 Likes

Also don’t forget that D.Va was a meta defining hero for a while and she completely counters everything in Ana’s kit. On top of that a Mercy pick compliments a D.Va pick pretty well (Mercy can go in with the D.Va and the D.Va provides the Mercy with more mobility + altitude) it’s not surprising at all that Ana was underused for slme time and Mercy a more preferable pick (not to mention Winston also being prominent during this meta, Mercy complimenting him quite well too).

1 Like

Dive was the main issue yeah. If we would have had brig back then and Ana’s buff, as well as Moira… I think that we would have a almost even support Meta now, in which all are not only balanced, but also fun to play.

1 Like

I feel that a lot of players take the strength of Mercy out of context from external aspects of the game, especially the meta game. Mercy might’ve been slightly stronger than the other supports before the recent patch but she wasn’t really that much stronger. It was the meta that was forcing both her and Zen to maintain a must pick status, which was formed by two massive changes to the game: the introduction of Brigitte and the Hanzo rework. With both of these heroes being very strong they forced a slower meta that hard countered the fast paced dive comp and all heroes that fit into that composition. This paved way for slower, more burst damage oriented heroes to claim the spotlight such as Widow and Pharah (the latter less so). Mercy and Zenyatta just happen to synergize extremely well with these characters and with the decrease of their strongest counters it just became an obvious choice to run them on that comp. Blizzard needs to take meta shifts into account when doing balance changes as the heroes don’t exist in a bubble, something they haven’t been all too good at.

2 Likes

Personally I think Moira/Lúcio or Moira/Zen would have been meta during that time had Moira been in the game. Moira would’ve enabled the Winston and D.Va to return to the fight much quicker than Mercy ever has and her survivability would’ve outmatched Mercy’s as well.

1 Like

this time it’s highly acclaimed. And everything just because she caused so much hate by a rework nobody asked for

7 Likes