Why I Have Yet to Not Despise Mercy's Current State

Should be enough here, since it’s not instant teleport to different location.

Here is my story: in TF2 there is medigun named Quick-fix, that mirrors any advanced movement your patient does, including explosive jump. It doesn’t ask if you want to fly with your patient, it can’t be canceled, it does just that - sends you flying, if your patient jumps on explosion. No warning from patient or game either - you just fly in the air, and hope to not fall into dangerous area.

You are the one making the decision to use the ability.

I don’t decide if my patient wants to jump or not, I just heal him.

That is your risk to take.

If you don’t trust your healer enough to let one pull you out of danger, you can always stay far away from them. So it’s now your risk to take, if you expect to be healed during combat.

Anyway, I got used to those unexpected jumps, but it was really frustrating at first.

I want my healer to heal me. I don’t want them to reposition me.

You already take risk here: they may not want to heal you, being busy with friend, or if you were rude.

Then you report them for trolling or whatever it is you use to report that kind of situation.

Same with that ability, just like with any other case of trolling.

You just can’t remove all ways to troll from game, making it poor reason to not add something. So you add it and allow players to report whoever uses it for bad.

A healer is supposed to and expected to heal. The other stuff is just extra.

A healer is also supposed to not troll teammates. They even called “supports”, without naming exact kind of support they provide.

NO ONE is supposed to troll teammates. Not healing is not performing the selected role, no matter the healer. Positioning teammates doesn’t have anything to do with healing.

Using as example “that Genji, screaming for heals from behind enemy team”, positioning teammates becomes necessary to performing selected role.

Obviously, it’s best if teammates understand, that calling for healing in dangerous spot is bad idea…but you can’t educate hundreds and hundreds of players on that.

No. You said “if you don’t trust your healer…” I expect my healer to heal. I trust them to heal if they select the role. Trusting my healer to position me correctly isn’t the same thing. I expect them to fulfill their job description — that’s it. Positioning teammates has literally nothing to do with that.

Also, if I don’t want the ability to be used on me, I have to stay out of range of my healer, who is SUPPOSED to be healing me??

And I, as healer, expect you to be within reach for healing. I have to trust your judgement to not follow you to my death.

Yes. I agree. Has nothing to do with Life Grip.

Yes, it does : both sides have to put a lot more trust in each other, than just healing or not being suicidal. If you believe your position to be good and want to be healed, why should I leave position, that is good for me, and move to heal you?

No. No, they do not. Not at all. And if I choose to not be in range for whatever reason, that decision is MINE. I take that risk. It is not your job to tell me where I should stand.

Then it’s not your job to tell me not to use my ability, to move you close enough for healing. Just like your goal is killing, mine is ensuring your survival.

What??