Why I Have Yet to Not Despise Mercy's Current State

impossible…and yet, I witnessed it occur.

Many times

And I never did. So who should I believe?

5 Likes

You’ve gone over this aready, mega.

2 Likes

They made the effort and spent the money/resources (not a small thing, mind you) to get mass rez out of the game, so I conclude they must have had a convincing set of reasons to do so. The reasons they then presented with the release more or less coincide with what I have described here

There’s a strong argument that absence of mass rez has done much more harm than good.

6 Likes

I think it’s still an issue of Sr. If Mercy got punished with a loss of 100 Sr, that strat would have died

The rez stat shouldnt be prioritized soooooo high with Mercy. Sombra never gaind Sr for hacks off even when she lost because her hack is only one part of her sr value. Same with McCree and stuns etc. But it still is valued high which is why you can still boost your stats with rez
But a mercy who never has so rez or has to rez less is doing well. Why is she being kinda punished because she didn’t boost the rez stat?

If they punished mass rez for hide n rez, it would have died

10 Likes

Thats not the scenario I encountered in any of the many cases I witnessed

It’s my guess, mostly, but I believe main reason was OWL. Since a) Mercy wasn’t very suitable for dive back there, and b) mass resurrect could ruin great moments of DPS, which were followed by camera at that time.

2 Likes

I understand that to be the case for you

In my opinion, I dont think that is the case for most players - a card is better than no card, and thats it

My company is wasting an exorbitant amount of time, resources, money on something that is completely incompatible with how the branch I work in operates for every department in this branch. Excuse me for not believing that you should continue on a path that is ridden with nothing but frustration on all sides because people failed to actually understand the problems! Also, if they are so confident in their decision, send me the numbers. I would be more than happy to analyze them.

4 Likes

I stand by my conclusion, particularly since it is supported by the dev video that explained the problem and the resulting change

I have heard of no arguments that I would call strong in favor of mass rez

And what if Mercy got a lot of healing done even with bigger rezzes?

3 Likes

Judging by results of resulting change, devs clearly didn’t think it through. Almost like had to rush that change, for some reason, which wasn’t related to balance.

9 Likes

It’s one I faced many times. And you know what? I do this in OTHER games too.

3 Likes

I am near certain the only information we will be provided on this matter has already been provided.

Ya think? I doubt they even have numerical evidence anyway.

3 Likes

They did indeed rush the change, and as a result, spent a lot of time afterwards applying mostly nerfs. Forum Mercy mains are fond of pointing out the number.

I look at it a different way - the fact that they rushed it means they had a fairly overwhelming concern with the state of the character at that time

Based on what happened and how it happened, I think they had (have) overwhelming evidence/reasons.

Is some of it numerical?

No idea.

I think it still shows that it wasn’t thought well. I don’t see why tweaks aren’t viable to the devs as opposed to entire reworks. Fix what’s wrong with mass rez, don’t throw it in the trash. Or at least try

8 Likes