Why I Have Yet to Not Despise Mercy's Current State

It’s still hard counterplay on an ult that while frustrating was not OP,
If you’re going to add hard counterplay there is no reason to add the soft counterplay that is he guaranteed dead healer after the ability went off successfully

Lol, I didn’t even see that. Thank-you!

2 Likes

But you can use it without teammates dying??? Did you skip that part?

It shares a place with Angelic Descent, which works although it does result in “accidental” rezzes sometimes.

Cool. The dead don’t get burst heals but the ones alive do. What seems to be the problem?

Nothing much.
I suspect it to be a bit OP since you don’t need the dead to activate Res.

Now that I think of it, if this were implemented, trolls will charge up Res, and just pop it when everyone is literally full HP.
Why do I always think of bad things? Oh wait, programming.

Oh right, not like any other hero in this game can press Q in spawn and do nothing with it right

You act like mercy is the only troll in this game like what dude

I don’t see you saying “omg lucio can troll ult we should make it so he can only use it when his team is about to die” … literally your logic buddy

Well, I forgot about them.
Like I once fatfingered my Death Blossom in spawn.

3 Likes

Does a burst heal on a cast time that could warrant a sizeable portion of that burst heal anwya really make up for the fact that it’s just an afterthought to Rez?

Hm? I don’t really get that to be honest.
Someone deals 100 HP dmg with no Nano.
100HP dmg is 100%, with Nano it’s at 150HP dmg with 150%
150%=100% in that case (So 150HP dmg is 100% output), remove 33% and you only have 66% left. So 1/3 dmg is gone… So 100 HP dmg is left…

Thats how it is if i’m not wrong…

The main point is not only to add more preemptive counterplay to Mass Res, but also to discourage hide&res a lot.
The idea is to shift her Ult to the midfight, into a fight which still has teammates for cover up.
But still, you can use movement and good timing to get the res with less teammates off.

Also, she needs more restrictions with a new E ability (Be it Pacify or something else).

I really don’t see a problem with a cast as long as Mercy’s movement is not stoped

L/R 2?
How about L/R 3? are those covered? On which button is res exactly?

2 Likes

Well now, it doesn’t encourage players to let their team die as there is a much better alternative. People would still use Resurrect though when they believe that they’re team cannot be sustained by 150 burstheals. For example burst heals would be useless again a ZaryaPharah combo.

L3 is now the interact button, or for me the weapon switch button (as the d-pad is horrid to use for fluid gameplay).

There really aren’t any buttons left aside from her reload-key in staff-mode. In theory X can be used for AD too, but then you can’t easily look around which is a must.

1 Like

Well… You can do that with all Ult’s.
Just use Tactical Visor, Earthshatter, Nano Boost, Barrage or in short all Ult’s in the game in spawn… there is no difference really :smile:

Also, that only increases the potential to wast res if miss timed it. A good thing in my opinion, because the old res was so railroaded.

Hmm yeah come to think of it, you are right.
How come I always think about bad scenarios for supports?

Maybe because I got ignored by them in QP? shivers

150? That’s it?
Oh yeah right I’m sold, people are totally going to use re to heal the team as opposed to using it as a res where at least 1 or 2 people are down.

Freaking hell, not disproving my point here, it’s a minor thing that makes tempo a bit more appealling but my point stands if you’re going to add hard counterplay there is no reason to keep the soft and far more frustrating counterplay that is a guranteed dead healer after anything more then a 3 rez

I really love Pacify, because I feel like it could be used so well in so many ways.
Enemy S76 ulting? Slap him with Pacify, you might not be able to save everyone on your team, but it’ll definitely help.
Dragonblade? Use pacify and dull the blade.
Turn justice raining from above from a hurricane to a tropical storm.

It’s hilarious that I can literally use Symm’s ult from spawn and just aim it at the objective.

lol wtf are you even saying

Mercy = Rez, It’s not a bonus perk lmfao

2 Likes

Is a tropical storm not a hurricane?

Like what I did here? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like