Why I Have Yet to Not Despise Mercy's Current State

Is a tropical storm not a hurricane?

Like what I did here? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

It’s what can develop into a hurricane; its wind speeds and barometric pressure aren’t at the levels needed to be considered a hurricane.

ooooh

Yeah, with all the hurricanes that hit the US last year, I got curious about what defines the different levels of hurricanes and looked it up. Otherwise, I wouldn’t know lol.

150 burst heals for all allies within a 15 radius is extremely powerful and in some cases, is better than tempo rezzes.

1 Like

My Rez is on L3, which moves Angelic Descent to ‘X’.

With the addition of Interact, which I had to put on one of my d-pad keys, I can’t think of much space.

The other d-pad keys are Acknowledge (people forget the payload ffs) which is left d-pad, Interact replaced me saying my Ultimate charge (I now have to say it manually) which is up d-pad, and down d-pad which brings out the communication wheel. Right d-pad is to pull out her gun.

L2 is currently to call others for heals because I refuse to do more mistake rezzes. No thank you.

Anyway, that really leaves square (which is unbindable). Binding square to another option that isn’t reload results to being unable to switch heroes.

This would be fixed if we could double bind, but we can’t. Sorry for the long response, I’m just a bit irked that Interact isn’t just holding down reload/button of choice like in Retribution. :roll_eyes:

I guess if Rez goes back to triangle (as an ult), then Pacify would go onto L3.

3 Likes

You know, I typically really hate Mercy forum’s posts by Mercy players, but this one is pretty good. I was a bit skeptical about the new ability, but it seems pretty solid.
Wish Blizzard would look into this.

4 Likes

That’s aria rose she’s the best

3 Likes

Fantastic post Titanium :slight_smile:
I really like the idea for pacify as well! Great job to all involved :smiley:

3 Likes

That’s how you’d do if percentages were multiplicative and the 33% reduction was not only applied to the 100% base but also to the +50% boost from nano. However, it doesn’t work like that as any multipliers modify the base damage only.

For example if you have Nano Boost and Damage Boost at the same time, you don’t get first 150% and then have that multiplied by 1.3 for 195% damage total. Instead it’s just the base of 100% +30% and +50% for a 180% outgoing damage.

Well, Zenyatta’s Discord Orb is a bit different as it applies a 1.3 multiplier to any incoming damage, so if you’re taking 150% from a nano boosted source, it’s going to further multiply the incoming damage.

TL;DR
Outgoing damage boosts stack additively, incoming damage multiplier is going to multiply that.

There actually is a video with examples for this by BTC, have a look:

1 Like

<3 I’m just relaying Titanium’s post, he really deserves his thread to get more attention. The amount of detail in it is insane, and it speaks for a lot of us better than we can actually articulate ourselves.

6 Likes

dayum this thread really convinced me how even more broken the current mercy is. I knew how broken rez on E was but seeing how even her ult is as stupid as her E and it doesnt really “engage” her how the ow team wanted her to. lul

“we wanna make mercy more engaging” ; proceeds to look at the fine details of the ceiling, oh wait something is wrong with the textures of this wall. lemme quickly post a forum about it!

bet they’d fix that wall texture faster than to try and fix mercy lmaooooo

2 Likes

In the next patch mercy’s ult is gonna be close to lucios amp it up think about that one for a second lol

2 Likes

Lithy, I see you. (20 long posts)

I disagree on giving her an E ability. She just needs a revert, she has enough utility with her ultimate and damage boost after a hypotetical revert.

lmao seriously?? they serious there… didnt even think of that. but man i can’t believe they’ll just leave her the way she is… the more i read amazing posts providing us with actual balance, the more i want to play that version of mercy. Slowly starting to hate this current mercy and just want a fun hero with an actual ult that impacts :confused:

if they both heal the same amount of people (valk + amp it up), lucio healed more in 1 minute than mercy did

I’d like to hear the Devs’ response to this thread. Where are you @JeffKaplan, @GeoffGoodman, @AnyOtherDeveloper.

4 Likes

lul you cant ask for a revert with no changes. Titanium added some exceptions to her ult and made it more risky than mercy 1.x like mentioned and giving her that E kind of helps

3 Likes