Why I Have Yet to Not Despise Mercy's Current State

To be fair, they don’t have to camp it - if they spot Mercy flying over their heads, it would take them turning around and firing few times. She clearly has no business to be in your backline, regardless from her intentions. Especially if she uses GA to fly there, as it means possible resurrect opportunity.

1 Like

Hello there!
Dont mind me I am just here to say that I still want changes for Mercy. Because her ultimate and e-rez are super terrible in my opinion. The game could also get other improvements but I dont want to overstrain the indie devs.
Thats it have a nice day bye!

6 Likes

if they camp the body and the body is on a disadvantegeous position for them then you are literally making them move by simply existing, their movement is predictable and tied to a small area if your team isn’t taking advantage of that then the rank where you’re playing isn’t all that high

Look, I’m not saying it’s a perfect strategy but it’s no where impossible to pull off and it’s actually particularly effective

1 Like

Dude, you’re right in the sense that it isn’t impossible, and I actually give you props for looking around so that you are aware of the enemy team – supports especially in low tiers tunnel vision on their own team, in the same way DPS players tunnel vision on the enemy team.

Like what Jayne said further in the video – as support, you are more important. And whether you can resurrect or not isn’t up to you, it’s up to the rest of the team to peel for you.

I just came from a game where I did a pick against an enemy team, and made it two because I killed the enemy Mercy trying to resurrect my first kill. Previous to that in another game, I had to aggressively peel for my Mercy trying to resurrect our McRee against an enemy Tracer and an enemy Doomfist – quick dynamite and coach gun in that situation saved her (she was kind enough to request peels at the start of the game, so I did). Aside: it was quick play, I never DPS in competitive matches.

When I decided to play Mercy on this account, I decided to play ultra-conservatively without ult, and aggressively with ult, and I stopped at 70% win rate in that season I took Mercy seriously, my highest win rate across all my accounts (I didn’t bother trying to rank up more because I didn’t want to learn how to consistently crouch-super-jump).

You’re free to do what you want in your tier, just be prepared to unlearn it the higher you go.

3 Likes

Thought of adjusting resurrect like Tracer’s pulse bomb:

• has radius of 5 m, resurrecting all teammates in range;
  • has maximum resurrect health of 300 hp, if multiple teammates are resurrected;

If you resurrect multiple players, tanks will receive only 300 hp, which has to be healed back to full later on.

Together with making it an ult and making Valkyrie into E ability, of course.

3 Likes

You have a “megathread” to throw all the s***posts you’ve made about the subject. You can see the amount of new-made accounts across the first hundreds of pages. That’s self explanatory. If you want to “call me out” at least know the subject from the source and not only the last month of cleans throat and smiles “feedback”…

That might be a good source ALSO why most people think revert mercy is a terrible idea. In the amount of posts calling trash to devs inside that megathread you might find what you looking for.

EDIT:

Everything I’ve said is pretty much justified, and if you want to quote everything I say like a doctor, you should give a read on those 21k of posts. I did.

Still want more reasons to say anything related to changing Mercy is a bad idea? Not only for the hero but for the community itself?

Me personally? How many have I made 0_o
(Genuinely not sure what point your trying to make here…)

So how do you recognize a new account… Is it by the number of forum posts? Inspired by your example of rigorous research I randomly picked two people with single/double digit posts and they were both diamond (weirdly, maybe they’re decayed gm) with a thousand+ games won. Perhaps the large number of new forum goers were brought out by the jarring change.

Again… what? Before last months feedback? Are you referring to one of the several megathreads of many thousands of posts? 0_o

Most people? Again, source…?

Most threads have posts calling the devs trash. There are even threads devoted to it, not just random posts. These tend to crop up after significant balance updates to every hero…

The sheer volume of posts from customers that blizzard dumped into the trash was pretty remarkeable though.

Your first source is a link to a feedback trash forum. A step above a link to google I guess. Unless you mean the hate post is from Tom?

Your second piece of evidence is a link to nothing?

Assuming that something stuffed up when you tried to put the appropriate link in, are you suggesting that 2 hate posts is reflective of something? To make the sort of broad generalizations your tossing out I would expect some pretty serious surveys+stats…

Just 21k? Did you go back to… 2017 I think was the first one.

We appreciate your feedback, as it will assist us and provide insight on improving your Overwatch experience. - Tom Powers
Funny guy.

I dunno if I’ve seen one yet. Just a whole lot of references to all the people incredibly upset people =\ brings back memories.

2 Likes

The fact every reply you do is a doctor A4 nobody asked for, when I just said the reason of the first post you replied. Like, if you have zero knowledge of what I’m talking about and you’re not that people, don’t try to reply and pay the intelectual.

If you have no ideia what the thread is, what are you really doing here? lol
You’d know if you played at that time, I can assure you that.
Go away of my mentions please.

I have made resurrects from right above the enemy team, but usually that only happens in quickplay or in games where an enemy is really blind, dumb and dysfunctional. Furthermore, I have gone for cheeky resurrects by waiting, it also happens that a lot of time spent waiting for that Rez is usually time spent not supporting your team unless you have another way to reach that corpse while still being with your team but then going to that rez becomes tougher because you have to move out of position.
In a game with players who actually have eyes, i wouldn’t dare make the risks I do, which are far riskier than what you are describing, simply because people who have good game sense wouldn’t let me get away with it, so why risk it?

So I repeat, your game sense on her is bad if you think it is something easily done on a regular basis or something to do frequently, especially when most topics about Mercy are taken from a competitive stand point. How she performs in competitive is what people mainly judge off of and in competitive people are more serious and pay more attention, therefore the risk is even greater and often not worth it because the enemy will more likely notice you because they are in a more serious and focused mind set.

I am a very risky Mercy, if one person is camping a body after they killed them, I will go in and kill them myself and get the rez.
I will sneaky rez, or revive from right in the sky above the enemy. Hell I have done so in the middle of the enemy.
But many of those are rare because I judge the situation and see that the risk of death is far greater than the reward of one person being revived.

If you haven’t realised people in this game HAVE RANGE. They don’t need to set up a camping ground to stop you, they can focus fire you from far away, etc.
And as mentioned, time wasted on a Rez like that on a tank will still have a chance at being a waste because without the key tank, your team is likely already dead by the time you get them up, so you just lost your team and revived a tank into death with you following straight after unless you decide to run in which case it is still a waste because he could have just ran back from spawn and likely made it back if you were focusing on supporting your team. Unless you can revive the tank near immediately so no ground is lost, it is already too late unless you can hold your team up through waiting for the tank to get back.

• Mercy does not have the capability to hold a team together through the amount of damage that now exists in the game to hold a point while the tank gets back. She has nothing that can help her succeed with this. Nothing to increase healing, nothing to negate some damage, nothing lower the enemies damage.

And Rez isn’t necessarily the part that is boring on her kit to me, while it infuriates me that the thought process of resurrect has been dumbed down, it’s Valkyrie that is boring. By design, it makes things easier on an already mechanically easy hero which is boring.

8 Likes

Which is mostly the case. Unless that one person is very skilled and can carry, avoiding risk is better option.

Unlike you, I am more cautious Mercy. I don’t resurrect players, if they don’t have high carry potential, or died as result of their own stupidity - trying to save them will be stupidity of my own. And teammates playing smart mostly die near cover or in other relatively safe resurrect spots, allowing to bring them back without relying on enemy being blind or unable to hit me.

3 Likes

Uh, no. Silver is like Plat – it’s dead average, the skill differentials between players in silver, gold and plat varies greatly from player to player, from “aim gods with no game sense”, to “aim noobs with too much game sense”, and everything in between. I think around 80% to 90% of the playerbase are in this tier range for that very reason.

It’s good to play like a Master-GM Mercy in this tier range, and one way to do it is to resurrect only when one or 2 team mates are peeling for you (something which seldom happens in this tier range, unfortunately).

2 Likes

You know, I’ve noticed that Baptiste’s Immortality Field uses most of the same logic that tactical mulitrez did…

I would highly recommend spending a few hours on him once he goes live.

2 Likes

Hmmm, the skinny on the street is that Baptiste is really good for bunker comps (Orisa and Bastion), and that the counter is probably going to have Sombra and Hammond.

Lol, I’m not really looking forward to all the Bastion games which will result from this.

Someone doesn’t understand the difference between trying to prevent people from dying and actually undoing deaths then…

1 Like

Yeah…

But even without bunker comps, Baptiste is the only healer in the game with independent vertical mobility. Do you have any idea how long some players have been waiting for that?

Someone doesn’t understand the internal logic of multirez used in a tempo rezzing playstyle… a lot of it was seeing the death coming and prepping your positioning for it.

Immortality field is all about seeing death coming and doing something about it.

2 Likes

Lol, you mean how long Mercy players have been asking for some form of independent movement? Yeah, I know what you mean.

I actually wanna play Baptiste the DPS/Support hybrid, what I really want to know is how good the poke battles at chokes is going to be once he comes out.

So is putting up a shield or popping a defensive cooldown in general…but the end results are DRASTICALLY different…

And didn’t have to see anything coming really…could’ve just gotten back to a fight/respawned…or just flatly messed up or failed to actually heal people…the result was the same

But I do I agree you should spend hours on him…character looks fun

Uh, no. Silawatsi has it right in the sense that seeing death happen is a critical skill for Mercy when she resurrects.

I track ults all the time, it’s a useful skill for main tanks and Lucio/Zen. It used to be a useful skill for Mercy when she had multi-rez. Now she pops her ult depending on the flow of the battle.

3 Likes

Didn’t say he/she was wrong…just adding that it wasn’t always the case…they did emphasize ‘all’…