Why I Have Yet to Not Despise Mercy's Current State

Personally, I find it to be counterproductive to deride laugh at the folks who one is attempting to convince of {whatever} - but when one’s predecessor more or less made a living off such actions, i suppose it is only natural to continue that same behavior

I personally find Mercy’s current state to be highly satisfactory, especially after the most recent changes involving two significant buffs; and so do many, many others

When they nerfed her, they just “came to the conclusion that she needed some nerfs”, they didn’t say having 4 insta rez every fight was the least wise idea they had.

It was though ! But they didn’t admit it.

1 Like

Factually, the devs admitted this mistake in the dev notes, clearly and unambiguously.

The most recent set of changes were 2 significant buffs, not a revert

THIS.

3 Likes

:flushed: Titanium… just quoted me. And just said “THIS”.

This is the best day of my life.

3 Likes

Having noted your (plural) agreement with this, I will point out that BigMainLittleChains does this through beam prioritization

Uh, no. Not really.

It’s still chain beams, and it’s still the exact thing Mercy does in her base gameplay except easier and more powerful. Also: the proposed 80hps on the main beam barely brings Mercy up to Ana and Moira’s healing output from their primary weapons, which is pretty low standards for an ult.

1 Like

Well, we have this lovely little section in the OP…

4 Likes

Actually, in this rework, a Mercy player who prioritizes the main beam correctly will get more oomph out of it - ie effectiveness does indeed rise and fall based on the players judgement

McCree isn’t flanking; he has a wall of wall between him and everyone else.

3 Likes

That still doesn’t raise Mercy’s skill ceiling, since beam prioritization is a skill from Mercy’s base kit.

Do you have any ult suggestions that adds an additional skill for Mercy to master? Something she doesn’t use in her base kit?

1 Like

Factually, Mercy in her base kit doesnt have multiple beams to juggle

Factually, Mercy in her base kit heals any target at the same rate

Factually, Mercy’s current ult does not incentivize much juggling, and the version in this rework greatly incentivizes it

Factually, considerable additional value is achieved via this rework for the Mercy player who uses better judgement in the juggling of the beam

1 Like

Yeah I like the idea of a big main beam and little chains, even tho I feel like it could be even BiggerMainLittlerChains
This wouldn’t solve all of it tho imo

The “Invigorate” ability doesn’t seem good to me tho. I don’t think a heal could ever beat a rez, and that would mean you couldn’t use the heal, if you want to get the maximum value.
Also, it would be a 30 seconds cooldown heal, right ? Or could be put it on another cooldown, but on the same key ? This would be kinda cool

1 Like

Ooohh we’re bringing this back? I’m in!

Winston isn’t retreating to his healers after diving the enemy, he’s abandoning the fight

Reinhardt isn’t blocking damage, he’s hiding behind his shield

Widowmaker isn’t playing in her proper range, she’s refusing to touch the point

Mei isn’t denying the enemy space with her wall, she’s putting up a wall between her and the enemy team

3 Likes

no offense intended, but I’d prefer to discuss this set of topics on the rework thread …would you be ok with me copying your post from here and putting it over there?

edit: I see you already did, thanks

1 Like

The Forums:

Me:

4 Likes

Factually, Mercy factually juggles her factual beam around and factually exercises factual beam priority with her beams, factually.

No matter what form they take - whether it’s in her base form, or any ability or ult that involves increasing their strength or changing their properites - Mercy’s beams use the same skillset.

Do you have any suggestions that would expand Mercy’s skillset instead of increasing the emphasis on the tiny one she’s been left with?

1 Like

Wait I’m confused

You got too many likes or liked too many people?

What do you need to ‘‘try again’’ here

1 Like

I just like how slowly it creeps into people

out of curiosity what’s your complaint with Mercy, is it just low skill ceiling?

I would be ok with Mercy keeping her core mechanics in her ults if they were just more powerful. Wouldn’t you ?
I feel like keeping her skill ceilling while seeing the impact you actually make would solve most of the issues I have with Valkyrie now