Why get banned if you DC?

Look I’ve had enough of getting banned for getting kicked out of the game it is so annoying when I am playing on kings row and my power goes out so I want to get back in and play on but I get in OW and I am band for 5 minutes. Yeah I know that is not a lot but I’ve had it where it was 1-5 hours all I am asking is if blizzard would make a feature where you only get band by actually leaving the game AKA pressing the Leav Game button

A ban won’t happen after the rare DC. It requires a lot of leaving games early or other reported offenses.

3 Likes

Devs are too lazy to implement a detection for DC. Smashbros for 3ds had it so i dont see why Blizzard cant look into it

Because then everyone would just unplug their Ethernet cable or turn off their PC.

8 Likes

Pretty much this ^ Nothings perfect and the occasional casualty to DC via power outage or bad internet is deemed acceptable losses. If people didn’t exploit good things, this wouldn’t be necessary.

Just like communisem this wont work.

It’s because you put your team at a massive disadvantage when you DC, even when you return, if at all.
It’s your own responsibility to make sure you have a good and stable connection for team-based online games.

It’s literally impossible to know whether someone DC’d or left intentionally.

What’s stopping me from unplugging my ethernet cable every time im losing a match?
I won’t get banned ever even after ruining hundreds of other people’s gaming experience.
You should have thought this through.

2 Likes

Could you please show us how you would differentiate between the Ethernet cable being unplugged from the router itself and the internet line failing?

Also after some googling even the game you mentioned has a lot of posts about people being banned for Dcing 5-6 times.

Unfortunately all disconnections and game crashes counts as leaving the match and will be penalized appropriately. The game server has no way to discern a legitimate disconnection or game crash from one that is forcefully caused by a dishonest player to bypass leaver penalties. Penalties WILL increase for those who are negligent to correct their technical issues and continue to attempt to play Competitive. You can learn about this policy here:

Remember if you see the message, “Lost Connection to the Server” in the title screen or the message “Failed to Connect to Server” in yellow text in the text chat box, this means there is something that disrupted your connection to the game server and not a problem with the game server itself. There can be a variety of reasons this happens including those that don’t disconnect your computer from the Internet. There is great troubleshooting to start with that can most likely resolve most issues and I encourage you to check them out here:

As always if nothing in that guide works, please post in the technical support forum saying you completed these steps and additional advice can be provided. Good luck!

1 Like

What happens when people just unplug their router, or turn off their PC when they don’t want to play. No consequences?

There’s a reason why the system is in place, blizzard isn’t trying to make our lives hell, they’re trying to make it better by reducing the amount of people leaving games.

It happens to me after every DC

Frequent DCs will increase the penalty for leaving.

If you leave once or twice, then no penalty is levied.

Only when multiple DCs occur will you incur a penalty.

How often do you DC? Is it a daily occurrence?