Why false flagging should be punishable

Yeah, me too, but you won’t get flagged that quickly so it doesn’t matter.

1 Like

I think it’s a minute.

1 Like

Seems like it, I was editing my previous post until I got bored at about the fifty second mark. No-one will never know what terrors I had put in there unless they were quick on the mark.

1 Like

Inb4 this thread turns into a flagging disaster.

Yeah some of the controversial posts are borderline. And nothing borderline should be actionable

cry

[krī]

VERB

1. shed tears, typically as an expression of distress, pain, or sorrow.

“don’t cry—it’ll be all right” ·

[[more]](javascript:void(0):wink:

synonyms:

[weep · [shed tears]

[[more]](javascript:void(0):wink:

1. shout or scream, typically to express fear, pain, or grief.

“the little girl fell down and cried for her mommy”

i didn’t redefine anything. like i said. a dull vocabulary doesn’t make me a perpetuator of some crime.

Yeah, like people could justifiably flag a borderline post because they may interpret a violation of CoC. I think the typical reaction from mods then is to leave the post flagged but not lock/remove it.

It’s certainly not a false flag.

1 Like

If you don’t think using that word to describe people is an insult then you are literally beyond help

I love that you used completely different context with your example to show how it doesn’t have to be an insult. It’s a false equivalence which is a logical fallacy

You use toxic language and attack groups of people. Either accept that you will be flagged or change your language.

I don’t care which

2 Likes

But normally it’s easy for us to agree on that. I just saw 5 posts flagged each with their own argument because one side did it and I assume the other side retaliated. Now we’re going to fall into a complete mess of hidden posts. Hopefully this doesn’t effect lv 3 which I finally got again. But I shouldn’t have to worry about saying hanzo feels UP And Lucio feels OP. Which all supports do feel fine right now. But Lucio is at the top of the league so I can see it happen.

Cry is actually something people use to disparage others and does carry a negative connotation. “Complained” is neutral. Cry has a similar but lesser negative connotation as whine when used to talk about complaints and not the literal act of crying.

2 Likes

Yeah. That seems to be the case with how they handle borderline flags.

oop this can be taken as an insult, guess i should flag it huh? “beyond help” that’s very insulting.

you see? i can take statements and intentionally misinterpret them too.

or i can use my brain and context to see that its not meant to insult.

its inflammatory for sure though.

so watch yourself mr pot.

its not context.

they cried about hanzo. is literally saying they talked about hanzo in fear. there isn’t a different context.

if you actually understood context youd understand the sighting of statistics, the game state and how heros had no real issues actually shows i was using cry in the context of “scream in concern or distress”

or you either aren’t good at looking at the actual context you so proudly push, or want to push it as bad to defend an agenda.

if you read the post, in context the only way i could be using cry is in the way i described it. there is literally no other way it could be construed

Remember that it’s an Overwatch forum. If people are getting mad over the political contents of your posts, you’re probably off topic or literally trolling (i.e. posting deliberately to provoke people).

a negative connotation is no reason to flag something.

i can say “youre a blithering idiot”

or i can say “you are a rather dull individual” they are both still insults when directly pointed at a person.

just like saying “cry” is still saying the complained about

Your opening post is borderline imo. The use of the word cry was a bad choice and comes across as calling everyone whining. I don’t think it crosses the line and should be reported or actioned because it doesn’t target anyone in particular. Blizzard has shown a willingness to let that be in the past. And I’ve seen them unflag posts of a similar nature.

But I can also see where someone might take offense to it and genuinely think it crossed the line.

2 Likes

You can flag if you want. I don’t care.

I’m not mr pot. I agree what I said can be taken as an insult. You’re so desperate to equate my actions to yours its getting a little hard to read

You’re beyond hope

You’re only fooling yourself and it’s hard to read at this point.

You actually think you did nothing wrong and didn’t insult anyone. It’s actually sort of sad.

Anyways I’m done trying to do the impossible. I’m done trying to get you to do any self-reflection.

Also I didn’t flag anything you posted, but you can flag me if you want and be part of the problem you so adamantly fight against.

Bye :smiley:

2 Likes

“Cry” the negative connotation in this instance though is used to disparage those who complained. That’s a fair interpretation.

If it were up to me personally I would restore your post but not ban the people who flagged it.

3 Likes

Sometimes the political discussion is necessary to contextualize opinions about an Overwatch topic. The mods seem to be okay with that.

Sure, and those posts usually don’t get flagged.

Usually, no. This past week though…