Why even release BRIGITTE next week

that makes no sense, if you were correct then we would simply find out she’s a broken must pick at the beginning of season 10, whats a month in quickplay gonna prove? Heck I don’t even play quickplay I only play comp and occasionally arcade, I won’t learn jack about Brigette until shes in comp

4 Likes

Smurfs in comp - OK
New hero in comp at release - clearly gamebreaking

20 Likes

~cough~pugs~cough~

No, seriously. They exist.

2 Likes

as I said, the bulk of comp is not even plat, the cut off for what I would say is is average. Once you drop lower and hit that 50% cut off that is gold you run into a crushing break down of even core FPS fundamentals.
Some sub 2.5k player going “I can’t learn in QP!!”?
It would be like someone getting a new snow board and being unable to make it down the beginner run on the tow line going “Yeah I need to get this into a 22 foot Olympic half pipe to REALLY know how it performs”…

Really? How about you practice grouping up and focus fire with brigitte in QP first. Maybe figure out target priority and moving around cover and decent ULT econ? Ya know stuff you don’t need comp for, at all.

Leaving, again as I said, only those of us who have been 3k+ and does anyone at that SR want 100% new one tricking brigitte players mid season? I’m thinking no…

8 Likes

Oh that’s strange. Wonder why they’re doing that

Okay, if they released her next month than you won’t be able to use her in comp for a month after that release. They’re actually doing something they should have been doing before with other hero releases and delaying how long she can be used in comp so other people can get a chance to practice with her before she’s in comp, but also so that they can see if she needs any balancing tweaks before they add her into comp.

3 Likes

I don’t even know. The game is already moving at a glacial pace with the incredibly slow updates and balance changes. Now we cant play a new hero for two months? Ridiculous.

15 Likes

Your insistence on bringing a new hero into comp without practice and before her impact (& unfound bugs) are known … speaks volumes of your competitive reality.

7 Likes

You can play her before next season. Nobody, ever, said that you couldn’t. Don’t make a mountain out of a molehill. You’re just being silly and over-dramatic.

14 Likes

Exactly is the point of a testing realm to you? In fact why has comp moved along just fine with doomfist and Moira being added? Every update in this game is getting slower and slower and now this? Please lol This support will fall to dive like all the rest.

3 Likes

I don’t think that many people play comp tbh. I don’t like the stall either though and definitely think she should be released to comp quicker. Who knows maybe they’re treating qp as ptr 2.0 and want to balance her before she comes to comp.

I would have much rather they implemented this policy of releasing new content in the following season after Brigitte, so we knew it was coming.

Rather than building hype around a character, and dropping information like that right after like, “btw you can’t play her in comp for a month, we’re trying that now teehee”

:confused:

6 Likes

What really makes me mad, is that the excuse is a load of BS coming from Blizzard. I don’t see them keeping their new Hero Fenix for HOTS, from being played on ranked for a whole month. I don’t see them fly by the pants balancing Starcraft II this way, because people understand exactly what the test maps are for.

This was just some blues pooping the bed bad. After the big hype up, they blew it, and I want them to know it. Really disappointed with the way this was handled. I expect better from blues.

9 Likes

It’s adorable but just wrong if you think you can play anything but the 6 meta heroes without getting reported and the automatic system banning you.

Comp is toxic cancer. Release it to the mode most of the population plays first.

Enjoy your same 6 heroes over there

8 Likes

Because using a new hero in competitive is always a troll pick for 90% of the people somehow, even if you got the grasp of it playing PTR or it just naturally comes to you, god forbid there is an element of surprise in one of the most unbalanced modes of the game.

6 Likes

They can still patch her before putting her into comp (or postpone the putting into comp depending on the problems) and not have a Doomfist like situation where for months players essentially rolled dice to see if their Rocket Punches connected and wether the targets where Rocket Punch did connect got slammed into a wall or mereley slid along it taking no additional damage.

It should not take 2 months to learn these basic things with a character. They did the same thing with Blizzard World, and yet even at gm/masters people barely know how to play it still. I’m fine with a week or two to let the community get adjusted to Brigitte in the game, but a large number of players will not be touching her much until she is available in comp, including myself. Delaying a new hero this long is nothing but disappointing and unnecessary, and I sincerely hope they reconsider.

9 Likes

Players in Diamond and up won’t just pick a hero they aren’t confident with. What your saying only applies to one-tricks and they’ll pick the hero in comp regardless if she’s been out a week or in 6 weeks.

Her time in QP will only make some believers out of her kit and others think she’ll be useless. I prefer the 1 week wait because new heroes usually get serious consideration from everyone on the team because their potential is unknown. Like you said diamond and up doesn’t have any fundamental game play issues.

1 Like

Completely agree with this and Blizzard once again screwed a new hero release up. I mean Season 9 just launched, you can’t honestly tell me Brigitte wasn’t ready for the PTR weeks ahead so she could make the newest season.

Kind of weird.

3 Likes

This is exactly how I feel. I couldn’t have put it better.

For everyone saying its good to practice in QP I don’t think I’ve ever played a full game of QP without at least 3 leavers. Expect that to triple since the only place to play Brigitte will be in QP. Also for get about 6 stacking too unless you want to get beat down by players with WAY higher average SR.

The only way to play her will be PUGs and not everyone knows people who can get them in. This is a disaster and needs to be reconsidered.

9 Likes