Why even release BRIGITTE next week

if you can’t use her in comp for over a month??? What exactly is the point…i swear some of these decisions lately are just speaking volumes.

193 Likes

Heaven forbid we make people practice a new hero for more than a week before they can use them in comp

308 Likes

“Practice” how do you practice in QP when there are 5 DPS on one team, there is no teamwork, no communication, and no coordination?

There are a lot of people that only play competitive and never touch Arcade and QP. The results will be the same if they release it in a day or 5 months.

Also why do competitive players have to wait for 5 months for new character?

160 Likes

That’s not even the reason they are doing it though…Its primarily to keep in in line with the OWL Roster thus why shes not able to be in comp until season 10 Its so darn obvious. And moira didn’t have such a barrier. Nor doomfist.

28 Likes

You can’t even fully learn a hero without playing them in comp first!!

60 Likes

You clued in on things we aren’t?

Owl isn’t even running the current Sombra.

21 Likes

I mean 2 weeks would have been enough. But over a month is kinda overkill. It is what it is but still the reasoning behind it all is OWL like everything else these days.

20 Likes

The issues you’re describing are ones I usually run into in comp, huh.
W e i r d. :thinking:

You practice core mechanics of her kit. You can have the best team play and communication, but if you just charged in without being familiar with her kit…you’d be a burden to your team.

OR you find a group of usual comp friends and group together to play quickplay instead of complaining about something so minuscule on the forums my dude.

25 Likes

Where are you getting a month from? The comp block is only a week.

Because console hasn’t gotten to touch her at all so they don’t want a bunch of trolls insta-locking her in comp with 0 seconds on her and essentially throwing just to play the new hero.

4 Likes

puh-leez. all it will help with is mechanical skill. it won’t help with learning proper team compositions, it wont help with learning ultimate economy, it won’t help learning counterpicking in a team setting. All of that comes with actual comp gamplay. You can’t learn that 5 dps

10 Likes

we console players would like to play her. :smile:

4 Likes

There’s a dev post somewhere saying she won’t be available for competitive until season 10

11 Likes

Pretty sure the point is to not have another Ana or Doomfist situation where the hero they added eventually turns out to be just a broken must pick or a broken mess of bugs.

7 Likes

No, that’s not it. Less than 3% of pc players even have the ptr installed.

3 Likes

Pick your poison here people…
People say QP is too casual and want it taken more serious. Ok well in that case you don’t add a random hero into the game mid-season. Unless the view point is that comp is QP+1 anyways so who cares. If that’s the case, why do most of the other whines about comp mater?

and lets stop with the “you can’t learn a hero in QP!!” stuff… The bulk of comp is gold and lower, they are barely even doing basic FPS level fundamentals at that level of SR, never mind anything that puts them well past what you see in QP.
Then does anyone pushing past 3k really want 100% brand new one trick Brigitte to drop right into the game and or insta-locking her for a few weeks?

The only thing I find strange about this whole issue is to see Blizzard looking to treat comp like it’s NOT just QP+1 and holding back a hero. Shows this strange dichotomy when it comes to stuff that effects comp. As they seem to over look other much more serious issues.

9 Likes

Are you trying to compare QP with comp?? lol You don’t learn ANYTHING in QP because its got that its qp bro attitude. You/d learn more training vs bots these days,

8 Likes

We aren’t going to practice her till she’s in comp. It’s that simple. QP and Arcade are wastelands that we refuse to visit. We’ll just wait. All this does it delay our enjoyment of the new hero for no reason.

26 Likes

So then that’s all the more reason for what I said, only now it includes PC players as well as console players. They don’t want idiots jumping into comp day 1 and ruining everyone’s matches.

Beacause she is ready to be realeased and it gives players chance to practice as her before going into comp

1 Like