Why don't they try max 2 healer max 2 tank role?

If you are looking out for the whole why are you ignoring tank and healers for dps. 132 only helps dps and their queue time problems. It also destabilizes the game.

Like I said I’m willing to try 132, but only if there are huge changes as soon as its implemented. Near invincible tanks and every single dps has their primary sources of damage nerfed.

That would be better for the tanks and the healers. Healers could have fun again, their now 3 dps wouldnt die quite as fast, and your tank should be a super happy killing machine, and dps get to play their dps.

Why is that not good for the game as a whole. If we get 132 dps has to be nerfed and one shots have to go.

You keep accusing me of doing these things that I am clearly not doing. Seriously, I think you are just really intense about this and need to take a chill pill, because you’re just being super aggressive about it all for no reason.

I’m not ‘ignoring tanks and healers’ - their Q times are currently super short, and DPS Q times are super long. Changing it so that there is one more DPS than tanks, the least played role in the game, won’t somehow ‘take away’ from anyone. You are being really, really unreasonable in just so many avenues that I don’t even know how to point them all out to you.

You just are like, way mad about this and I think you need to cool your jets or something and think more objectively.

DPS is the most popular role in the game. It also has the largest number of heroes BY FAR. Naturally there are the most players who want to play those heroes, they’re not all selfish monsters just because they want to play DPS; and yet you are so quick to demonize them and act like just because they don’t want to sit for 15 minutes PER GAME before every match that somehow they’re being unreasonable?

This is a game, a multiplayer game that you NEED a team to play, and no one enjoys waiting 15 minutes PER MATCH. The viewership numbers on twitch for Overwatch have gone from an average of 60-80K down to an average of like 15k, it’s regularly down on the 3rd or 4th row; the game IS suffering. People are regularly making forum posts asking why so many high and low level players are being paired with them, which means the matchmaker is struggling to find an adequate number of players to sort through. We’ve got Masters players being put in with Platinum on the regular now ! so you REALLY think the game isn’t suffering, players wise?

I watch games news for a hobby with my morning coffee and trust me, Overwatch and Blizzard are s.t.r.u.g.g.l.i.n.g - they need better solutions than what 222 has done for us. Who knows, maybe 123 isn’t it, but they gotta keep trying.

edit: I mean they straight up just lost like six popular casters for OWL and one of them said that it was because he just couldn’t find enthusiasm for what the game had become anymore. The game is not doing as good as it was, and to fail to see that is basically to just be OK with letting it drown. IDK about you but that doesn’t seem very objective or nice to Overwatch; I want it to get better. It has the bones to be amazing, truly! it should live up to that potential.

The game is screwed. No way of fixing it now. Blizz done goofed.

I’m sorry if I come off as aggressive.

I want you to go to quickplay classic and play 60 hours with Orisa and not switch NO MATTER WHAT.

Then come back and attempt to have this conversation with me, about how dps queue needs to be shorter because its “killing the game”.

Play Orisa or Rein or sigma for 60 hours in PC and then come back and tell me how you think 132 would (could) be a good idea.

Hell, just play Orisa for a couple hours without switching in qpc, tell me how much fun solo tanking is. How much fun it is to have all the responsibility to protect your team.

I’m upset because it astounds me how completely ignorant people are to the absolute HORROR it used to be.

1 Like

Well then I’m sorry you had such a bad experience with Overwatch before Role Lock, but for me my best times were probably about 2 years after the game launched, I’d say before Doomfist and Brig and Hammond and Moira. The game just played really differently, Mercy felt awesome to play back when she had five man rez; then they started tinkering with her because a few people didn’t like the concept of ‘if you kill her while she’s rezzing, that’s a counter’ and some folks got it in their head that her ultimate ‘had no counter’ and it all snowballed from there.

I’ve played a fair amount of Sigma and Orisa (and hammond, the only tanks I’m awful at are Rein and Roadhog, really) ~ I tended to be a full flex player always playing what I thought would be the best addition to the team for probably about the first two years I played. These days I prefer not to tank if I can help it, just because they feel so slow and I prefer something that goes a little faster or is less in the mix, I’m not a brawler.

Anyway ~ my point is, the game, as a whole, is clearly suffering - by many metrics that I listed. I’m glad that you enjoy 222 and that’s great, and maybe 123 isn’t the be all end all perfect solution, but I’d rather try something new than stick my head in the sand and insist everything is hunky dory when I’ve seen the player base leave in droves like they threatened to do with Brig ever since 222 was included. TBH the fact that Jeff is SO QUICKLY doing something else and popping it onto PTR kind of tells me that they probably have seen from internal metrics that players are just not playing as much.

Being locked into a role for an entire match when you have that voice in your head going ‘man if only I could swap to X we might win this’ is maddening as a player. I don’t think there’s any amount of good that 222 can offer that will outweigh that negative impact that it has. A hero cap is a far more graceful solution ~ there will always be SOME matches that are an automatic whiff, I’ve had enough Torbs doing dances in spawn all match to tell you that much. There’s no perfect solution, but you were insisting that it was the perfect solution, so ~ it ain’t, is all I’m saying. It ain’t.

I’m telling you if there are any more than 2 dps per match, you will lose the tank and healers you’ve got now.

This is bad for tanks and healers, not good, bad. There is no future where having more than 2 dps is good WITHOUT dps getting every single ability nerfed. Blizzard WILL lose long time tank and healer players for good, it will definitely happen. Literally no doubts.

222 was the best thing to happen to this game. If they took it all always because dps players refuse to play tank and supports, refuse to play quickplay classic, then refuse to wait in line to get tanks and healers when tanks and healers have SUFFERED GREATLY AND MANY LOSSES FOR MANY YEARS, then they will know for sure 100$ blizzard doesnt give a damn about them. They will be gone the first day and queue times would be even worst.

You’re free to believe tanks and healers would be super happy to have another char as character that can one shot them on the enemy team and less game changing power for tanks and more for dps. Yeah right.

Role queue wasn’t just for 3-3.

They might as well just revert Role Queue then, which is a change I don’t ever want to see. I don’t ever want to have to be in a position where I have to solo heal ever again. Seeing all the “I need healing!” pings from the 5 other dps players on my team while frantically trying to not die to the other team’s 5 dps still gives me nightmares.

2 Likes

I feel you. Plus all the toxicity from your own team: “HEAL???MOREQUESTIONMARKS” or “You only did xk / x% healing? You so bad LMAO”.

1 Like

You basically want to go back pre role queue with extra limits for Tank and Support but not for DPS? LOL :face_vomiting:

Besides the clear bad part of your idea, you forget about the separated SR’s that are really good for the game IMO. Being able to be assessed better in one role instead of being assessed with all the roles included is what makes it easier to climb and to get better at one role. I hope Blizzard will never listen to ideas like that.

Naive

Nah the problem with role que simply comes from bad balance and lack of tank options. 2 things that can easily be improved.

The misery came from multi dps comps ruining a team oriented game imo

2 Likes

You are a funny person.

That is a funny way of writing tilt and report you for switching off support.

1 Like

No.

I don’t want to end up as a sole healer and trying to keep 5 DPSes alive again.

1 Like

I think Max 3 DPS, Max 2 tank, and Max 3 support would be better. At the very least a 3-2-2 Max amount

Really loving that 3rd one
Also these were the most popular pre role queue comps

So you’ve literally never been in a game where someone goes “Oh man we need a Mei, I’m not good at Mei.” and then you, the healer, go “Oh I can play Mei,” and they say “Great, swap when you die and I’ll go heals.” -? Because I can think of several games where some iteration of that has happened. Is it super common? No, especially not anymore, but I could say for sure it has happened way more than once.

It’s amazing how fun the game can be when you don’t show up assuming that just because you play tank or healer you’re the freakin’ Pope or something by contrast to those disgusting DPS players. You’re all players. You’re all playing the same game. Stop acting like playing one character or another character or one role over another role somehow makes you saintly, you’re just looking foolish.

Except if this was true, then most games before role wouldn’t have been play with 1 tank or fewer.

This is just going back to people stubbornly picking what they want regardless and acting like they arn’t a significant part of why role queue is now a thing.

You not being willing to take responsibility for your share in the need for role queue (because they wouln’t have added it if it wasn’t needed, just like the possible change to 1-3-2 wouldn’t be looked at if it wasn’t) doesn’t mean you arn’t partially responsible.

You just want whats best for you, again.

This looks like a big brain move, but i think we should limit the DPS to 3.
So you are guaranteed to get either 2 tanks or 2 healers for sustain.

Dont like the idea of ending role Q tho…
I like being a bronze DPS and climbing the other roles

Not often, I’ve had a few games where I’ve switched from support because we needed a particular hero, and got reported for it, since I was the only support.

The rosy picture people paint of pre roleQ days never match up to my own experiences.

Mostly it was playing chicken in the spawn room to see if we were going out without any tanks or supports.

Because that was the threat.

I’d 100% be behind a LFG rebuilt to make it good though. Then sure, you can remove roleQ.

A better solution would be to allow 3 DPS players max. And you can mix and match supports and tanks any way.
That keeps players from jumping to DPS the first team fight lost and leaving the team with no header or tanks.
The issue begins again when people insta lock this 3dps slots.
Could be fixed with a DPS role q wait to fill in those 3 slots. And the tanks and supports won’t have to Q up in that wait.
This is coming from a dps main.