Why don't they bring back overwatch 1?

You can do a quick google search ‘OW2 active player count’. The game isn’t dying, it’s monthly players are growing month by month for the most part.

They could…I think about 3 people would buy it.

If you think queue times were long BEFORE in OW1 though…lol. Imagine them reselling it.

I quit playing OW1 because my queue times were 10 minutes, at the QUICKEST. I don’t even want to think how long they would be now that there is a better version of overwatch out.

OW1 would be exactly in the state it is in now (which is called OW2). They were never going to keep updating a game that was making no money. They would’ve just kept the name OW1, and made it f2p with a shop. I don’t know why people think OW2 is a different game, when it is literally just an update. But it would actually probably be worse off, if they hadn’t marketed it as a different game.

and then seeing more people playing GTAV than GTAO is clearly as sign of inconsistency

and how come there is more people playing farming simulator 22 than warframe

that is fan made player active numbers.

even the one microsoft show us is proven fake.

1 Like

OK ok ok. But what exactly is Overwatch 1? What would Overwatch Classic be? Would it be the final patch of Overwatch 1 where the forums were absolutely full of people complaining about the state of the game? Or would it be Overwatch 1 on it’s first patch with it’s horrific balance issues? Would it be the first patch with Competitive? The patch that Ana was added? Your favourite patch? My favourite patch? Tim down the road’s favourite patch?

it’s not like overwatch 2 have a better balancing.

1 Like

My question wasn’t whether OW1 or OW2 has better balancing. My question was if people really expect Blizzard to eventually release some sort of Overwatch Classic, what is Overwatch Classic. The game changed drastically over almost 6 and a half years. I’m asking for what point in that 6 and a half year history would people want to come back?

if we went with classic path i guess back to 2016 then

So release date Overwatch? No Competitive. No Ana or any heroes added thereafter. Only 3 supports who could heal and a 4th support who was pretty much useless. No damage fall off for hitscan. No hero restriction meaning playing against a team of 6 winstons.

Not to mention the crazy balance issues such as Fan the Hammer being able to one-shot Zarya.

like i said if we’re talking about blizzard classic release it would be from 2016 to 2019 step by step updates

also fan the hammer cree is beta exclusive that is outside what classic mean

Fan the Hammer cree was not beta exclusive. On release his Fan the Hammer did 70 damage per bullet for a 420 total.

well you’re right about that then it would be on classic whatever you like it or not

It is the same game now, if they did the PvE they promised then it wouldn’t be, or at least would be a massively updated game rather than a minor overall.

What I’m arguing is what would have happened if they decided in say 2019 that the PvE isn’t happening, lets just make the game F2P and add a shop and battlepass to make money. In other words what if they decided to deliver the OW2 we got years earlier without wasting time on the undeliverable PvE?

I think an argument could be made, quite a good argument, that the game would be in a better place if that was the road they went down. Yes they’d lose out on the marketing of it as a new game and we likely wouldn’t have got all the OW2 changes (though depending on who you ask that might be a good thing).

We would however get all that dev attention that went to PvE we won’t get instead put on new modes, maps and heroes and maybe even better balancing. So much of the early work of OW2 was fixing everything they left unattended for years of OW1 and frankly they’re still not done. What if they just never let it get that bad in the first place?

How do you know it’s fan made? Where is your information sourced from? Can you show the proof?

just use your brain how come warframe is under farm simulator 2022 in term of active player on xbox most played game ?

the files for overwatch 1 are long gone and trying to revert wont save anything

So you are assuming things with no proof then?

OW1 isn’t ever coming back, ever. Trust me on that.
But, atleast we could get 6v6 in arcade, option to enable dps doom in custom lobbies, etc

Well, obviously it would be in a better place if they hadn’t decided to do PvE, lol.

If 6v6 was some magical version of the game then OW1 would’ve been great during those years, it wasn’t. If you need constant new content for a game to be enjoyable then it isn’t all that good, so thanks for proving my point.

You can pretend that people were clamoring to play Overwatch in early 2020 when we were still getting content, or even in 2019, but they weren’t. The game was simply not great during 6v6 beyond the honeymoon phase. You’ve just yet to get over the honeymoon phase I guess. It happens.