Why don't they bring back overwatch 1?

I Totally agree with you

1 Like

Games like Battlefront two and halo infinite are on there too. BF2 is really stale at this point and was just mediocre in the first place. Halo was mostly seen as a disappointing, like ow2.

I think most players are in the top games like Cod, Fortnite and minecraft. When you get down to BF2 and ow its probably just a fraction of the top games

The reason it failed is because they refused to update it, not because of 6v6. 6V6 was good and imo 5v5 isnt as good but it isn’t like a game breaker type thing. Same thing would happen to ow2 if they left it for as long as they did the first game. If the updates and hero changes we are getting is what we are going to keep getting, then id be fine with no updates for months tbh. They fail horribly in that department. and many others

1 Like

Because ow2 would be abandoned and they wouldn’t make any money on their overpriced skins.

1 Like

OW1 was not a game that had a solid foundation. Lootboxes where TERRIBLE for the first few months and then “too good” after the changes, so that they lost so much money that they were not incentivized to produce content. I also think that the fraction of the OW1 playerbase that is left (most people are new to OW2), overestimates the popularity of OW1.

Even if we would live in a world where 6v6 would come back there are just a few things that people would need to accept:

• you would still need to buy skins
  • BP would still exist
  • tank role would be (again) at a terrible stare, much worse than it currently is
  • DPS would lose a TON of the power that they have now
  • OW would get more complex and lose a lot of players due to the slower pace
  • we would still be F2P

So even IF they would do this, the situation would most likely be worse than before. Its also funny how people compare OW (a niche game, I have to say after some thinking) to classic games like battle royal and tactical shooter. OW has its own genre so to speak and no real competitor besides Paladin. OW is a niche game. That its still one of the top 15 PC/Console games in the world its a huge win. Even when they continued OW1, I dont think that we would have the players we have right now. People are coping if they think so.

1 Like

I don’t think it would’ve been difficult to have 6v6 in its own category in arcade. Sure they can’t really implement the newer heroes, but that’d be fine.

The game was in bad shape before updates stopped. No one wanted to tank which made queues long for DPS/Supports, and even playing DPS/Support was mediocre because of how 2 tanks made the game be played imo

I’m not against 6v6 being playable, just against the game being centered around it.

My bet is they’ve already been working on a mobile Overwatch version.

I strongly agree with this, except there will be no loot boxes and all the skins I’ve obtained will be completely irrelevant because this WILL be a seperate game if we know blizz all to well with greed. I agree with a yes and no.

2 Likes

because they will lose more money if they just revert the game.

theyre going to release overwatch classic, WoW classic showed everyone how much money is to be made from it + diablo II remastered.

Totally agree with you they will release ow1 again separated from overwatch 2 and maybe implement some kind of shop like in ow2 so they can get money because it’s “blizzard quality”…

To quote Mister Crabs:

Money.

2 Likes

Yeah they will probably make a shop or something.
The loot boxes, well i don’t know some countries are starting to ban them so maybe only some countries will have access to the loot boxes and others don’t, or, there will be no loot boxes at all.

It’s possible, but, pls don’t blizzard…

Despite the flaws, I prefer OW2.

1 Like

I’d broadly agree but its worth mentioning they had stopped trying at that point.

I do think a question worth asking is what’s better, the current state of the game or the state OW1 would be in right now if OW2 had never happened?

I’m not sure (and obviously we’ll never fully know) but I think we may get some idea next season as that seems to be the first big thing they’ve made after the decision to kill the promise of OW2.

If its a bit meh then it would seem this OW2 is the best we could hope for. It’s not great but they did rework and reset some major issues, the battlepass is just better than OW1’s recycled events, for example.

If the new season and its new content is quite good, e.g. the new mode works well, then we see the devs can actually deliver. In a way that’s damning, as what if they had been working on deliverable projects instead of OW2? If all that failed effort went into building up OW1 we could be in a very different place.

i agree with the video 100%. 6v6, was ultimately better and OW1 as a whole SHOULD come back. even then, theres so many ways they could’ve fixed CC, they just knew it would’ve taken effort so they just didn’t bother. all OW2 is is just a money scheme, a way to just take peoples money out of their wallets for skins you cant even see entirely in-game. everything about OW2 is a downgrade besides the global CC removal, but even then they are ADDING IT BACK!!

like please man i miss mercys old mobility, it felt so smooth to use and not clunky, and she wasn’t even that strong. if they just reduced every CC ability by like 20% it would’ve been fine, and at the very least they could’ve also, you know, DONE THE EVENTS IN OW2 FOR OW1. they just decided to starve the game and its just not good anymore.

3 Likes

D2: Resurrection is actually good though

oh yeah ik im just saying 6v6 isnt the reason it failed.

1 Like

Seriously, OW2 is just a straight down grade from OW1.

7 Likes