Why Don't People Want Bastion Viable? šŸ¤”

Unfortunately, I find thatā€™s not the case in my personal experience. Keep in mind that I normally play soloque quickplay.

Welp, tis the truth.

Itā€™s really not that different. All 3 are heavily reliant on static and defensive positioning and near useless at taking ground and rotating with the team. Contrast that with characters like McCree and Orisa, who are better in defensive settings but are neither useless nor oppressive, because they have just enough mobility and flexibility to keep up.

Which is why the two you listed are being, and have been reworkedā€¦ albeit, Very poorlyā€¦

Bastion currently has decent setup speed. Much, much faster than Torbjorn or old Symmetra at only 1 second.

This makes since, since is supposed to be activating a form we with very high damage, which is not something that should be able to happen in less than that.

If a team insists on running a siege style attack his team can make an opening for him to set up. He can then do his job of holding his new area, and then continue on. He just needs a 1 second opening each time.

A playstyle that prefers(not is exclusive to) defense can work. You make up for on one side what you lack on the other while not being 100% useless on one.

Soā€¦ literally the only way Bastion is viable right now?

If he was viable, it would actually open up more gameplay than just being babysat by Mercy/Rein or Orisa.

1 second is quite long, and considering the fact that he also has to walk into position and go through the animation to exit sentry, thatā€™s an eternity and Bastion needs babysitting for all of it.

This is ideal, and is why I mentioned McCree and Orisa, but atm heā€™s unacceptably close to 100% useless since the enemy could preemptively engage while the team is trying to get into position.

Ok. Given what Bastion players say about the hero: that he should be strong at holding ground, and his thing being high damage low mobility in Sentry mode should stay. What are your ideas to buff him to allow ā€œother strategiesā€ without just making ā€œsit behind Rein and Orisa and Mercy in one place all gameā€ stronger in the process. Because nobody wants to play a game of that but Bastion players.

Ok, Sombra hacks Bastion, then because itā€™s solo queue there is zero followup while Bastion receives 200 HP/s of healing and Sombra gets vaporized for getting close to the death mound. Six seconds later, Bastion is back in place.

Iā€™m not a Bastion player, so Iā€™m not the right person to ask. I just know he isnā€™t good right now.

I also know people want his spread fixed.

Then what do you propose as a fix?

If he has faster transformation times then sentry canā€™t deal that much damage. If sentry canā€™t deal that much damage then the tradeoff of 0 mobility is not worth it.

That just puts him in his current situation of not having enough damage.

how about instant transform from sentry to recon, .1 sec, but transfer from recon to sentry remain the sameā€¦

ANDā€¦ Cannon shot on E while in sentry.

Itā€™s less about making him fit other strategies, and more about him not requiring a certain strategy to even have a chance of working while no longer having a passive that promotes pocketing.

1 Like

Ok, yeah, you arenā€™t countering Bastion, Mercy, Reinhardt and Orisa with 1 hero, it doesnā€™t matter who it is. If the other team is a team, and youā€™re not, you lose.

2 Likes

That would be interesting, not sure he would need it if he got the other buffs which have been discussed but if he is still weak that could be a backup buff.

I need to write this on a billboard.

1 Like

I actually think the current amount of damage would be fine with faster transform times given the effective range. Plenty of other characters have that level of burst, but are less sustained and more mobile.

Just going to leave this here, for those who think Sentry deals ā€œHugeā€ Damage.
Or ā€œMelts anythingā€

-.-

I may have taken some damage while transforming, but to lose out in the RAW Dps battle at that rangeā€¦ AND Giving up mobilityā€¦ Thatā€™s just unacceptable.

And yes, it was deathmatchā€¦ but the end of the clip is a pure 1v1 situation.

I ment he couldnā€™t have his old damage back if he could transform at faster speeds than currently.

And if he doesnā€™t get his old damage back then the loss of mobility is not worth it. Like you said, other heroes have equal burst but more mobility, so why not just use them?

Iā€™m sometimes glad that development team doesnā€™t always listen to the forums. Bastion meta would be the worst thing that ever happened to OW, lol.

1 Like