Why Don't People Want Bastion Viable? šŸ¤”

It does not matter what people say, it matters what is fact.

2 Likes

The game is balanced between attack and defense by nearly always favoring the aggressor to compensate for the positional advantages of the defense, which evens things out since the defense can preemptively engage or counterengage. Balancing a character to be viable while being good at holding ground yet being unable to take ground is dangerous for the overall balance of the game.

There wouldnā€™t be any shift at all. Tanks still have to get on the point and allow the DPS to get into position; theyā€™d just die faster.

It does not matter you say? Ok so what happened to 35% IC?

After all doesnā€™t matter what people sayā€¦

Honestly I cant even remember why they removed headshots in the first place, anyone remembers why?

It stacked damage resistanceā€¦ did it not?
(Or something along those linesā€¦)

The problem was itā€™s interaction with Anaā€™s Ultā€¦ And the fact that Bastion lost Dps to gain it.

His current transformation time makes him decent on attack, but still better suited to deffense.

By choosing Bastion you make a trade of damage in exchange for mobility. A concept that will always and should always be better at defending.

2 Likes

Yes, and the facts there was that 35% was broken for sentry.

F-ING PREACH.

Bastion should NOT EVER Be reworked into some Hanzo reject, hopping around and ā€œDealing ok damageā€

And the fact that he is better on defense than attack is exactly why he hasnā€™t been buffed into viability. Same with Torb and pre rework Sym.

https://orig00.deviantart.net/96a2/f/2015/097/2/3/bloggif_552473d0833d6_by_warnersegamaster-d8ov863.gif

Torbjorn and Symmerta have a unique issue of having automated damage, something Bastion lacks, which is why they are/were hard to buff.

1 Like

Iā€™m starting to get the desire to help write our next OP for when we hit 20k posts on the megathread(I hear that is the cap now days).

Can I do that?

1 Like

20k is the max now? Shame.

You would only be doing us a great service.

ITT:

Bastion mains HighFivinā€™ each other while the rest explains them the real reasons.

TARNATION CONSPIRACIES! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Alright, I will get to work on some ideas one of these days. Iā€™m not writing that on mobile and I want it to be approved by everyone on the current thread.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been finding Bastion to be one of the best answers against enemy comps that run Brigette, and Iā€™m theorize running him with a good Symmetra can open doors to many shenanigans if done right.

In fact, if Symmetra puts down her photon barrier in the right position, Bastion can activate his tank mode and move along the length of the barrier as he fires cannonballs towards the enemy on the other side of it.

I would also run Orisa so she can give Bastion a shield wherever heā€™s positioned, and then run Rein to be Orisaā€™s shield. Get a Lucio for speed boost, and then either Brigette or a main healer of your choice.

Okay. That covers the hero-specific counters. What about team tactics?

Well, heā€™s already the most heavily focused hero out of them ALL.

For or against?

Btw you can ask these in the Bastion megathread if you want more than just Chibi and my opinions.