Why Don't People Want Bastion Viable? 🤔

damage doesn’t mean an elimination. one 1 shot with 250 damage is better than 16 shots and 240 damage. If you don’t get the last hit you didn’t actually finish them. Also neither Widow or Hanzo have spread so you’re lucky to hit all 16 bullets with Bastion.

edit: They also don’t have falloff and since it’s burst and they can move they can corner peak and their models are much smaller.

That is completely false. You’ve forgotten armor healing barriers CC and people shooting back at Bastion. Maybe don’t stand still in the open not fighting back?

Oh also he can’t move so corner peaking does half of what you originally needed your team for.

Because he’s one of the heroes that the devs slip through alpha.

Bastion should never have been made and is a flawed character design in every aspect for a multiplayer team shooter.

1 Like

And you can’t prove this so now what? Where’s the definition of a “flawed character design”? It has to be something official and not something you made up.

1 Like

bastion has consistent damage though

widow accuracy is 50%, hanzo even less so. there is a reason why everyone jumps on bastion before anyone else.

i totally agree. a lot of ppl i know also say the way he’s designed isn’t fit for a game like this.

Where are you getting the accuracy numbers btw? And Bastion’s is much lower due to his spread and rate of fire. He’s encouraged to hold M1 because of his inability to hit things.

1 Like

you remember omnic meta? he got nerfed with the quickness.

Because ironclad has bad interactions with pocketing. That was a mistake. It wasn’t necessarily bad design because the idea is good but once you stack healing it becomes really powerful. I’m talking about 35% ironclad btw. Damage resist gives him extra effective HP without giving him more health that needs healing so healing becomes more efficient so he’s taking less damage and healing more.

1 Like

He takes teamwork to deal with if you do not swap to one of his hard counters. That is the same problem with Brigitte. Players hate dealing with characters where they need to communicate slightly do deal with them.

What’s so bad about Brigitte being viable? Pretty much everything, so there u go.

Thank you! <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

I just wanna thank you for defending Bastion in this thread.

I find it horrific that people actually want characters non viable at ALL with no exceptions.

LOL
You know what I mean!

If it’s boring, people won’t play it…

And if he’s a decent pick on his own, then his team won’t be forced to play that comp simply because he wants to play Bastion. If you had the choice of playing Rein and protecting a Bastion all game, or playing whatever else, and doing stuff on your own (and the Bastion is still fine without you), which would you play?

Friendly PSA:
Viable does not mean meta or must pick, it just means that the hero is a valid option given the right circumstances.

No one wants 35% Ironclad Bastion back, or anything similar… Most Bastion players want Ironclad removed completely in favour of his old Sentry mode. I personally would really like it if they reverted most of the Sentry changes (maybe tone down headshots slightly), and reworked Ironclad to allow Bastion to overheal himself with “Torb armor” (the orange armor that healers can’t heal) with his self-repair instead of giving him a passive damage resistance. That makes him better on his own while also making pocketing him less viable because the healer can’t heal him if he has his extra armor.

I have literally never seen that question asked ever… No one asks themselves how well Bastion plays with a new release because Bastion doesn’t play well at all…

because I couldn’t post this anymore

It happened with Moira, freshly reworked Mercy, and reworked Symmetra (yo-yo Bastion strat), to name a few examples.