Why does Pharah have Ana’s last name?

But according to Chu, Fareeha chose her mom’s last name.

Makes sense. "Hm. I can go by my Mom’s name, the legendary sniper and captain of Overwatch, hero of the egyptian army and the omnic crisis…or I can go by Sam (last name pending), uh. Civil engineer?

Fareeha clearly has an affection for heroes, and wants to be one herself. Are we really, truly shocked she took her mom’s name when given the chance?

3 Likes

At least we could know Sam’s native surname.

3 Likes

Yeah I’m wondering what the point of keeping it such a secret for so long is

1 Like

She was also butthurt about her mom her whole life. It actually makes less sense

1 Like

No, she was butthurt about her mom after the whole uh, faking her death or perhaps its the not letting her into overwatch thing or maybe the “after college i went into the military against my moms wishes and she’s been a bear since”

Fareeha is 31 or 32. She could have gotten a name change anywhere before Ana’s downfall.

Doesn’t mean she’s not proud of her family’s name, bc apparently ana’s folks were also Military.

2 Likes

Right. People can change/choose their names in later life also.

Farah’s dad, Sam, is Canadian. How Canadian surnames look like?

Canadian surnames are similar to American surnames.

I’m going to headcanon that her name was Fareeha MacDonald until it’s proven otherwise hehehe

Have your own cannon Fareeha MacDonald but you cannot argue with official cannon which in this case is Fareeha Amari.

Lol no I’m saying, we don’t know what her last name was before she got it changed to Amari so it’s up for grabs to guess what it was until it’s revealed, if ever

She could have Sam’s surname at first then changed to Amari or be Amari at first then decide to go along with it. There’s no other way than these two.

@Pharahmedic is saying that we dont know Sam’s last name, so they’re using MacDonald as a placeholder/headcanon.

1 Like

Divorce? Or she changed it to honor her mom after she died?