Why does Mercy have a Sound Que when she Rez's

No other hero has an ability that has a sound que that echos through the map, It’s almost like Resurrect is an ultimate.

3 Likes

Every ability has a sound cue orsound cue and accompanying voice line. For instance tracer giggles and you hear woosh noise when she blinks

1 Like

what if i told you Rez was an ultimate

i think they keep the noise so when mercy players use it, it would feel meaningful

2 Likes

Symmetra’s teleporter keeps getting called by other heroes.

It’s like it’s an ultimate? Except it isn’t.

Rez is a powerful ability. Maybe the most powerful one in the game. Maybe even too powerful as an ability. I think it’s fair that players know when a player is resurrected.

2 Likes

True, but you don’t hear Tracers giggles through the map every time she blinks

Sombra screams “I might need this later” when she puts down a translocator… I don’t really see where you’re going with this

3 Likes

The entire enemy team doesn’t hear " I might need the later " unlike resurrect the entire enemy team will hear “Dein Schutzengel ist da!” even if you’re not in the same vicinity has the enemy Mercy.

It’s definitely not mapwide. And even then, it’s probably because it’s important information that has to be telegraphed.

Reaper has “DEATH COMES”

Doomfist groans and his gauntlet makes a huge sound with anything he does.

Reinhardt goes “HAH!” as he charges.

Brigitte goes “UNGH!” as she shield bashes.

And so on.

I get the point you’re trying to make, but it doesn’t really work in the context you provided.

1 Like

Actually, a lot of powerful abilities have this: sleep dart, storm arrow, micro missiles…

So not the best argument I would say.

1 Like

I miss when it said “BANG” every time

2 Likes

“Bang!” Never forget.

1 Like

I thought they’d just reduce the frequency, not get rid of it entirely. I miss it. Especially when mirror matching and hearing us go “BANG” at each other

1 Like

All characters do, but in the heat of the moment (team fights specifically) its harder to differentiate those sounds and to know when they’re coming :slight_smile:

Reaper

“I AM RE-POSITIONING”

just in case you didn’t hear me, let me make a giant red cloud to show you where

I thought it was silly to remove, but that’s just me perhaps. Honestly, I can’t really think of any abilities that are not passives which are completely silent.

Yeah, I thought it was hilarious.

Who cares if you can hear it across the map? It says it right in the killfeed when someone is rezzed. It’s not like you’re being sneaky with it or anything.

I’m having war flashbacks. :weary: That got annoying on day 1 lol

As someone who strives to be the most annoying D.Va as humanly possible… I miss it

1 Like