Why does everyone say orisa

That makes complete sense I just think the idea of bastion is just awful balance for a game like overwatch and making him into a tank would be better for everyone

1 Like

I dunno, for most people the best answer seems to be “Don’t play Orisa” right now.

New Brig was actually really strong, but you could see that in her winrates. New Orisa isn’t strong like that.

I mean, I’m not sure Orisa is unplayably bad like she was but she’s definitely not good. Needs more buffs.

1 Like

Thank you for the info this is exactly what I wanted , for someone to break down why people think that , I have 0 complaints on how she is right now , if she gets a buff awesome , if not it’s cool I’m good with her anyway and thank u for the info brother

Agreed, her damage is the best it’s ever been, but that doesn’t mean anything when she can’t survive long enough to pull off that damage

Cause there is no real reason to pick her after she got nerfed (Don’t get me wrong. Orisa used to be my tank main before her nerfs).
600 health barrier means nothing and gets destroyed easily. Halt has a small radius. Projectile speed is fine tbf. Ult seems fine. But gets destroyed easily.
Still her puppy is cute tho.

All her tanking abilities have been nerfed into the ground.

You said it yourself, you like her because you’re using her as a DPS, but the fact is, she’s a bad tank.

I love it when others play orisa it’s really kind cuz I get my ult faster as tracer

1 Like

I really hate these clickbait titles.

i think people say orisa needs buffs because she doesn’t operate well as a main tank and her strongest synergies (roadhog and sigma) were nerfed pretty hard. she’s just not the right choice unless you’re pirate shipping, which nobody likes to do.

I would have to say she feels ok now with healers “waking up” that tanks need primary support from the main healer. The off healer can watch DPS levels.

I still think her shield is a bit under powered. Winston’s bubble has 700. Her shield is 600. I would like to see 700 for her shield as well.

Other than the shield deficit, I think she is holding ok with good support.

Shields needed to be reduced in importance, Blizzard already said it.

Orisa and sigma was a big problem, they needed a nerf to the barriers.

Shields was a problem for too much years, from the launch of orisa, making too hard for Blizzard to make off tanks on par of shields tanks.

Is normal now shields tanks needed a nerf, i hope the next is rein and they do the changes they talked in the AMA.

But i suppose if this changes worked, they are keeping for ow2 considered the size of the changes.

I really enjoy Orisa, but I wish her orb had a larger pull radius.

Yes. And right now we have no shield meta.

Her shield may as well not exist, and it’s easier to do damage with other tanks, so there’s no reason to ever pick her

Isn’t a problem of meta.

Simple the mechanic of shields is a problem, specially for rein and in very less part winston.

Shields negate total damage damage, but for rein and winston they are even too easy to use shields and big size.

Orisa and sigma needed to be nerfed because they can be directioned nearly everywhere when paired together(even if this need surely more skill of rein or winston.)

So without a rework in the mechanic, all shields must be nerfed before even think to buff the already nerfed tanks like orisa, or the double shields and similar will come back.

Remember Blizzard said they can’t buff the off tanks to be on par of shields tanks.

You think there is a off tank is on par of utility compared to Rein?

Cause it would be rude to call her mechcow9000

1 Like

To me her barrier feels like paper that breaks in two seconds, and you need to wait awhile before you can deploy another paper barrier that breaks in two seconds as well.

1 Like

Yeah, Orisa’s barrier has no use. Unlike with Rein or Sigma, she can’t put her barrier away to recharge it when it’s not in use. Unlike Winston, she has no way to get away from an area when her barrier is about to break. It doesn’t have a use, and it really hurts Orisa because that barrier is her only real way of staying alive.

3 Likes

Ehhhm. Meta is Zarya+hog or ball+hog. Rein is just garbage at high ranks.

Again isn’t a problem of meta.

Is balancing the heroes and off tanks will never be on par of shields tanks with the shields working in this way.

Until Blizzard not find a way to rework/reduce the importance of shields without doing big nerf, shields tanks can’t never be buffed without creating problem again.

If Blizzard buff again orisa and other shields tanks we will have again problems for off tanks.

Shields must be changed in mechanic before we can buff shields tanks again.