Why Does Brigitte Have An Unnatural Waist?

I honestly don’t know but the Junkers so far has been presented as the bad guys, and he wrestled with them and seems to have a 1980s Saturday morning cartoon super villain vibe about him in his skins and highlight intros. But that’s kind of a mouthful lol

Never seen a chick in a corset, have you?

No…

That is not what a corset is. If your corset is so tight you can’t eat, then it’s not the right size or fit. Good corsets are personally fitted to your body by a professional corset-maker, and cost hundreds of dollars. They are not ‘waist trainers that act like LAP bands’. When corsets were part of high fashion, there was no such thing as LAP bands or waist trainers.

That is not what they are.

Love,
A Victorian Goth

2 Likes

Who cares? It’s just a game

Is this going to be a “thing”? I saw the first thread about this and I wouldn’t be surprised if someone posted it on Twitter to rally the troops.

They broke Mei’s back like 6 times already.

1 Like

They are also used as waist trainers though. A waist trainer and a corset are two different things, but some people get a corset anyway. Probably a common mistake.

Yup, confirmed. There are waist trainers, Corsets/Waist Trainer Corsets, and Spanxs.

1 Like

They are now, but that wasn’t their original intended purpose. Organ displacement due to corsets in the past was almost always a result of lacing them too tightly, for the same reasons that women nowadays feel the need to wear a waist trainer. Body image has always been an issue. The original use for corsets was to uphold the silhouette of the clothing that was fashionable at the time.

An aside, there is a wonderful corset-maker in Salem, Massachusetts. Their corsets are hand-sewn, tailored to each individual, and come in a great variety of materials, fabrics, colors, and designs. The cost is hefty, but 350 dollars for a custom-fitted whalebone full corset is worth it. My sister prefers underbust corsets, which run slightly cheaper, hers was ‘only’ 245. This shop also caters to all customers of all sizes, and make some amazing corsets for women with fuller figures. I’m not going to drop their name here because I don’t want to be seen as advertising their establishment, but they’re pretty awesome people.

Also for anyone cringing at the price, that 350 dollar corset will last 30 years.

Corsets have a wonderful history. Having seen videos over them, it still freaks me out that your organs move, but it makes fashion and cosplay cool.
Don’t know about the one in Massachusetts. Maybe they’ve been in a video or two that I’ve seen…

Well you can move your organs yourself with enough pressure, haha, but the human body is amazingly resilient. And nothing is permanent unless the corset is overworn or routinely laced too tightly. There’s a fine line.

I’ve never had a problem eating or breathing while wearing mine though, is what I’m saying :stuck_out_tongue:

Sitting down requires a different position than you would normally, but it becomes kind of second-nature to sit that way when you’re wearing it.

A lot of people buy cheap corsets off Amazon or whatever, and those are good for quick photoshoots and like, instagram modeling or whatever, but they definitely shouldn’t be worn for very long.

1 Like

Heh. Yeah widowmaker and Mercy aren’t exactly proportional to what they should be as well. I am concerned about both too. :frowning:

Why does Roadhog have boobs?

I know, but I don’t know why they did it beyond it just being an art style.

This isn’t the first time they messed up Mei. Mei’s body in her Pajamei outfit just looks strange.

Were they afraid of making Mei too curvy? That would seem silly considering you can’t avoid curvyness when creating relatively plus sized characters.

1 Like

Fat men have boobs IRL too.

Most people call them Moobs.

Neither of them have a waist like hers tho. Its simply awful on some skins… how do you even fit organs in there? lol

i never thought her waist was to skinny it looks perfect to me its an ideal waist size

Like I said, they can take liberties with the character designs since the style is cartoony.

TBF, the “how do they fit organs” argument never makes sense in cartoons and anime because the artists don’t have to worry about organ placement. Really, I could draw the most ill proportioned woman in all of media, then draw a diagram showing that her organs fit perfectly fine inside of her.

I could, but I don’t have to. In my story, most of my monsters don’t even have organs. Its a cartoon; she doesn’t need them.

It’s always been this way, we just usually see her with armor on. it lines up with the mechanic skins.

It bothered me at first but then I remembered if someone looked like Tracer in the real world, they would be abducted by the government to find out what planet they came from.

I know. I love OW’s art style don’t get me wrong. It’s just that Brig is the only one that feels off to me. I always use the armor that hides her waist more cause its weird. Its not the same as in the animated shorts at all.

r/whooooooooooooooosh . Right over your head