Why do you continue playing?

I’m waiting for ONE fair game from the matchmaker. As soon as I get that I’m done.

4 Likes

I checked what is new in the new season, played the new mode few times, looked around, realized there is nothing else and logged off.

1 Like

Because it’s the only competitive game that I actually kind of understand. There’s no bs item shop that makes you stop playing the game mid game. The aiming in ow is vastly different than other shooters, which I’m not used to any more because I chose to play ow over other shooters for years. Despite the terrible balance choices, the game is actually pretty balanced compared to other PvP games. Just playing the game is still fun, as apposed to forced ultra sweating in unranked.

It’s a shame because the game is most fun when you play it any way other than the direction the Devs are taking the game.

Nope. You don’t have to pay to win. 0% now.

I’m playing less and less. I didn’t play at all for 12 days then jumped back in on Friday. Decided that I can no longer play tank, which is the role I’ve always played, and started playing DPS. Now I think I’ll stick with it a bit to see how DPS pans out. It seems way more fun than tank, although Venture is not fun to play against.

I’ve also been playing other things - Sim racing, Horizon Forbidden West (PC) and a few others. But single player games get boring fast as they are generally repetitive so I end up coming back to OW if I don’t play it for a couple of weeks.

Hard to give up I guess. Will never spend any money in OW though until they make tanking fun.

I don’t, I just like watching trainwrecks.

If they introduce map select, returned removed content, put effort into skins, I’d come back.

Honestly because the game stills fun and provides unique gameplays.

I always liked play FPS games, but in other games like CS, COD every match is the same thing. U take a rifle/sniper and do your best to have a good score, after few months that start to become boring.

In OW there is much more gameplay alternatives, u can use Soldier/Soj/Widow if u want a classic FPS experience, but after that u have unique heroes that provide unique experiences. U can play more skilled heroes like Genji/Tracer, if we do not have a good day we can play more easy heroes like Mei/Toj or even Support with Mercy/Moira.
Personally I’m a kind of a player who sticks for one hero for a given time, for eg, this week i’m like an Hanzo main, next week i’ll may be a Genji main.

But honestly I’m not also liking some directions that the game is evolving, I tried Valorant for the first time this season but is not so fun. I only do not change because there is no other game like OW2 which is really fun.

1 Like

Because even after everything that happened and regardless of what anyone might say , Overwatch is still the best pvp game in the world . And its not even close …

1 Like

tracer :heart:
fluid gameplay
polished (bugs and feel compared to other games)
no crosshair sway and movement acceleration like pretty much any other fps
kinda team based
gamesense and positioning matters
art style is 10/10

theres simply nothing better honestly
most importantly, not another generic military war simulator with #Murica vs #theBad

did I mention Tracer already? Alone for her gameplay its worth it.

3 Likes

CS/valorant lack interactions.
Not much into Apex, do not like BR.
I hate clicking fest of MOBAs.

OW give me what i want.

I am not looking forward any pve as i do not search for this, if i want pve i already have many great solo titles or Destiny 2.

1 Like

I just find the game enjoyable to play, and it’s one of the main ways I get to spend time with my friends.

2 Likes

I did a very long break where I tried new and old games that wasn’t OW, and feeling happier and content apparently wasn’t working out with the masochist I evidently am on the inside.

I don’t know anymore sometimes.

I just really love the characters even the new ones, I just don’t know why I can’t let go, I wish I could but at the s name time, I don’t want to. It is all a choice and I am aware of such.

It can be fun.
Like once in every 2-3 months and only when I’m severely drunk.

1 Like

First and foremost: Reaper rework.

If the Reaper rework is good, I will continue to play until the Reaper mythic comes out. After that, I will spend my OW days in custom lobbies flexing my skin (until I get bored of that/my friends stop playing/the game dies).

Of course that’s if, and only if, the Reaper rework is by some miracle good.

• Nice colorful bright graphics
  • No acceleration movement
  • Good fast, responsive aim
  • Great graphics engine 4k @ 120 FPS
  • Hard to master, fast pace
  • Good ping in EU
  • No input lag is felt
  • Different weapons/heroes
  • Not too complicated with some meta mechanics over the basic shooting (no in-game shop, no weapon search on the map)
  • Cosmetics
1 Like

I have hope OW1 will return someday. And I wanna be here when it happens.

2 Likes

OW1 went to buy cigarettes

2 Likes

Longhorn Cassidy is the only reason I play at this point and it’s for the weapon skin not the actual skin
:smiling_face_with_tear:

There’s no other game I’ve found that scratches the Overwatch itch.
I can dislike every change they make, but until they really break the gameplay feel for me I’ll probably continue playing at least sporadically.

1 Like