Why do you continue playing?

I’m not here to diss the game or say that it’s dead, I’m just genuinely curious.

For those of you who are still playing this game, why are you here when:

• The original dev team that made the game good is largely gone
  • OW2 is more play to win than it originally was
  • Battle pass (Self explanatory)
  • PVE story mode has been shelved permanently.
  • Majority of balance changes are dumb.
  • Majority of hero reworks are dumb.
  • While new characters are introduced, their background is largely vague as due to no story mode there isn’t a clear direction of where OW as a STORY is going.

I could go on but I think you get my point.

8 Likes

fun :slight_smile:
(20 characters)

8 Likes

Something to do when I am bored… With the new leaver penalty and the extremely terrible match making… there is no reason to push hard in the game.

I just play to mess around and see if I can take the other team out and do it in style.

1 Like

We are here to suffer!

6 Likes

Stopped playing support after hundreds of hours and found myself enjoying DPS. I really enjoy playing Junkrat in particular even though he’s weak right now. I try watching good Junkrat players through Youtube to learn how to improve on my positioning (no, I’m not the best player ever-I’m playing and enjoying a low skill hero but quickly go Echo when the enemy switches to the evil Pharah lol).

Remnants of their ideas and work remain and the artstyle persists.

It was barely pay 2 win… and they’ve removed that.

I am not a fan, but I also do not have to participate. AND it’s latest incarnation is decent.

Not super pleased, but also I did not “buy in” for the PVE so there’s that. I didn’t buy anything on the premise there would be PVE to use it in.

I don’t feel the majority are dumb. I don’t like some of them, but they’re not necessarily dumb.

As long as there’s some heroes I enjoy playing , I can get around this.

I am not pleased that the lore lacks, that was a big part of why I wanted PVE, but I am mostly here for the gameplay.

If all those things were why you were playing, I’d understand if you stopped.

I play because I enjoy the gameplay and artstyle. When they change those beyond what I like, I’ll stop. I already play a heck of a lot less than I used to.

2 Likes

Just checking on the status of the game:

3 Likes

idk bout you but i been having fun so

2 Likes

I have played this game since beta and I still have many memories of back then, even now this game is still very unique. In what other games can I sleep dart someone and have someone bash said victim with a giant hammer? Every character has their own way of being fun and even despite some reworks I enjoy playing all of the characters (except zenyata, I think watching paint dry is more intense then playing him). Overall despite how bad things can get the game still is there, if I can describe the game with one word it would be unique, everyone that plays the game is different so theres always a different story every match.

HOWEVER the only thing that actually annoys me is how moronic the dev team is, “we’ve been listening to your feedback” is equivalent to an EA employee telling you they’ll owe you your $5 back". It’s obvious they rarely play the game, they break their own rules yet enforce them and always cave in to the worst changes that just annoy everyone. And a part of me is glad the PVE is dead because with the state of current writing it would have just been awful, nearly every new character has just been “X character is known by Y character and now they are in the game”, most of them are nobodies that are known by someone in the main cast, Venture is probably the worst one by far because they are literally a nobody that is totally random. Mauga and Ram are 100% piggy back rode off the previous writers who were actually good at making characters.

1 Like

It’s all being erased fast, tracer is not tracer when her aim requirement has gone down so much.

All the identity and playstyle of og iconic heroes are being messed with.

Everything is moving towards we are all soldiers or we are all baby’ first learning Circle sombra

Tanks have lost a ton of depth

It’s irritating to watch this.

I’m kinda stressing myself and being masochistic staying with the game.

4 Likes

I have fun playing the game with friends. I am disappointed that Pve was scrapped, as I was looking forward to it. But I still enjoy the pvp aspect of the game, so I play. Everyone has their own opinions on balance, and atm I think it is pretty darn good. A few weaker heroes, but none I think are OP and a must pick, and good variety depending on preference, maps, and team comps.

1 Like

Literally cuz my friend likes it for some reason.

and addiction, the copium huffing hope that the game might get better some day (it wont)

actually a lot of reasons

1. i am familiar with overwatch after playing so long (am i a pro player…hell nah, i dont have the drive or want to be that… plus im an old guy)

2. i love the aesthetic of overwatch. lots of hot females and the game is so fluid and responsive. AND… widowmaker…yea my faovrite hero

3. i kind of like the lore even tho it follows a trope. the AI future story

4. lots of hot females and fan art of course. ill be honest it what made me love the game. i like passionate artists no matter their taste… even if vulgar

1 Like

I never “stayed” with the game though. Maybe that’s why. I play like 5-6 things regularly… OW is no longer one of them. I just occasionally play still.

I probably play Remnant 2 more than I play OW.

1 Like

I did kind of during Christmas time and went to destiny and doom eternal and a lot of indie movement shooters.

It’s just overwatch has that niche hero shooter PvP that nothing else is there to fill properly.

But i should work something out to not get invested in to ow again.

I played first remnant it’s pretty good the gun feel is really nice

1 Like

While I taken breaks from time to time and have uninstall moments, I still come back because of

• Workshop community supporting each other
  • Growing fanbase of supporters for my workshop (Discord)
  • Doomfist and Reinhardt being fun

They are honestly gems everyone of them I have interacted with have been very helpful and absolutely obsessed with the game.

If blizzard finds it in their heart to support them with more proper tools and accessories like valve with proper modding, they will blow anything away in the modding scene of games.

These people literally created their own scripting language to make it more programmer friendly to use the workshop stuff and do it fast.

Some of the stuff they do is amazing

If blizzard just gives a map editor and ted editor tool these people will even make proper pve with story cutscenes.

Oh btw😂 i just noticed are you the real dragon engineer ?
Damn just noticed now I’m embarassed telling you about workshop community :see_no_evil:

Love your training facilities :hugs:

1 Like

I still find heroes like Echo and Sym a lot of fun.

2 Likes

For the moment, it is still doing a slightly better job of the casual team-based character shooter than TF2. More often than not I still have a reasonably entertaining time - and while I still enjoy TF2, the frequent abuse of the votekick system by players has shifted it to more of a Halloween and Christmas thing.

The last two seasons of OW - to say nothing of the lies and monetization - have been a bit trying, so the margin between the two has been thinning. Both have nice visual styles and fun characters, both have a pretty good level of simple enough to be accessible but complex enough to be interesting.

TF2 has a much less predatorily dysfunctional monetization scheme, which is a plus. And a far greater variety of maps, also a plus. But it also has that votekick problem and while cheating is better than it was a few years back, it’s still common enough that the votekick feature kind of has to be there even if unscrupulous players will use it for mischief. As an old F2P title, it also suffers from there being a meme-y player subculture that explictly shows up in games to performatively not play the game they have explicitly launched and joined, which really tries my patience.

Overwatch has a bunch of I guess you’d say improved quality of life game features and modern updates because it is a far more recent game. Bellular News often describes it as a good game but a bad product, and I think that is a fair take. There is a lot of wasted potential, but the underlying game, character designs and setting are basically fine.

Cause after 1000s of hours im intitutionalized, pining for what once was.

Hoping someday they will fully utilize OW,s potential

1 Like