Why do these kinds of posts never get any traction!?

Please do not answer the question the title asks, instead give me your opinions on the “patch” I have written.

Tanks

D.Va
.Defense Matrix range increase to 15 meters
.Defense Matrix cooldown reduced to 1 second
.Micro-Missiles damage increased to 6 per direct hit

Orisa
.Protective Barrier cooldown reduced by 1 second (now 9 seconds)
.Protective Barrier health increased to 900
.Fortify damage reduction increased to 50%
Reinhardt
.Barrier Field health increased to 2000
.Barrier Field movement speed reduction increased to 40%
.Steadfast knockback reduction reduced to 40%
.Rocket Hammer damage increased to 80 per swing

Roadhog
.Scrap Gun ammo lowered to 5 down from 6
.Scrap Pellet damage increased to 2-7 per pellet (50-175 damage per shot)
.Chain hook cooldown lowered to 7 seconds

Sigma
.Hypersheres damage increased to 60 per direct hit (total 120)
.Experimental Barrier health increased to 1500
.Experimental Barrier regeneration increased to 170 per second
.Kinetic Grasp shield conversion lowered to 40% of damage absorbed
.Gravitic Flux midair movement speed increased by 10%
.Gravitic Flux can no longer be interupted
.Gravitic Flux radius reduced by 1 meter (now 6 meters)

Winston
.Base armor increased by 100 (now 200)
.Tesla Cannon damage increased to 70 damage per second
.Jump Pack cooldown lowered by 1 second (now 5)
.Barrier Projector cooldown reduced by 2 seconds
.Barrier Projector health increased to 800
.Primal Rage health increase lowered to 400 (800 health + 200 armor)

Wrecking Ball
.Quad-Cannons spread angle lowered to 1.5
.Grapple Claw now snaps if used around walls or obstacles (not including heroes or barriers) more than 3 times

Zarya
.Particle Cannon max damage increased to 190
.Particle Cannon now increases in diameter depending on charge
.Graviton Surge radius increased to 8 meters
.Graviton Surge can be escaped by abilities that give a burst of speed, but not those that are sustained. Jump Pack and Blink can escape but D.Va Boosters and Rein Charge cannot. Sombra cannot translocate out of it either.

Supports

Ana
.Biotic Rifle damage reduced to 60
.Biotic Rifle 75 healing now happens 0.2 seconds faster (75 healing over 0.4 seconds)
.Nano Boost healing increased to 300

Baptiste
.Biotic Launcher healing increased to 60 per shot
.Immortality Field health decreased to 150
.Immortality Field cooldown decreased to 18 seconds
.Immortality Field radius lowered by 1.5 meters (now 5 meters)

Brigitte
.Repair Pack healing now instant
.Repair Pack healing increased to 130
.Repair Pack ammo lowered to 2
.Repair Pack armor benefit increased to 60
.Barrier Shield health increased to 500
.Shield Bash stun duration lowered to 0.5 seconds

Lucio
.Crossfade speed boost increased to 30%
.Amp it Up speed boost increased to 70%

Mercy
.Caduceus Staff healing increased to 60 per second
.Caduceus Staff damage increased increased to 35%
.Guardian Angel cooldown increased to 4 seconds

.Moira
.Biotic Grasp healing increased to 75 per second
.Fade duration decreased by 0.2 seconds (now 0.6)

Zenyatta
.Orbs or Destruction damage reduced to 46 per shot (down from 48)
.Discord Orb debuff increased to 30% (up from 25%)

1 Like

Lmao is this literally just a revert on tanks and supports

3 Likes

The more heroes there are in the game, the fewer changes can be included in a patch. I know, it’s counterintuitive.

Because that’s far beyond my point five second attention span? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Is that easier to read?

So you want to repowercreep and outright buff every Tank and Support in game?

Why don’t we just nerf Rein and Ana a bit instead?

4 Likes

Because Tanks and Supports were FUN when they were OP, and if DPS players want shorter queues they need Tanks and Supports to be more fun so more people play them. Why nerf the most balanced heroes in those categories with so few options already?

You made a good job formatting your post too.

1 Like

Thank you. Sorry for making the format bad in the first place.

1 Like

It doesn’t work like that, as DPS characters got picked even during 18 months of Goats being free SR. I’ve said dozens of times the hardest part of climbing with Goats was convincing 5 strangers not to pick a DPS.

If Rein and Ana are the clear overperformers, then they obviously can not be the most balanced.

Power creep is real, and it doesn’t improve OW. Luckily the devs realized this and reigned in barriers and healing a bit, hopefully they tone down burst damage a bit next.

I’ll delete my post, it’s too long and disturbing yours now.

I’d rather have stronger tanks and supports because burst damage is fun. The faster and more chaotic everything is, the better. In my opinion, at least. There might be Widowmakers or Mercies that disagree with me.

1 Like

No to none of those reverts to Zarya. Grav has to disable all movement abilities, period. It’s already stupid that halt is on part with grav.

This “patch” eliminates that powercreep because EVERY Tank and Support is getting buffed. Yes it needs tweaking if it would go live but it WOULD make those roles feel more impactful. Not that there wouldn’t be powercreep but it would be more even.

You clearly don’t understand what powercreep as a concept means if you genuinely think buffing 2 entire roles eliminates powercreep. I can’t even wrap my head around it…

Also tank and support are already incredibly impactful. There is generally no one in a match that has more of a say on whether you win or lose then your main tank and support.

Sure, DPS get PotG and cards, and can occasionally win a fight, but tanks and supports do the consistent, and unfortunately often unnoticed, work that wins or loses games.

1 Like

Yes tank and support are impactful roles, but they don’t feel that way. Because DPS get the cards and their ults end up in the kill feed more compared to the other roles it doesn’t feel that way. They don’t have the same WOW factor and this is to make it FEEL better and noticed. Yes there would have to be tweaks and changes to DPS heroes should this go further into development. But I’m to lazy to think that deep about this.

1 Like

This is… actually not terrible logic to go by.

Hard disagree.

Most of this is just reverts to where tanks and supports were at when DPS were practically unplayable, plus some significant buffs thrown in for good measure. We saw this road already. Just because something feels unimpactful to you, doesn’t justify power creeping 2 classes into unbalanced juggernauts.

…so you buff up tanks hp pools and damage mitigation considerably, then buff healers ability to keep them alive even longer, so now DPS need huge burst damage buffs to ensure anything dies.

Congrats, we’re right back where we started except worse off. Everyone is rocking Orisa-Sigma double barrier because peeking without a barrier is instant death.

Again, how bout we just nerf Rein’s steadfast and movement penalty a bit so he’s no the only viable main tank, and reduce Nano healing to 200 or something? Seems easier, and far less detrimental to the game.

1 Like

Thank you. (20 characters)

Untrue. There is balanced as in desirable level of power (fun to play and play against) and there is balance relative to other heroes.

If the other heroes feel and perform like garbage and their mains quit tanking after a series of nerfs, then they may have been overnerfed. In such a scenario the tanks that were untouched may perform better than the other ones, but not because they are imbalanced.

1 Like