Why do tanks have 10 billion hp and armor?

20 characters 20 characters

3 Likes

They don’t.

(20 char)

8 Likes

Because that’s what happens when you try to fit 5v5 heroes that were designed for 6v6 teams.

Instead of giving up the devs decided to buff two tanks into one gigaTank to fit into 5v5.

17 Likes

To sit back and hold corner and wondering why they still lose the game.

That’s my experience so far, I keep getting tank players like Zarya expecting something to magically open if they hold our defense lane… on attack. Really insane.

1 Like

They’re still more killable than a coordinated tank duo from OW1.

2 Likes

Because there is 1 tank and 10 billion and 1 damage in the game

2 Likes

Because Reaper is extremely oppressive, of course. He’s been hard meta for all of OW2, solely relying on his superior kit to dominate games across all ranks.

They absolutely needed to gut this disgusting tank buster into the ground, so that the hitscan heroes could have some play time being the tank busters. It’s not fair for 1 character to be a tank buster when there are 10 others waiting for their turn.

1000%

Healing in the game is less than damage in take already. Tanks are the only thing which can straight up block all damage for a period of time for healing over time to catch-up or reduce it to a point healing straight up wins.

With only 1 tank in play, those defensive cooldowns on a tank actually matter to the point that all the damage can keep flowing. With two in play they can leap frog defensive abilities to keep themselves and usually most of the rest of the team safe at the same time.

With a single tank, backlines are much more exposed and healthy dps + support vs dps + support interactions can actually happen instead of everything being based around only the tanks because they keep getting in the way.

A single tank lets us have the threat of a strong character in the match, but not completely dominate a game. Its easier to invest into a tank, but its so much easier now for a dps or support to make an impact because double tanks are getting in the way of everything.

An effective tank pushes into territory and helps his or her team claim that territory. Supports keep the team alive to try and outshine the other team, and damage heroes have good damage but comparatively low survivability. If the tank is playing properly, he or she brings all that together by making the enemy focus on the tank instead of the others.

For example, if you’re a Mercy main, you survive through mobility and you know that the other team will be gunning for you, and your team, if they’re playing correctly, will cover for you. It’s hard to chase Mercy around while her Rein is charging you or the Winston lands on top of your head. And they have enough health that you can’t just ignore them and do what you were doing.

Because you can’t control yourself a any decent level of trigger discplne, your target prioritt is appalling, and place strategy/skill below everything else.

Jokes aside. Its players. The ones who complained about double shield. The ones who complained about not enough healing. Rhe ones who complained that their hero isn’t strong enough.

Weirdly this patch was one of the only times the players did not actually ask Blizzard for. Absolutely no one, not a single sane tank player (biases put aside here), ever asked to become Kaiju tanks.

I hate my role now and I can’t play Ball anymore. I’m so sad and stressed.

Right now as a dps player you have two options. Play the tank game and counter theirs or help your tank.
OR! Start going on squishier targets.

If you can’t do B then you will swap and help end the enemy tank or help yours.

There is no in between. There is no one tricking unless you have already prpven yourself within the first minute of a match.

Stomp or be stomped. Its so much mlre of a wild jungle fight now. And if you can’t do that, then please get out of the way.

If you think Tanks and Supports are gonna be stuck hero swapping and dps doesn’t well then you’re in for a rude awakening because dps have even much more of a reason to swap these days.

1 Like

Somewhat right. That is what happens when you balance 5v5 as though it was 2/2/2 instead of 1/1/1/1/1. Stop balancing heroes based on roles and start balancing the game as though open queue was the main queue.

Because some dps can deal close to 200 dps with good aim.

The higher the burst damage, the higher the hp needs to be.

1 Like

Because people complained about Double Shields once. Now the entire game is a brand-new mess every six months.

1 Like

Because they need to be tanky to even function in this format. The side-effect of this is Counterwatch getting worse. More tanks HP would be reasonable if tank damage and ability potency was reduced across the board. Counterwatch improved.

1 Like

Funny enough these heroes were initially designed around 1v1 interactions more so then what the 6v6 meta duos established as the norm. Where those didn’t matter to any major degree because said duo’s covered nearly all of eachothers counter play.

But you all didn’t actually want to engage in that game play in a scenario those situations were forced to happen. And here we are.

You all?

So the Koreans, Europeans, and other international players and individuals had zero say in how things turn out?

And it was just these several people in this thread that were assigned to the dev team yo influence the direction of this game?

Stop projecting and rethink your life as well as your bizarre fascination on trying to argue on made up scenarios that don’t exist.

???

That is the exact opposite of what I meant by that. Their was a very large push against the basic self balancing counter pick design of the original game. which is the group I was mentioning.

leading us into this state. Where tanks are uber strong to the point a lot of the counter play isn’t really relevant without big team combo’s.

Lol.

I don’t recall such things.

Because the first dev team, like this dev team seem to make their own design choices.

You can continue to attempt to assign blame to some unnamed group. But I will ask you to cite sources hero by hero.

Like who asked for Dva to fire missiles and DM at the same time in Ow 1?

Then who asked Dva to do more damage with those missiles in ow 2?

I believe the answer will always lead back to the team that gets paid to make this game.

One of the main reasons I queue tank is to avoid this. The other main reasons? Reinhardt.