Why do so many people have the misconception that heroes like Junkrat, D.va, Winston, etc. take no aim?

They don’t seem to get the concept of dodging. They like to run right into the projectiles and then cry on the forums about how the characters take no skill.

1 Like

True, if you want to play Junkrat like Hanzo. So no AOE, only direct hits with a lobbed nade. If you dont get a direct hit and the nade hits the ground, wall, ceiling or shield, it disappears.

But youre forgetting here that Junkrat has AoE damage and his nades linger on the ground some time before being removed from the game.

Ye… Yeah. Because Hanzo is a sniper and Junkrat is AoE/CQB. If you take Rat and Hanzo and put them 2.5m away from the wall, junks nades wouldnt have that big of an arc aswell…

Again, thats because Hanzo is a sniper and Junkrat is AoE/CQB.

And AoE damage. Thats key here.

Now to this.

From reading this with English, it sounds like I am saying that Hanzo has higher requirements than Junkrat. If you play Hanzo (sniper) with the aim requirements for Junkrat (AoE damage with lingering nades), you would perfrom pretty poorly. You cant shoot at walls as Hanzo and still do damage. You cant spam arrows at the choke and expect to break shields or kills someone by just ad-spamming and spamming LMB.

Junkrat has lower aiming requirements. You cannot argue around that. He has lower aiming requirements and does AoE damage. Change my mind. Tell me how Junkrat has higher aim requirements than Hanzo. WHO IS A SNIPER. Thats like saying winston takes more aim skill than widow.

I already did show that junkrat has higher aim requirements and each time you said “hanzo is a sniper”. which doesn’t diminish the fact that Junkrat has higher aim requirements than hanzo.
Junkrat cannot just put his mouse over a target and LMB like hanzo.
He has to aim up for the arc, and predict where the target will be in 2 seconds.
Bouncing shots off walls don’t magically give hits, you have to AIM to get the bounce to hit someone.
That requires a lot more AIM than just putting your cursor over a body and clicking.
Also, Junkrat doesn’t lock on to anyone like winston’s tesla canon, so your example is completely worthless.

Yeah, junkrat’s orbs only explode and do aoe if they hit someone. Or if you sit on them for 3 seconds after it finishes bouncing.
In the first case Junkrat needs to AIM to make it do aoe damage. they dont magically explode when they get near an enemy.
in the second case, if it hits anyone that is on them for not paying attention. Sure it doesn’t take aim but it can. You can land them to sit on the ground in key places.

You had phrased the original sentence wrong.
Making it sound like Junkrat has higher aim requirements.
If you play Hanzo with the aim requirements of someone who has a heavier arc, and slower projectile, you would end up performing badly.
Don’t get testy because you phrased it wrong.

Yes, actually Hanzo can. His spam ability deals 420 damage faster than junkrat can dish out that much.

3 Likes

Where? Im sorry if I overread it, please qoute it ma boi ^^

So he isnt actually there to deny area but to directly attack targets? Then I played him wrong for years and the YT guides are lying too…

My original sentence was this:

If you played Hanzo, the sniper dude, with the aim requirements for Junkrat, the AOD dude, you would in fact end up performing badly. There is nothing else to intrepretate into that sentence. I dont know how you came to the conclusion that this means that Junkrat has higher aiming requirements than Hanzo because it certainly says the opposite. If you played Hanzo with Junkrats aim, you would be bad.
If Junkrat required better aim than Hanzo does, you perform exceptionally good. Buts thats not the case.

Dont get testy because you didnt understand the sentence. No offense.

Yeah, his ability. Cool. Junkrats riptire can dish out 420 damage faster than Hanzos storm arrow. We are talking about primary fire, you cant bring abilities into that. And with his primary fire alone, I would argue that Junkrat does more damage, right?

Hanzo does between 58 and 100DPS, depends on if you just spam right click ro wait till the arrow is completely drawn.

Junkrat does 199.2DPS. Thats almost twice the amount of Hanzos max DPS.

I would argue that Junkrat does in fact more damage spamming nades at the choke than Hanzo ever will. Hanzo can only beat Junkrats DMG if he only hits Headshots, but thats not possible with shields. And you would have to aim to do that, but in this case its about spamming brainlessly.

source: 
http://overwatch.wikia.com/wiki/Hanzo
http://overwatch.wikia.com/wiki/Junkrat

Winston is basically no aim with his soft lock, dva I don’t know where that no aim comes from but junkrat is a weird one, the guy is literally made to spam so aim isn’t important, if you can “aim” to someone with it, it can be a nice extra but don’t think you’re anything special compared to widow aim or something

That’s not even a fair comparison
Let’s say the Soldier and Junkrat both have 500 hours on their respective hero-
Of course the solider will have better aim on McCree since he’s used to Hitscan unlike the Junkrat
And if you put them both on Pharah the Junkrat will have better aim since they are used to predicitve aim.

1 Like

Pls dont put Junkrat and Pharah together, Junkrat need way less predictive aim than Pharah, with Pharah you have to be aware of your enemies positioning to not be take out of the sky and Pharah doesnt have any type of damage ability besides her primary and ult, Junkrat not only is easier than her but yes he takes less aim, because he has a more forgiving kit to work with.

And i hate Pharah.

Pharah takes alot less predicitve aim bud.
Also pharah seriously needs a buff and what she just got was not a buff.

2 Likes

Im sure your 1 minute on Pharah and the fact that youre a One trick Junkrat is why youre defending him.

I think you’re taking the “takes aim” part too literally. Objectively speaking, there ARE heroes which take more or less aim. Sometimes it’s even circumstantial. Winston does not need to aim as well as widow.

Of course, whether they take skill is entirely different.

The ratio k = Efficiency of hero / Amount of aim required
is what really matters
Now think about it, everyone needs aim, but at what manner ?

Mate I’ve got alot more time than that on Pharah bud.
I’ve played her enough to know who has more predictive aim.

Also, you aren’t really one that should be talking about profiles considering yours is hidden.
I doubt you even have time on either of them.

1 Like

I also defend Doom and brig
Whom Doom on this account I only have 3 hours on and who Brig I only have 6 mintues on
I also defend Pharah and think ahe needs an actual buff.

1 Like

Winston’s primary fire takes about as much aim as mercy’s healing stream, so almost none. Junk and D.Va do have to aim. I think the idea that junk takes no aim comes from how he sometimes gets random lucky BS kills from standing in 1 place spamming the same spot and not moving his crosshair at all.

1 Like

People also find it easier to blame junkrat and luck than on themselves for not paying attention to the surroundings.

1 Like

First, im not your mate neither your buddy.
Second, my profile is hidden by default, i dont care about people being able to see or not.
Third, Trying to aim as Junrat is a waste of time, trying to aim as Pharah reward you for doing so.

Hahahahahaha
Yeah, you’ve got no clue what you’re talking about when it comes to rat.
If you don’t try to aim as rat you aren’t going to get past plat, maybe not even gold

1 Like

TBF, he has a point. Aiming with Junkrat is such a painful skill to master, you might as well go to other heroes.

Its not exactly the easiest thing to learn how to direct someone with the slowest projectile in the game.

1 Like

It’s okay, no one can aim with any hero in diamond anyway. So you probably can’t even tell.

That was my reaction when i saw your profile btw.
I almost reported you, then i reliazed that i was not in game… Thank god.