Why do so many people have the misconception that heroes like Junkrat, D.va, Winston, etc. take no aim?

Symmetra 2.0 also needed help to aim. Especially with her orbs but people forget this. You need to aim with Moira too.

1 Like

Because unless its a S76 or Widow type of aim, theyre a no aim.

I think its more of a traditionalist belief that unless its this, then its not aim like the example I said above. Thats how some peeps are, like in a few comments above.

1 Like

Yes, but I would argue that falls more into saying “Aim isn’t the only skill required to play a hero”, not saying “Winston actually requires aim”.

Winston does take skill. Aim just isn’t the skill in question.

2 Likes

there’s other things he has to do for aiming, like getting the most amount of people in his area (which isn’t his entire screen btw), aiming his jumps, juggling while ulting. a LOT of things require aim for winston

1 Like

They mean that their aim isn’t mechanically demanding, which is true for all of those characters.

Dva is the only one of those you mentioned who requires some semblance of actual aim. Winston just has to sit in front of someone while his weapon does the work. Junkrat just has to throw explosives in someone’s general direction and watch the mines to the work. He doesn’t even have to be looking at who he’s shooting. He even has a voice line where he says: “Aiming’s overrated!” lmao. Even junk knows he barely needs to aim.

Anyway, I agree that its overrated. Even if every hero needed to have widowmaker levels of mechanical skill, people would still find reasons to complain.

For a bad Junkrat maybe
But if you want to climb as rat you actually have to be able to aim with his primary.

2 Likes

Yeah, but just barely.

Not just barley.
He needs extremely good aim. Not only that but it has to be predicted far in advance- Unlike most other heros primaries

1 Like

No hero takes no aim, they just take so little aiming precision that I could play with a trackpad

2 Likes

Winston takes no aim to use his primary, change my mind, if abilities are “aim dependent” old Symm had to aim her shield.

If a Winston jumps on you and you are a support besides Brig you just accept your fate because he will not miss.

Even Brig and Rein can miss their Swings but Winston dont.

I’m sorry but…no. He really doesn’t.

1 Like

I’m sorry but yes he does.
Just because it’s a different kind of aim doesn’t mesn its not aim.

Comeback when you’ve actually played rat because you clearly haven’t

2 Likes

Lmao!! I mean, if you say so!

It’s “no aim” because you don’t need aim to be successful with them, but aim can heavily impact the amount of value you do put out.

So it’s no they they’re “no aim heroes” they’re just able to get value without being mechanically talented.

Never heard that stigma tied to D.Va before.

Well to get value out of DVa you definitely have to aim the micro-missiles.

Junk might be braindead in the lower levels of play, but in the higher ranks, he needs a ton of aim to be of value.

You think you don’t need aim against high mobility heroes like Tracer, Genji or Doom? You’re gonna need aim to land those directs.

3 Likes

so if i shoot a grenade in spawn as junkrat, obviously it’ll hit the opponent across the map. because he doesn’t require ANY aim

3 Likes

Even in your clip the Tracer kind of walked into it because she was still moving after you launched the grenade. It looks like there’s a bit of RNG involved.

Junkrat’s grenade with its trajectory and slow travel time is not designed to be able to consistently do damage by aiming, thus direct hits past 10ms is mostly luck or “calculated.”

No, I specifically flicked and fired into where I predicted her to be by the time my shot got there. In other words I aimed at where I calculated she’d be.
And was right.

Also did my link get the whol playlist I have or just the tracer clip?

3 Likes