Why do people want role queue when they can just lfg for 2-2-2

legitimate question (don’t flame me)

3 Likes

Because for many people LFR is dead, no one is there and creating a group takes ages to fill

12 Likes

so how would you want role queue to work?

1 Like

Click Competitive Play
Click Select Role
Click Support
Click Queue For Game

11 Likes

i would simply make it so that the only option is role queue in competitive

2 Likes

right, but would you be able to switch off the role you queued for? or would it be permanent 2-2-2 at all times?

1 Like

i would have it that you can select two roles , so if you picked tank and support you cant switch to dps

interesting, I haven’t heard that before if it worked that way though, how could the matchmaker actually insure that equal numbers of each role were being played? like probably most people would select dps and something else and then just pick dps

I’d be more for lock two tanks lock two supports and put two flex.

1 Like

I think that makes the most sense for the current meta where you want between 2 and 0 dps. But my main problem with role queue is that it forces the meta not to change. If we did it how you are proposing there could never be more than 2 dps on a team, and right now 3+ dps sucks anyways, but in the future there could be a meta where that’s actually good and interesting, and with role queue that could never happen

They would need to break it out into main tank, off tank, main supp, off supp, hitscan dps, projectile dps or you’ll get a bunch of Zarya/hog combos that’ll never get through a choke or teams that have no chance against pharah

Or just limiting to two dps mains per team would solve a lot by itself

1 Like

Because people are high

3 Likes

that’s forcing an even more specific meta. sometimes double off tank is genuinely good. I think lfg is a much better solution the only problem being that it takes too long to use. and it takes too long to use because few people use it and the people who do are too picky and leave the group when its not exactly what they want. I think the dev team should focus on improving lfg instead of adding role queue

LFG was a failure and will always be a failure as long as matchmaking prioritizes groups vs groups. Solo queueing is much more beneficial for gaining SR in the current system.

5 Likes

Unless you’re masters+, there are plenty of people in LFG. But if you’re masters+ I’d like to think you can solo queue.

Because people who use LFG do so because they are hard stuck in ___ rank and think LFG is their golden ticket to climbing up. They then end up kicking a majority of people who join the group because they think they are not good enough to carry them. All the while, the SR restrictions on joining the group and the fact that smurfs do not care to use LFG in the first place means anybody who joins the group is A) already qualified to be in the group and B) not going to carry them.

4 Likes

Role queue isn’t going to make you a better player.

4 Likes

actually a few months ago they released the stats on win rates for each size of group and six stacking doesn’t put you at any disadvantage compared to solo queuing. just has longer queue times Groups and Matchmaking in Overwatch

No, but its sure going to give a much more well rounded and more fair experience.

what can it do that lfg can’t?