Why do people always blame DPS?

I didn’t insult you. I also offered counter argument but you got emotional about getting called potentially retarded. It’s in your nature, i know. But you could continue the discussion instead of whining.

Wait what ? Where do I show such things ?

So the definition of discussion is calling people names and on top of that being sexist ? In what age ?

I offered you counter arguments, younjust keep getting bent out of shape. Why don’t you go get some tea or maybe go the salon or something with the girls that might be more fun for you because debates just aren’t your forte it seems.

Here is the problem with that.

I have an account in plat where I play hero’s that I’m pretty trash at like genji and also so I can play with my friends. There is an ENORMOUS difference between support and tank play between plat/low diamond and Masters. DPS mechanically are better, but the main difference is really in the tank and support play.

A few things I’ve seen in this thread:

1. Just standing there with your shield is making space
    –This is false, rein, winston, and hammond are what initiate the fight. Standing there with your shield is not making space. Not initiating makes it hard for your DPS to have any room or any disruption in the enemy team to actually kill anything and instead are just shooting shields. If your widow or Hanzo get a pick, thats even more of a sign to press shift and have the rest of your team push.

2. If the tanks aren’t dying and the DPS isn’t killing it’s on the DPS
    – Again, same thing sort of as above. If your tanks arent dying or they are dying at the end of the fight chances are they are either:

• playing too passively
  • or the supports are only healing the tanks and have no clue who to heal when.

One of the biggest differences as you climb the ranks is knowing who to heal when. Plat healers are either playing Moira bragging about gold elims or they just heal the tanks. As your gamesense increases you can literally smell a dive coming as a support player and who is about to get jumped. Your McCree sitting on the high ground vs a Winston and DVA? Watch him because they are about to jump him. Get the harmony orb off the tank and heal the DPS preemptively.

This game is incredibly complex. It is nowhere near as simple as the tanks tank, the supports heal, and the DPS kill. Several of each category blur the lines between them. If you are getting rolled it is usually because someone is playing something they shouldnt be (yes often times that is someone on DPS) or it is just an overall lack of understanding about what is happening.

1 Like

Well, that’s the lowest point you can reach I guess. Should have known prior but shall keep it in mind from now on.

Also, do keep in mind that this is not 4chan for the kind of debates that include insults as responses and any sort of “edgy” behavior. You are not making a debate like this but fool of yourself. Entertaining in a twisted sense regardless and yet worth of flags. The forums don’t need such content here.

I don’t, now get back in there and kill Something!

A great chunk of my fights when I am supporting in this situation, they wont jump on neither of them: they will jump on me (As they should. Supports first is an old rule of thumb that is taught since single player rpgs.).

You are the one who is gettinf offended no one else has an issue, and it’s funny how you stereotype people yet get bent out of shape because of a few words? You’re so full of yourself its sort of funny.

In which case your other support should know to heal you or your tanks should peel for you

It’s the same concept.

Because they are bad. Good tanks put in more work than dps. Fact.

Mostly because it’s the star role that everyone tries to play to the degree that you have unbalanced comps. So if someone is that stubbornly set on playing that role despite everything, I expect them to perform very well.

Oh you know just

• Create space due to threat (ex. Soldier laying down fire on flankers, or vs Pharah to deny area)
  • Suppressive fire (ex. Solider tapping Widow when she is on a perch, forcing her to hide).
  • Position well to deny enemy (ex. Soldier taking high ground near your team, to deny the enemy team it and different pathways).
  • Use ultimate timed well (ex. Soldier doing a flanking ult at the exact time you push to win the objective).
  • Cover for backline (genji dives on ana, soldier heals Ana, hurts Genji)
  • Break shields (often can lose if other team focuses your barrier and your team would rather be a sack of potatoes)
  • Secure final blows (ex. Widow body shotting someone who is low health who would otherwise have escaped).
  • Providing burst against a tank, which makes them have to wait to be healed to go in, or creating a moment of weakness for your tank to go in.
  • Getting anyone low health, creating an opportunity to teamfight
  • Taking health packs so enemy can’t have them.
  • Pushing the payload
  • Help capture the point
  • Make callouts
  • Be smarter than a person that says “What do DPS do if they don’t kill stuff?”

Tank and support who expect DPS to make everything happen while Mercy holds left click on the Rein and Rein holds right click are usually the ppl blaming DPS for everything and imo are some of the most toxic group there is. Especially as DPS is literally the weakest role right now. Meaning it’s on Tanks to make stuff happen.

2 Likes

I do not stereotype anyone, this is how you perceive it. What I am merely doing is treating people with respect when talking or writing to them no matter the grounds, something clearly you perceive as being ‘sensitive’ when is done and when expecting for the other to behave accordingly.

My original reply was me defending the dps class as it has been a scapegoat since the game’s release while saying that every role has a toxic side. The hilarious part is that you agree in a sense and yet proceed calling me names regardless.

Flash news, it is not about being a stereotype or sensitive, it is about getting out of the house and behave like a normal being, something you can learn while being out there and not on boards talking edgy and stuff. Just a friendly tip you will realize once you grow older.

I never agreed with you at any point pleasevdo not lie to back your narrative it’s not pretty.

Again you’re goingbon a tangent about nothing, offended and playing a victim. I don’t see how you’re not being sensitive. Either speak on the relevant topic or leave. You’re not being productive, not that i expect that from your type but still please be relevant or leave. Else I’ll have to flag you for derailing the thread.

I was talking about the topic until you decided to make it personal by trying to turn it into an edgy fight. Calling people names is not productive either – if anything, it is heavily against the rules.

Then again, you even deny the fact that in your previous replies you say that the other roles don’t get a pass when it comes for toxicity so at this point you are a toxic, lost cause. The end.

1 Like

And all you’ve done if further derail it by acting overly emotional. I deny nothing but i never ever agreed with you. Also you seem a but more toxic than me given you’re still going on about nothing hun.

All the sexist and plain out rude comments from This allmight guy but sure, this group that they are vastly overgeneralizing is evil and toxic and should just be wiped off the earth.

Well, report system exists for a reason and is quite effective for everyone no matter the role, gender or whatever if I may say so. Needs work on it for sure, but when it comes for abusive chat, it works.

Well, this game favors DPS by nature and DPS have the hugest match swaying power.

So if someone is playing Tank/Healer because you chose DPS and you’re not using your advantages as DPS properly… Of course they are going to become annoyed.

Just as a Healer main would become annoyed if they aren’t getting any heals - especially when the rest of the team is fully healed/teammates are being over-healed.

The carries of overwatch are the tanks and supports…