Why do dps players hate Mercy?

Certain heroes can’t even kill her fast enough, and booping her is a crapshoot because she has more range on it than she should probably.

Why generalize all dps players and act as if they are a hivemind :rofl:

against a mercy: hiding and flying (with the addition of making ashe, cass harder to dive while barely playing the game herself)

with a mercy, mostly yellow beaming a full hp tank (not contributing)

So because they imho barely play the game i dislike them.

I like them if they manage high uptime, don’t heal max hp targets and die barely. Basically how the enemy mercy plays when I can’t get ashe or cass down with her.

Otherwise i hate my team more than mercy.
like allowing her to rezz the enemy tank in the open… smh.

That’s just some elitist nonsense.

There’s no such thing as bad manners when it comes to posting in old threads, especially if you’ve used google and it brought you to it.

This topic is still very much as relevant today as it was 12 months ago and i’d say it’s better to reply in an already made topic that’s 12 months old rather than making a duplicate topic.

Mercy should be reworked completely because her flight animations are horrible to look at from a dps perspective and when you add her tiny and weird hitbox to it, it makes it even worse to try and deal with her, especially if the one playing her has their cooldown management nailed down, which doesn’t really require much effort whatsoever.

I don’t spam ult like that when I play Mercy o.0

Since some people apparently don’t know:

Think that should be the end of that discussion.

1 Like

I have to laugh, hard at your complete lack of understanding of how Lucio is played. Just give it up man, you have telegraphed a level of ignorance that is astounding.

Lucio is literally the highest skill ceiling support, and is among the highest of any hero in the game.

Wallriding and shooting at the same time isn’t even a blip on the radar of what it takes to master Lucio.

When i play mercy i have some games where no one even tries to shoot me.

But you have to know mercy is balanced around being hard to hit lol. Making fun of someone who can’t kill Moira is one thing. But doing it against mercy makes no sense imo.

Play the right hero then… I have 0 trouble killing mercy

Not everyone plays Sombra lol. She’s the only hero that can consistently deal with mercy.

Did someone just necro’d this thread for its anniversary?

Pocketing took a huge hit in viability after season 9 and probably now makes Mercy if she is ever going to be viable again need a rework. It is sad to say but she probably needs something like her april fools patch + a rez change to bring her back into viability.

Who’s fault is that, you can either play what you want or you can win, you can’t have both ways… Some time she doesn’t work if they are 2 grouped up because sombra on the field, in that case i go sojourn…

1 Like

Kiri is the solution to your problem! Play her, giga flank style!!
(And use swift step to return safely to your team)

:smiley:

1 Like

This makes sense if the mercy/DPS are already on diamond or up. In metal ranks, it’s almost impossible to climb as mercy. It’s the damage orientated supports that actually help people get out of metal ranks. From my perspective, players that rage about not being able to kill mercy have skill issues, she barely fights back. And if she does fight back and hit her blaster shots, that’s a good mercy. Gl next :stuck_out_tongue:

The strong dps you mentioned don’t exist in metal ranks where DPS can’t consistently hit Thier dmg and apply 0 pressure. What exactly am I supposed to boost? Nothing, picked up Kiri and ana simply because they provide so much more than mercy because they don’t rely on teammates as heavily as mercy.

We healbot the tank because DPS can’t hit anything. Healbotting is excruciatingly actually an optimal playstyle if you have bad teammates. It sucks because the high end of competitive is completely different. Blizzard can’t balance the game where both ends of the competitive ladder feel fair, so there’s just massive confusion over the fact that your playstyle will be vastly different to someone who is at least 2 ranks above or below you.

Yes it’s his birthday wuhuuuu :partying_face:

I already had this distaste for the enemy team’s Mercy, but now I don’t mind it anymore. But it was because of her mobility.

Because she’s skinny and evasive, and a lot of DPS players actually kind of suck at the game. That’s why they play DPS.

It’s hard to get your free Sombra virus hack kill, or cross map widow headshot on a skinny evasive character.