Why did they take headshots away from bastion

Except his damage at pretty much anything beyond 20 meters is worse than what a half-decent Soldier could do…

1 Like

But he also didnt have 300 shots b4 reloading, didnt take less dmg while in tank and sentry, couldnt heal while moving etc.

You don’t need 300 shots if you have good damage, you’ll take 0 damage in Sentry and Tank mode if you kill the enemy, and yeah, the healing thing is kinda fair…

People should really stop looking for any buff that increases Bastion’s damage. His raw damage output is outrageous as is, there is literally zero chance that the developers will increase it.

Bastion may need some help, but damage increases are a non starter.

The fact that he had 200 ammo wasn’t ever an issue, because the damage was higher.

It’s still incredibly easy to shut down a sentry bastion in less than a second even with the damage reduction. And the old tank gave extra armor and health.

That’s the only thing that was needed, along with recon buffs. Still not a fair tradeoff to add those buffs in exchange to make him a “barrier destroyer”

1 Like

His damage output at anything beyond 20 meters is pretty garbage, especially on small targets like well over half of the cast… Bastion's real damage output (kinda)

That’s the only thing that’s really holding him back, his insanely inconsistent damage. I wouldn’t even mind not having headshots if he had better spread.

1 Like

So you think bastion should have his old dmg and spread while keeping all the buffs he got in the rework?

No, remove Ironclad (or put it on repair if they don’t want to remove it outright), remove the extra 100 ammo, revert headshots, revert spread, keep new Recon mode, keep the new healing… If they don’t want him to be quite as effective, give him 1.5x headshots instead of 2x (similar to Widow’s 2.5x headshots while scoped).

Yes.
For some reason people don’t play bastion in the metas where he is good.

You can try and argue with me personally, but I promise you the devs are not going to increase his damage.

give me the serenity
to accept the things I can not change
courage to change the things I can
and the wisdom to know the difference

Because headshots in sentry form was op

1 Like

or the upcoming patch where he’s just a talking flowerpot

one and a half years ;-;

They will if the pros ask for it… Seagull has said he should get headshots and spread back…

I would be fine without headshots, just give him a tighter spread. People didn’t play Hanzo because he was too inconsistent, people don’t play Bastion because he’s too inconsistent.

1 Like

He did it before and it wasn’t an issue.

If it wasn’t an issue they wouldn’t have changed it.

That was also almost one and a half years. It lasted about 3 days on PC before they nerfed it.

Except it doesn’t. It’s “barrier busting” capacity hasn’t changed, but they nerfed his damage by 2x and made it harder to even hit a Reinhardt at about 25 meters and had the audacity to say they made him a tankbuster after that massive damage nerf.

Yes they would have… Having 900 DPS and 35% passive damage resist would be an issue… just 900 DPS (not really even that, that’s only if literally every bullet hits the head, which will never happen) wasn’t.

1 Like

ironclad makes healing more efficient so it promotes them even more. Pulse bomb could kill old Bastion.