Why did Moira get nerfed?

I mean if it stops people from whining about her sure.
Not like that’ll stop me from stepping on them.

1 Like

She needs to position aggressively to maintain her resource, it makes no sense why she needed to be less durable. Playing passive moira is so boring, I don’t like what they’re pushing with this change

Because she’s not actually as bad at dueling as the Moira mains like to pretend. Her self heal gives her an advantage in most matchups, and surprise surprise, that’s exactly what’s being nerfed.

That combined with her hitting an average pickrate of 13% (which translates to being on 80% of teams) and it’s not really surprising to see.

5 Likes

Yes she is. I’ve been bodied by some good Ashe and mccree players and played those two myself and Moira is only good in a duel if you can’t aim. This change is stupid

1 Like

imo moira now is really dead brain making damage, she didnt need to aim well and not even good, she just suck you and autoheal, however its possible to making damage as moira in this meta when we have so much shields (moiras orb can easly pass shields)

cheese character got nerfed. nothing of value was lost.

8 Likes

Alhonesty, didn’t expect Moira changes to happen.

I don’t know why she got nerfed but I’m happy.

1 Like

I said most matchups.

Naming 2 out of 31 heroes that you personally can’t kill with her doesn’t really prove that wrong.

Whadda bad S.

YES clearly, everyone who has died to moira “cant aim”.

1 Like

Moira can still be aggressive siphoning off of tanks and replenish her resource, and stay safe instead of chasing targets?

Both the Moira change and the Baptiste change are great.
They do very little to nothing at all to a decent support player who was already playing both correctly.
All while having huge impact on players looking to do cheesy 1vs1 flank like DPS or front line with either one.

being an out of postion Moira trying to front line on DPS will now have to throw more healing orbs to stay alive, lowering her DPS output from none-stop purple orbs. Yet a more in the middle of their team Moira player isn’t even going to notice the change, at all. Will just be able to keep throwing whatever orb the team needs all the time, as they don’t need grasp to heal anyways, as they are not in 1vs1 fights as much.

Same for Baptiste. A better Baptiste hides the IM Field now vs throw in all over the place or use it to win 1vs1 sort of cheesy fights. Now just those more cheesy actions gets punished. Where as once again the with the team sort of support, will barely even notice.

great changes

Because looking in a general direction and getting that reward sucks.

What are u even talking about? Mind actually saying what the nerf is?

Go to the PTR patch notes and take a look through them.

1 Like

Because making a detailed post was too hard.

Oh my god, jfc, here.

1 Like

Reduced self-heal from 30 to 20 per second.

I might have liked to see 25 first, but it’s an understandable aspect of her kit to nerf. Her aim is already very forgiving and the strong self-heal is an enabler of the DPS Moira since 200hp heroes would not only feel “on the clock” to kill her within 4 seconds, but they’d also be pressed to do an additional 120 damage due to self-heal. Now it’s a more manageable 80.

She can still heal herself with the orb, heal through shields, etc., but should feel a bit more fair to fight against in the lower ranks.

1 Like

To

A. Shut people up
and
B. Discourage dps moira from occuring by increasing the likelihood of negative results