Why did Mercy suddenly become a problem?

Thats just wrong, Mercy got buffed in may where Brig was hard Meta and only became popular at the end of 2020 months later.

1.: Mercys ranked ouckrate was way below average in GM

2.: Mercy didnt got played at all in OWL until the Brig 200HP nerf

3.: Mercy isnt even Meta currently

Here is a example of someone getting flamed for playing Mercy in mid 2020 over a month after Mercy buff:

3 Likes

Yo welcome to forums! Where the majority of the community that doesn’t follow balance changes or understand how synergy works can whine and demand nerfs!

Seriously though. It’s normal. Look at tanks. They have been nerfing tank after tank. The next tank to become meta due to nerfs of the last meta tank is then nerfed too cuz “they are OP!”. Now that every tank has been pretty much nerfed, WB is the new hated tank because he’s all we got left.

Supports are are basically split into Utility and Sustain types. Mercy is a heavy Utility hero who synergizes super well in this high TTK barrierless environment. Dmg boost, Rez, and her mobility allows her to function in these games were people die too fast to properly heal. Rez, GA, and dmg boost all work in this meta. Thus she is used. Thus she must be op and must be nerfed!

Get it?

1 Like

But it’s not. You said it was nerfed to fall into power.

I PROVED that was not the case. Showing that it was actually buffed instead to fall into power.

I don’t care if you found MR problematic, the truth is you LIED about it needing to be nerfed when it was buffed.

2 Likes

Any time a hero synergises with Mercy, they get the nerfs.
Ashe, Hanzo, Widow and Pharah all got to work for the kills while al Mercy has to do is hold a god dang button. And they are the ones that get nerfed.
Zen synergises with Mercy and damage is currently considered a problem. What do they do? Nerf Zen and leave Mercy the same.

I’m getting increasingly annoyed by this hero.
I already despise having to play her; a pacifist that rarely ever has to shoot, in a pvp shooter.

But in this case the change was to damage mitigation.

Damage boosting heroes are directly proportional to the DPS strength, as always.

If she is OP, it is because the DPS are so very much stronger against the lack of damage mitigation.

A near cross the board nerfing to DPS is coming, just like it did to Supports and to Tanks.

3 Likes

that’s the million dollar statement right there.

like idk how people can be pointing at a damage multiplier ability as the source of the problem of “too much damage/tanks keep melting” when we’ve already seen this multiplication factor work fine for years (i.e. it’s not an excessive multiplier). like if the multiplication factor has been fine for so long, what’s left via process of elimination as the reason for “too much damage/tanks keep melting”? the actual damage source itself.

3 Likes

She’s not the problem, it’s just cancel culture. They’ll feed on another character once she is nerfed to bits. And no one is realy concerned with skill, all they want is their character to be op and melt everyone else with little to no effort. When they destroy Mercy and the other healers (except ana - she’s basicaly dps in disguise) then they’ll turn on other dps characters.

I it’s the - you have a slightly bigger piece of cake than me so I’ll cry loudly and knock your slice off the plate tantrum.

1 Like

cause dmg boost has remained nearly untouched since release nad hasnt been an issue unti lrecently…

what HAS changed in those 4 yrs?

the other heroes.

you high?

she was near useless at 50 hp/s becasue she cant do her job of healing as a main healer.

55 hp/s is still only middle healing power. lucio healsnear that every 12sec to any1 near him.

ana/moira/bap all out heal her and 2 of them are aoe and other has games strongest debuff in game.

3 Likes

Insane how it’s not even the most picked Support with the highest winrate that people are crying over… it’s the second picked Support people say is OP… how

1 Like

Heroes can become strong indirectly by adjustments to other heroes and synergies with these heroes. However I don’t think Mercy is problematic at all. She’s just good if played correctly and terrible when played incorrectly.

If it’s meta people will complain.

There will always be dps mains who will complain she’s the reason their hero was nerfed.

Specifically Ashe mains…

Because there were shield nerfs, damage(what a surprise) became too high, and Mercy is one of two heroes with consistent damage boost.

Whatever it takes to save DPS heroes. It’s not that damage from DPS is too high, it’s clearly damage boost is core of all evil.

IMO, this explains why she’s relevant but not why people want her nerfed.

People want her nerfed for 2 reasons…

1. They don’t want their hitscan-wifu Ashe nerfed (Snipers have been a massive problem in OW since always)
  2. They don’t like seeing their “5up3r-kewl-1337 killz” undone by Rez because it makes them feel bad

It’s the same reason they whine about lamp. God forbid anyone be able to actually prevent a kill in a shooter.

2 Likes

Shields got nerfed so damage became more powerful (especially 1 shots). Mercy can boost damage, is simple. Its the same problem with Zen.

The problem isnt Mercy, its the powershift to damage.

Who is saying Mercy is a problem? Some folks think Boosting is just a bad mechanic, that’s a different question.

Only bad aspect of it, is that your teammate can easily ruin everything with little you can do about it. Then again, it applies to nearly all support mechanics.

People spent months saying how her HPS was too low, now its too high and shes amazing… Forums know nothing, just react to what others say.

Okay STOP.

I’m sick and tired of people acting like mercy isn’t a meta pick or isn’t strong right now.

She’s in second place for support pickrate with 8.08%.

Brig is THIRD PLACE, with 3.99%.

https://imgur.com/gallery/kds1DDW

That is not an “I’m not a meta hero” gap. That is “I am one of the strongest options” gap.

Okay maybe she wasn’t meta as soon as she got her 55 hp/s buff.

But as soon as brig got her nerfs on August 13th, Mercy took over her spot. And it became a meta with ana / mercy.

THEN Brig came back for what… 2 WEEKS? With her 25 HP buff??? And IMMEDIATELY got nerfed again. To which mercy took over… AGAIN.

That’s the point. Her damage boost has suddenly made her look bad in others’ eyes.

Its a terrible mechanic, ngl. it creates balance issues in the game that Blizz has to account for, it ties up a healer on one person making them a start, and contributes to buddyism in game.