Why did Blizzard kill Symmetra? :(

Completely unfair and needed to be removed.

Has more control now if anything with alt fire.

It’s faster and can 2 shot any 200hp heroes.

That needed to go. Having 6 turrets on you slowing you, was incredibly stupid. Now they actually have health if I’m not mistaken and they act as 2 per turret.

Infinite sized, 5000 hp barrier. Boom, already 300% better.

2 Likes

Yes, but what about for flex players? I’m primarily a D. Va main but I can also play pretty much every support except Ana(some better than others), and every defense except Hanzo and Widow, but when it comes to Offence, I can only really play tracer and Sombra but I have been getting practice with McCree.

And even if I chose to only be locked into Tanks/Supports, I could still foresee myself getting an occasional shot call commendation because there are times where I will say to my team “Be careful, the enemy (Insert character here) might have their ult” and then 5 seconds after I’d say that there’d be someone on the enemy team shouting in Japanese/Russian/Telling us the plural of dice 3 times/telling us the time/telling us it’s nerf or nothing/firing in the hole/and other stuff like that

Nothing like having endorsement inflating people’s egos. Yeah, I don’t want to see this function in game.

Someone had to put an end to the reign of terror.

That had an easy fix though: give Rez los

You can easily buff her without making her OP.

Agreed. They’re already big enough

I like the find game system. It’s good. I dislike a role queue heavily and they delivered something completely opposite. Almost closer to a guild system.

Endorsement? No. Ego-Booster.

1 Like

If that would of fixed her, Blizzard would have just done that. It’s so much easier to tweak numbers than it is to completely redesign a hero’s kit. Like…seriously…new sound effects, new visuals, new voicelines, entirely new rewritten code, etc. etc.

Blizzard did the internal testing most likely, like every QA department would do, and realized there was no way to make her viable without still running into the same problems. And they determined that is was better to just start fresh than tweak numbers, and I trust their judgment.

Tweaked numbers may have potentially brought her from F-Tier to maybe bottom of the barrel D-Tier, but that’s it.

2 Likes

Good god will people who main a hero stop acting like they speak for everyone who mains that hero. You don’t. Say how you feel. Don’t try to pass your opinion as that if the opinion of everyone who plays your hero. It’s not. It’s the same crap the mercy mains who post here do. The disgruntled people do not get speak for everyone and your attitude of “we know better than everyone who disagrees with us” is annoying too.

3 Likes

Question, who are you most likely to receive that from?

The support you saved by saying that or the dps who died after you said it. I’m just saying you can be flex and shot call but your less likely to get any endorsement off dps players becasue Dps.

Only time flex support tank players will getting endorsed is when other flex tank and support endorse you. I cannot see any dps I have ever played with endorse me or anything just from messages saying abuse about not healing them enough or playing my main.

It’s literally a useless feature that’s gonna make big headed people feel even more big headed amd it’s not going to be a fair way to show how kind you are.

They killed old sym because hardly anyone in their big player base touched her in the slightest. Oh, and she had literally ZERO playtime in OWL. How could that possibly be a well designed hero?

2 Likes

I would honestly like to see her used in OWL. Her rework is amazing. So amazing that I might just play her a whole bunch. This is good for her and everyone playing her/against her.

1 Like

Maybe they like being suspended and reported for their hero choice?

Blizzard knows it was an issue. That’s why they fixed it. Why get mad that they can finally play their hero again without being banned for it? But people want to pretend like they magically know how to do Blizzard’s job just based on feelings.

It’s no different than patients going to a doctor and telling the professional they’re wrong because they looked up something different on WebMD.

Exactly! It may alienate the old-sym mains, but makes her wayyy more enjoyable to play for the vast majority of the playerbase. Overall I’d say it was a success.

1 Like

Now we just need:

Brigitte nerfs
Bastion rework
Torbjorn rework

and

Pharah’s removal.

But that would require them to actually LOOK at player feedback on the forums, there’s a thread addressing how Console players are pretty much neglected with over 700 posts, and not one developer has even acknowledged it(or any console post for that matter) since the old forums

1 Like

That still doesn’t fix her for higher levels though. Less cheese at lower SRs, but that doesn’t fix her core issues that make her unviable Platinum+.

I agree with the others, but why remove pharah? If anyone mercy should be removed because she dominates the support line.

How do you know they didn’t then or don;t now? Just becasue they don;t post in a thread doesn’t mean it wasn’t brought to their attention.