WHY Delete Old Comp-Seasons?

I really miss seeing my data accrued. Sadly the metrics which matter most like k/d per heal received or per solo queue aren’t quite logged. You can back them out approx and ofc the entire OW1 experience was rigged/fake - even less rigged/fake than OW2. The stats let you /flex /analyze but they have no provably unbiased /context.

I had the /foresight to /SS them /all and make some /vods parousing my account /profiles before they took the game I paid for /offline. There really is no other way to /export your digital /assets, or /protect any /record(s) of you having them.

Recall, they took the servers offline for the game we /paid for.
It could happen /again. I suggest never attaching yourself to an account. I’ve seen too many underprivaledged youth lose their accounts to simply bad gameplay. They get about 10 hours in, beg /parents for a skin, attach themselves, and some /hidden 5stack /reports them /offline, and they /quit.

3 Likes

because they dont care about the old ow1 players, its all about the new players

2 Likes

So you would be unable to use it as argument ingame. Making you basically the same with newcomer, rather than seasoned veteran.

Which you can make public, if you wish to crush someone with your long game experience.

Blizzard just doesn’t want you to remember “good old days”, so any “reminders” of that time are likely to be removed over time. Players can’t be upset over changes to their favourite heroes, if they don’t have any memory of heroes being in any, but present, state.

2 Likes

Oh the surprise waiting for everybody when OW does end up going under….

2 Likes

I get why they’re messed up in OW2, it’s a completely different game (statistically speaking) so merging stats to a new system is going to cause weird things to happen even if they were competent devs.

But they could have kept it in this game called OW1, which was deleted in favor of an alpha for no particular reason.

2 Likes

I would like to say that they did this because they thought that nobody wanted to see stats from ow1, but after 6 months of playing I can say with 123% confidence that data lost from comp was a bug.

In conclusion, small indie company.

2 Likes

I would not be surprised if they lost the data and pretend its done intentional to save face…

5 Likes

Peaked at rank 1 back in season 22, no one would ever know looking at my account now though :sadge: all that wasted time

6 Likes

But the hours remained the same though

1 Like

My comp seasons before season 33 no longer show up, but every comp season after that and my QP stats are intact. I would also love to have those old comp season stats back.

5 Likes

Because it does not matter. Everything older than 6 months or even a year, is mostly misleading. The game and balance was different back then. If you cant stay at a rank, there is a reason for it.

I dont care that they deleted everything from OW1 (or most of it). I played the game since S1 and while its sad that its gone, its meaningless data.

Nope. I had 2000+ hours on dva in OW1. It now currently shows me as having a few hundred. I also have a few hundred on Junkerqueen. I play more JQ than dva now, and it would have been nice to see how many years it takes to catch up to my dva hours. Instead I will probably catch up very quickly, cause it no longer shows 2000 hrs for dva :frowning: so I can’t even do a proper comparison.

1 Like

I agree that old data isn’t necessarily relevant to the current game, and can even be misleading. But I still find it just intrinsically interesting to look back at where I was and where the game was at certain times. Like little time capsules.

If someone tries to make claims based on outdated data, then that is unfortunate, but ultimately it’s a them problem.

2 Likes

That’s what I’m afraid happened. Or they intentionally deleted it. I hope the data is recoverable

4 Likes

That’s strange, I didn’t experience any loss of gametime and hours

Not for everyone. Some have lost hours. Some are the same. And some, like mine, have gained hours. Very odd.

4 Likes

I feel for you. Truly. :sob:

Any profile screenshots of your past D.Va glory?

The biggest shame is how much the playerbase shrugs off such dedication. I.e., “That’s nice. Can you play something else instead?” Even my one friend called me out the other day for having the “bad habit” for “always starting off the match as D.Va”, because “I can tell you right now, ‘they’ are likely going to start off playing [lists certain D.Va counters] on this map.”

Any means of “gitting gud” enough on a single character to play around their counters effectively enough just amounts to an excuse to further nerf them.

On-topic: Blizzard wants players focusing on just one metric and one metric only: your personal SR. And always to be focused on in in the current moment, because it goes away over time. Well, I guess that, and your OW2 coins. So :poop: (and I don’t mean the emoji in any sort of silly way, either.)

2 Likes

Guys, I figured it out. They screwed up the stats so players would make new accounts and then buy all the cosmetics that they already earned on their old bugged account!

3 Likes

:point_up: You know what, I think you just might be on to something.

2 Likes