Why can't I be a Yeti?

After like 15 games still no Yeti. Horrible Challenge and who’s to say I’m going to win? People are going to miss out on this cute Xmas decoration

6 Likes

I’m at 20 games and nothing. It’s already bad enough that’s it’s hard to win as Yeti to complete the challenge, let alone getting the chance to play it…

The moment I get it, I’m not touching this mode EVER AGAIN.

8 Likes

Not to mention people are queuing up for the Yeti and leaving as soon as they see the 6 man entrance scene.

2 Likes

I’ve gotten it twice,…but I’m a terrible yeti :sweat_smile:

I said that last year…and the one before that….but they always add achieves or something that force you too

3 Likes

You got lucky!! Did you win?

1 Like

I’ve made a rule for myself…I leave three…I play one…unless one of the three is yeti

3 Likes

At this point, I’m practically soft-throwing and I STILL keep winning games and I STILL can’t get it…

I did the other challenges instead. Not worth playing more of that mode for 1500 bpass exp. Only worth getting 6/8 challenges done.

3 Likes

It’s funny cause of all the modes, I liked yeti the best. But it’s SOOOOO god damn boring after the 30th time…

1 Like

I dislike all of them :slight_smile: just suffered enough for the 6 challenges. Won’t touch them again, just like I haven’t since like 2016/2017.

Tho I too like the yeti one the most of the 4, but it’s like a 2/10 instead of 0.1/10 for me.

2 Likes

This is the thing that’s really frustrating, IMO. I personally have been a fan of this mode since it first came out, and I love playing the Yeti, and I can never get Yeti games because of this stupid bug.

But, it is legitimately quite difficult to win as the Yeti if you aren’t experienced with piloting Winston and don’t really know how the mode works from the Yeti’s side. How are any of the new players supposed to get this achievement if they’re affected by the queue bug?

That said, maybe the additional pressure from everyone trying to go for the achievement will force the bugfix to actually be prioritized.

1 Like

:sweat_smile: Got Winston while queuing as Hunter (after 7 games or so).
Killed 3 Meis during my first Yeti-Rage, then got corky and jumped right into the middle of the whole Mei-gang, barely got kill 4 and 5, two seconds before I would have died. :joy: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :joy:

I’m glad I don’t feel the need to waste my time on that to get some cosmetic stuff.

1 Like

Anyone ever play evolve?

“Completing games as the Hunter increases your chances of being picked as the Yeti”.

Well, ok, Blizz, I’ll play Hunter everytime I get it.

29 games later, a Yeti. I was literally getting so annoyed with it constantly giving me Hunter that I was bellowing at the monitor every damn game after about the 12th or 13th game.

Ridiculous, and compounded by others leaving EVERY SINGLE GAME I joined, presumably because they were also sick and ******* tired of not getting the Yeti once again, so started leaving any game they were a Mei/Hunter.

TL:DR; Stupid challenge causes misery for all playing the mode.

2 Likes

Still no Yeti after 40 games.

2 Likes

I’ve played on PC and had 1 Yeti game in 3 hours.
Then switched to console, immediately got a Yeti game and won.

So either I got lucky, or… I suspect there might be some skill-based matchmaking issue where your mmr can somehow negatively affect your chances of getting a Yeti game.
My PC account is relatively high skill, while my console account is (almost) new, and my console mmr must be low.

That’s just an assumption, though. Maybe I indeed just got lucky.

1 Like

The really offensive part about this is that they are forcing people to play modes they hate against characters they hate (MEI) which is really not fair to all those people who love the modes and the character (MEI)

As a tip for winning as Yeti, go on offensive more. Don’t just go for the meat only, if you see a couple Meis (not the entire group) jump on them, plop shield down and go for kills.

1 Like

lmao. i got yeti on my first game, won it, and didnt even get the drop. such a broken system. i did get a whole 200xp though :smiley: :gun: