Why can widowmaker one shot someone every 720 milliseconds

There’s a difference between being able to kill someone in 0.72 seconds, and instantly killing them every 0.72 seconds

2 Likes

You are right.
But theoretical potential means there’s room for failure, whereas Alexis and the other guy (that I thought were the same user for some reason) here put it like widow is going to, no matter what her position or who is on her tail , be a death sentence on every other existing character.

1 Like

What? I don’t see any.

1 Like

Because you don’t respect her sightlines.

1 Like

I think she did exaggerate (e.g. most gms have 70% accuracy) but I didn’t particularly read it as she was describing playing against a perfect Widow so much as complaining about Widow’s theoretical maximum. I thought it was a passive aggressive way to ask for a charge time increase.

Which personally I have wondered if a 1% increase would help out PC. Unless she’s basing her arguments on KB+M Widows on console. :woman_shrugging:t6:

Because nobody choses to play sombra.

I normally main Widow. But if there is one thing I refuse to do is DUEL another widow. There is FLAKY Tick-rates to this game and no-reg shots that often occur. SO I play SOMBRA if the enemy team has a widow. Last night, I literally put this widow into a RAGE because I played as sombra. She was getting good picks and being a real pain to my team. I could have chose to do the duel. But the chances are their connection is better than mine. So SOMBRA is the answer.

• Don’t like her using her grapple hook. HACK

• Dont like her playing the field. Wait for her at spawn with Sombra.

• Place your teleportation device out of harms way and NOT near a HACKED health pack. It’s a give-away that you are nearby.

• When she uses visor. Do what I do. get out of harms way, everyone sees your location, use the PUPPET emote and do what the survivors do in dead by daylight, to the killer, at the exit gates… THE “BUTT DANCE” :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

When Visor drops. Get back into the game and begin your relentless attacks again. You will see her spin in circles with her smg, and if you want to add to MORE fun. Use “BOOP!” nearby. :smiling_imp:

Sombra EASILY contests any widow because widow has a SMALL health pool and often most teams do NOT protect one another. Even THEN, it is a matter of waiting for that small window of opportunity to make a score on her.

1 Like

Because people dont play with aimbots and if they do, they get banned.

Overbuff shows the number 1 Widows stats at 49% scoped accuracy, 20% critical hit accuracy, and weapon accuracy 44%. Thats the #1. Of course you are going to have some outliers who are much higher or lower on average due to varying factors but overall most GM Widows are not hitting 70% of their shots.

They are. She can 1 shot kill every 720 milliseconds or whatever is the new retarded catchphrase. Maybe she has the ability to, the potential, if she was an aimbot against a team of stationary idiots. But no Widow on earth is pulling off what these people clamoring for nerfs are claiming she is.

(I kind of forgot Alexis was a woman’s name as well)
It’s just the way the title was written that made it sound like that, and how later CatCountry said “teams without a widow are called losing teams” (remember that for some reason I thought CatCountry and Alexis were the same user, both having no avatar whatsoever kind of confused me)

cries in female :cry:

Yeah, sorry about that! I’ve grown used to having males with the Alexis name, my mind just got stuck with it

1 Like

The #1 on Overbuff is actually at 54% scoped and 28% critical hits. Which is insane…and not at all 70%.

https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/career/pc/mycrazycat-1884

I do know that you do see games with 70% Widows on console, because KB+M users can dish out those numbers. But that’s not typical even for them nor should be a basis for balance discussion.

1 Like

wait my crazy cat is rank 1?

he wasnt rank one a few days ago

Best Widow on Overbuff, don’t know about in game.

1 Like

Ah okay. Yeah fair enough. It’s easy to confuse all us people with OW symbol avatars, tbqh.

Neither can you, since you no longer have high ground, and the enemy team can safely push and murder your teammates. Winston didn’t kill you but he took control over your game, sometimes you win just by that.

That’s weird. I guess overbuff . com doesn’t update as quickly as the profile website you linked. His stats are different there. Oh well, thanks for that link. But yeah, point still stands. No where near 70% accuracy.

I mean with that attitude I think your teammates would prefer if you hadn’t been queued into their game in the first place.

Yea man they should just stay in spawn. Problem solved.

I guess you also fully ignore tracer in your backline with such a response.
Like just dont die :slight_smile:

Funnily enough, being able to kill someone in 0.72 seconds with sustained damage is actually safer than burst damage OHK in 0.72 seconds.

If you miss with a OHK, you’ve doubled your time to kill. If you miss with sustained damage, it just takes like… another 0.08 seconds.