Why can there be two off tanks in the same team

Oh, Its GreyFalcon, one of the greatest Forum Goers

Rein: yolo charges enemy head on and dies.

*respawns and immediately chooses D’va.

It’s nonsense. But to get it to extreme:

• main tank
  • off tank
  • main DPS
  • support DPS (with utils)
  • main healer
  • support

And there you go. Anyone happy.

Maybe this is kot enough extreme… Let’s just queue for particular hero with info which other heros you want in the team. And then wait until the team may be created (:

Sup. Btw, I did think of a DoubleOffTank vs DoubleOffTank queue.
But it got to be pretty complicated and messy when it came down to implementation.

Also it would kinda mess with the matchmaker quality of matches.

✅ [Brawler Role] DPS Queue Fix

1 Like

Shouldnt be too hard

It’s actually surprisingly difficult, and I expect you’d get some really weak healing in the double offtank queue. Since all the healers that like being protected, will flock to the barrier queue.

If anything, if they were to split the role into offtanks and barriertanks, I’d prefer something like this:

1 Like

This. Is. Perfect.

So awesome

It’s a good idea, but kinda ahead of it’s time.
Probably not good until OW2 comes out, or if they get really desperate for fixing queue times.

I had a similar version, but it doesn’t do much to fix queue times.
(And I need to update the graphics, because people can’t seem to get the idea that the Tank subroles would only be locked for like the first 10 sec of the match)

1 Like

Dude, stop, i cant take this, i can only handle so much awesomeness

Well, they are nice concepts, but I still feel like this one is the best.

It’s simple, with no gimmicks.
(And could be tested without any code changes, just adjusting a few numbers).

Haven’t made any graphics for it, but I probably should.

1 Like

Youre literally the best

Quick Question

If you were to buff main, DVa, how would you do it?

Probably reduce the time it takes for her DM to recharge from empty to full to either 8 or 9 seconds, down from 10.

1 Like

Fair enough

You’d still need to address off/main healer problem. Exactly the same as with main/off tanks. You need to take that into consideration.

Because Blizzard likes to pretend that Reinhardt and Roadhog belong in the same role, or even in the same game.

1 Like

Because Rein is the only main tank left in the game. Double shield still works, but Sigma and Orisa are both off tanks now

There are couple of other issues with this queing system to solve. Phara requires Mercy and Genji is viable only with Ana. I think we need a queue for that.

There’s nothing wrong with having two off tanks as long as the rest of the team builds around it and it makes sense vs. the enemy comp. The problem is that most people aren’t willing to coordinate and build around it so it doesn’t work well very often.

Here we go, some visuals

I mean, before Micro-missiles and all the Matrix nerfs, D.Va/Hog while still hardly ideal could work well enough to function. Pretty sure we even saw pros run them together on rare occasion.