Why can hanzo 1 shot?

Because an Arrow does more damage than a Bullet because of the power of Science.

Where is this written down?

A better question would be:
“Why are snipers in Overwatch at all?”

They do not belong, and should never have added.

Says who and why? We have sniper Mei, why not sniper Widow, Ashe and Hanzo?

Because it used to be harder to hit them, the time for full draw was longer the arch was hreater and the arrow speed was slower, hitting a HS was a skill shot.

I don’t know why, but that one shot potential coupled with his storm arrow burst damage has made him more consistent than all other projectile heroes in the game.

So maybe every projectile hero should be able to do headshot damage, and have an ability where they quickly fire a barrage of their primary fire at double the normal speed

Does Mei 1 all heroes with 200-250HP? Nope. She also has very little control over her rate of fire. Hanzo, Ashe and Widowmaker have much more control.

where is anything about shooters written down? don’t be a fool

Exactly. I don’t have to accept any conventions for shooters and neither do game developers.

I actually miss having the large arc when playing Hanzo.

I’m glad Hanzo can one shot. It’s fun and feels good.
I was playing B a t t l e B o r n the other day. Wanted to play Thorn because that’s the closest thing to Hanzo in the game. Holy smuck, it took at least 20-30 arrows just to kill something.

because he has slow rate of fire?

mccree in the same time period at 20m can do 280. hanzo can only do 250.

1 Like

He would not because he has an insanely slow Rate of Fire.

…Ana and Ashe are snipers. They want to shoot from long range. Soldier and genji are not snipers, they want to shoot from medium/long range.

I don’t care what your definition is, Ana is a sniper. Who cares what youtubers think, they’re not on the development team.

Ashe is a sniper who doesnt do 200 hp per headshot at long range. Ana cant headshot. Those are much bigger issues with your argument than the number 200. So, as your number of 200 is made up, we could change it to, say, 190, without breaking your definition that much. Well, not more than it already is, considering it doesn’t include half the snipers in the game.

Now now, no need to start attempting to insult me, it shows that you’re not very good at arguing a point :slight_smile:

/dontdropthemicunlessthearguementisover

SIGH, 190 doesnt work at all… seems I need to help you to understand why 200 is an important number, if you pay attention to the whole overwatch roaster and their little hp bars you will notice that out of the 29 heroes so far 16 of them , yes 55% of them have 200 hp, this is not a number I pulled from my azz as you seem to think, you silly, 200 is an important number simply because its a break point in which you can already 1 shot more than HALF the overwatch roster without any assitance whatsoever other than your aim.

So yes, 190 hp would break the entire definition because then you can only one shot a grand total of … 1 HERO from the whole overwatch roaster, its that big of a deal, do you see now?

Ana, Ashe are NOT snipers because a snipers needs to one shot without help to be efficient, only Widow and Hanzo can do this, only them can fulfill this role which is necessary for targets that are difficult to burst , targets that play at a safe distance, targets with supports next to them (like pharamercy).

Ana is a sniper you say? Have fun triying to one shot pharamercy with an Ana, mercy will just heal your damage over and over and youll be dead, Ashe almost one shots her but she needs 2 shots and Ashe only fires once every 0.7 seconds, 2 shots take a whole one and a half seconds and a lot can happen in the meanwhile you get a 2nd shot in (bubbles, heal nade, loss of sight, or simply they can kill YOU), this is why I literally said not many posts ago Ashe is VERY close to being a sniper , she borderlines being one but shes not, theres a reason Widow can still outshine her in this task, with a bigger headshot multiplier and a better scope.

Ashe is a decent choice for bursting targets but she isnt a sniper because she cant one shot without being babysitted, Widow and Hanzo dont need this help at all and thats what makes then snipers. Do you see it now?

So heres a thought to help you understand, if Ashe is a sniper in your “book” why does she has the exact same fall off as soldier --> 30 meters? did you know that Soldier damage per second is still higher than Ashe? Soldier can do 171 damage in one second, Ashe can only do 120, because she fires very slowly, if Soldier has better damage per second and the EXACT same falloff why isnt Soldier a sniper? If Ashe deals less damage per second why do you consider her a sniper?

If you consider “wanting to shoot from range” to be a sniper, How much is “long range” to you… how much is “medium range”, wanting to shoot from long range is not a good definition, if genji is wanting to poke shurikens at longer than 30 meters is he a sniper for that little amount of time? No?

If you consider damage per shot is what matters, Widow and Hanzo have the highest number, in which case we already walked the full circle, congratulations.

If you consider every hero that simply has a scope to be a sniper, you have been missing out a lot this whole time, and this is not what a being a sniper means, if overwatch had a hero without a scope that could one shot a 200 hp hero it WOULD be a SNIPER, its the ONE SHOT KILLING capacity what matters thats the core of the discussion here, Widow and Hanzo dominate this niche and theres only the 2 of them right now.

You dont care for perfectly reasonable arguments? Its like observing one of those kids that when throwing a tantrum blocks their ears and eyes and yell NENER NENER

Honestly, if youre one of those players that plays DPS and switches to Ana to counter the Pharmercy more power to you, but you arent playing the game correctly, you dont understand what a sniper means and chances are you will lose because of that mistake.

The whole point of a 190 kill is to stop the random spam 1 shots. Why should a widow or hanzo who cant shoot straight be able to 1 shot people by accident? A GOOD widow or hanzo can follow up on the kill or pick targets that are weak.

Ashe zooms in and can shoot long range, she’s a sniper.
Ana zooms in and can shoot long range, she’s a sniper.
Snipers don’t need to 1 shot.

One last ditch effort on explaining this to you, not long ago there was the one and only succesful and dominant sniper meta, do you know the amounts of Ana used? 0 , do you know the amount of Widows and Hanzo used? All of them . I leave it to you to figure out why.

And this is why unless something changes youll never join a professional team or surpass any competitive rank higher than gold for that matter, your understanding of the game is just not that good.

Look I get 1 shots are frustrating (which seems to be your actual issue), Ive died to them hundreds of times and feels terrible sometimes but to say its just random spam is extremely unfair and degrading for the people that practiced to pull that off, I have always apreciatted and respected that set of skills because whether you believe it or not its VERY hard to one shot consistently and in a regular basis, by the way you talk and describe things you clearly dont play any precision hero and have never tried to become good at one.

I have, and I assure you it takes an insane amount of hours to pull the things that you regard as random spam, 1 lucky shot maybe but try repeating that 20 times over the course of 5minutes and youll start seeing what Im talking about, now Im not here to change your mind, youre already biased towards non aim heroes and very stubborn for that but at least have somewhere in the back of your mind that the very thing you are criricizing and want nerfed could be the result of hardwork, hardwork that you actively have refused to explore, and is not as simple as luck, Thats all I ask.

Including letting an Archer 1 shot!

Your last ditch effort to explain to me why Ana (a character who’s story is she is sniper and who’s gun is a modified sniper rifle with a zoom scope) ISN’T a sniper… Well, it just didn’t make sense - just because an internet YouTuber says something doesn’t make it true :slight_smile:

I don’t want to join a professional team. I don’t care about professional teams.

Yes, i think 1 shots are unfair. The snipers in overwatch have bad signalling. Its not hard to 1 shot someone, consistency doesn’t matter, you just keep firing until you get a lucky shot. Consistent players could pull off 2 shot kills or could pick a low health target, right? So 190 headshots would let consistent players really shine :slight_smile:

Ah, and now you’re making assumptions about who i play, as if that’ll help your argument :slight_smile: