Why are you now punished for leaving during QP hero assemble?

I noticed a few days ago that my endorsement level dropped after leaving a QP game during the assemble your heroes stage. I figured it was just delayed from not getting enough endorsements over previous games.

But today, I want to leave a Paris game. I’d left a few games earlier, all during assemble your heroes, before anyone had spawned into the spawn room. The Paris game was also during the hero assembly, but I got a warning that I was about to get a leaver penalty and 75% xp reduction if I did.

According to Jeff:

this should not happen. Why have they changed it? And when?

Endorses are a terrible system, they may decay if you don’t get them or if you don’t give.

Now on the penalty, you probably left some matches but I swear all of that is inconsistent

There is supposed to be 0 penalty for leaving during hero assemble, and I didn’t leave a single game outside of that. I got the warning by trying to leave during hero assemble.

I leave quite a few games at the assemble hero stage and have never gotten hit with a penalty or even a warning. Perhaps it’s a bug? Or just a particularly delayed warning? But your endorsement level system shouldn’t be effected, I don’t think the system even accounts for leaving games. That just sounds like regular decay.

Endorsements is as a failed system as doomfist as a character concept.

I think that quote from Jeff refers to the -75% XP penalty you get from leaving games repeatedly, rather than endorsement decay.

Leaving games definitely affects endorsement level, but it’s not supposed to happen if you leave during hero assembly.

Same for the 75% xp leaver penalty.

But it seems that at the moment, it is.