Why are Top 500s getting Bronzes in their games

My second placement game included a GM Genji and a silver Orisa on my team, with plat supports. Our opponents had at least one bronze player.

Its looking like a glitch.

Imagine if they had a 1 month beta to sort out these bugs

It looks like KEPHRII is placing 2.4k

Ridiculous.

Ha I think this is great! the season JUST started and people already got their conspiracy caps on.

You do know last season was a beta season right? Likely none of our SR mattered in the first place from it and we are being evaluated all over again.

People in low ranks getting chances to climb and people camped out in high ranks complaining cause it’s not possible they could actually be worst then others after 17 seasons being soft-locked in the top xD

1 Like

They had one month to collect data. I wouldn’t think it’s a bug per se. If it is, it’s pretty funny. But it sounds like the MM needs to collect non-beta stats to match people again with the new system.

They said that they were taking the MMR from the Role queue beta and all the MMR from previous seasons. Its probably a glitch.

Oh, you’re one of those people XD.

Okay… But how does that make any sense if they had a month of data collection? I honestly can’t even tell if you are trying to defend Blizzard or imply they are incompetent because it really makes no sense. This sort of stuff should not happen based on data, and therefore it is likely a bug.

1 Like

I’m implying the system is new.

yeah i am I think it’s ridiculous every season people get a head start. I’ve never placed higher plat and tickled diamond a few times and likely never will cause I dont got time to play overwatch 8 hours a day. But I dont understand why I get plat and play maybe 5-15 hours of comp a week or less and people who play 15-50 hours are soft locked at the bottom cause a magic SR/MMR system.

Bring on the chaos i say!! Put everyone at 1000 SR and by the end of season 18 we’ll sort this all out :stuck_out_tongue:

Its not tho. Look at the past 2 months of role queue beta.

Queues were half decent, sure you had the occasional Diamond in a GM game, but NEVER this bad.

Ok sidenote, as a designer I adore Kephrii’s stream overlay and stuff

So uhh, is everyone just gold now or?

This is the season of everyone getting their own unranked to ??? run

Yeah, it looks like everyone is mid gold now, but ONLY if u win 4/5 of ur placements.

1 Like

They should just admit they don’t know what they are doing and reset everything.

It’s new without beta. As in, it’s the real deal. I’d laugh if this is because some folks didn’t take the beta seriously because their stats wouldn’t matter, but went on that grind once they realized the MMR will be carried over. So, messing up the whole MM.

Gold is the default rank that new players get. So 80% of players placing right now are gold, from new players to Dafran

I’m facing GM players in GM, I guess I’m not good enough for gold :slightly_frowning_face:

3 Likes

WELP, it looks like they did LOL.

2 Likes

Try harder you can be anything you set your mind to.

2 Likes

Pro players didnt take beta seriously and they still ended T50 in beta.

Which means the place gold, ofc

This is on another level of broken. Either a MASSIVE bug, or an MMR reset.