Why are there unavailable icons and name cards?

There’s icons and name cards that, as far as I know, have no way of being obtained. I can understand if they’re being held off for later challenges or something like that, but what more confuses me are the ones that are seemingly related to skin bundles bought from the shop. I bought the Minotaur Reinhardt bundle, and there is a “Minotaur” icon and “Labyrinth” name card, yet I do not have access to them, nor do i see any option in the shop to purchase them. Said icons and name cards are also listed under a tab labeled “shop”, but again, I’ve not seen them in the shop or seen any other way of obtaining them. Anything from Blizzard about this?

6 Likes

Yeah this is really frustrating! I’ve been wanting that cyberpunk themed widow icon ever since i saw it! And also a few of the player cards.

I thought for sure they were going to be added in the “just for you” section or something or maybe even be a bundle themselves so you can get multiple.

It’s so dumb that they didn’t include name cards in the matching skins, like hanzo koi bundle with the koi header etc.

I really have no idéa what they’re thinking and as far as i know we have yet heard anything about the name cards at all.

I wonder what’s taking them this long to add them??

6 Likes

I second this 100%

The Reinhardt Minotaur player icon and Labyrinth name card should have been part of the Minotaur Reinhardt bundle. I bought the bundle and grinded the Minotaur voice line and player title but am now not able to complete the whole “Minotaur collection”.

I can only hope the corresponding player icon and name card will become available soon. It would be a shame if we had to buy them since we already spent 1900 coins on the Minotaur bundle. In that case they should’ve been part of that bundle for perhaps 2000 or 2200 coins.

1 Like

I really want Lucio’s Hermes icon and widow’s Medusa banner but they’re just unavailable :confused:

I’ve asked about this before but I feel like blizzard just doesn’t care

1 Like

If they think I’ll fork over money for a Player Icon or Name Card for something that should have been included in a bundle, they’re sorely mistaken. Who knows though, can only speculate since no communication.

1 Like

The ONLY times the Name cards for the skins were ever included in the bundle so far are Witch Kiriko and Zenyatta Cybermonk. Think there might be a third one but forgot.

1 Like

Just noticed these items myself… Would be nice to know what is up with these items. Also for the price of the matching skins they should be included.

1 Like

Part of me suspects this is related to them insisting that they HAVE to charge a certain amount for an item and not wanting to raise the price of a bundle. IMO they should just bundle that stuff in at no additional cost and be like “OMG, WHAT A SAVINGS!” but that’s just me.